“Eeeewww.”

Ranked #37 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Senoia, Georgia, United States
“Eeeewww.”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We attended a conference in Branson and used Hotwire to find a nice hotel in the area since the on-site retreat center was booked solid. The Westgate Resort --looked-- nice and the price was reasonable, so we booked a room for two nights.

The entrance to the property is quite attractive, with a guard gate and "mountain lodge" look. As you make your way up the hill, you see log cabins on both sides of the street and it appears you're in a condo complex. As instructed, we proceeded to make our way to "the top of the hill" where we saw a multi-storied building with a large, grand entrance. "Hey, this is gonna be nice", we said. (We did notice several motel-style buildings on both sides of the road approaching the large building but didnt think much of it).

As we entered, there was a large reception desk and several employees standing around, laughing and joking. I stood there for a few seconds before they took notice of me. When I explained we had a reservation, we were directed around the corner to a large room with ropes for cuing the line. Immediately I had a "check" in me because behind the desk it was sparse and looked like they were TRYING to look fancy, but couldn't quite pull it off. We checked in and, despite it being a pre-paid reservation, we had to put a credit card deposit of $50 down. Strange, but "whatever". After given the key which said Room "405" on it, I asked "so that's on the fourth floor?" They laughed and said "oh no, you're in the hotel next door." My heart sank, but they directed me to a guy behind a podium, looking at me, who was going to give me "a welcome package". Since Westgate is a timeshare, I told my wife "oh no. Here comes the HARD SELL". Yep, the guy proceeded to give me the "What if I told you that we'd give you two---no, wait...THREE---nights free, $30 spending cash, and....". I cut him off and told him we were booked solid the whole weekend at the retreat. He frowned, confirmed we had no free time, and then dropped me like a hot potato. Expect the hard sell if you stay here! They want to turn you into "an owner".

We drove around to the MOTEL...right up to the door. I opened the door and my heart sank even further. EEEEW. Think "Motel 6". Yep, air conditioner in the front wall, window above, two double beds, partical board furniture, and you are looking right at the bathroom counter from the door. Yeah, it has a mini fridge and microwave, but we were expecting a HOTEL ROOM. If your expectations are for a MOTEL, then you wont be disappointed.

The door knob was loose on the bathroom door and there was enough space between the door and the door jamb to pass a Cosmo magazine through. The ironing board was missing, but at least we had an iron! The linens were clean but it definitely had a grimy feel to it.

When we returned to the room late in the day on day 2, we found that the room had not been cleaned. The bed was just like me left it in the am, and towels were on the floor. At this point, I was beginning to wonder if they even HAD housekeeping. Yep, they'd send someone "right over". (no apology). Someone did show up...but it was over an hour later. He was a nice guy and replaced the towels, but just re-made the bed (maybe I'm wrong here but I always thought they changed out the sheets every day. I'm an airline pilot and travel for a living so that's been my experience. Not here though.)

The place is geared toward selling the property to future "owners". The wifi is free...for "owners". Otherwise, pay up chump. My wife went to use the gym, which was described quite nicely and located in "the lodge". She found a motel room that had a few pieces of equipment in it, but not what you'd expect. Maybe the "owners" have a nicer facility somewhere but again, not what you'd hope for.

You probably get the gist....we were extremely disappointed and it certainly didnt meet our expectations. The service was terrible and we felt like the room was on the verge of being somewhat "gross". It's a classier version of a Motel 6 room. Expect that and you'll be happy. Expect a HOTEL room and you wont. The good news is you get to walk right out of your door to the car, so you have that going for you.

Room Tip: End up in the "motel" and expect noise from cars right outside the window and PRAY you don...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Dave B
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your response. As a timeshare resort, we invite our guests to participate in our 90 minute presentation. Participating is purely voluntary and in exchange for your time we do provide different incentives and gifts. We take all of our guest’s comments into consideration, as we are always looking to improve. We are diligently working on the upgrades of our units through a renovating and maintenance schedule. Please know that although you had some issues during your stay, we are always looking for ways to make our guests stay better. We apologize you had issues with the cleanliness of the unit, that is not our standard of service. We hope you allow us the opportunity to exceed you expectations in the future.

Idalise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
Decatur TX
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We were in a large 1 bedroom condo in the tower and were invited to stay 2 nights for a 90 minute sales presentation for their Travel Club. The condo was very nice, granite counter tops, large jacuzzi in the bedroom, looked like luxury. However, it is apparent that this resort does not pay attention to detail. There was a piece of bathroom tile missing on the bathroom floor in the corner of the toilet room. There was a round, open hole in the bedroom wall with wires coming out, it was just not finished out. Someone had dusted our room...but very sporadically. I could write words in the dust on the table by the sofa. The light fixtures & lamps were dusty. There is not much insulation in the walls. We could tell when our neighbors were using the jacuzzi in their room. We were even awakened in the night from water noise. We have stayed in other luxury condos and were disappointed with the quality and attention to detail in this property. We did not pay to stay here so not sure about the value.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank january58
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this review, February 17, 2015
We appreciate your suggestions regarding our resort. Allow us to sincerely apologize if the unit was lacking attention. The functionality of the unit and cleanliness is very important to us and we are committed in assuring that all our units are up to standards. Your comments will help us to find opportunities to correct these issues in order to ensure that our resort’s approach continues to be conductive to our guests’ satisfaction. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you when your travels bring you back to the Branson Woods area.
Oklahoma
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Myself and 3 girlfriends were put in a not so new section of the property that needed considerable maintenance. We awoke several mornings to leaf blowers at a very early hour. The breakfast buffet is incredibly sad and it is not free....

There were several light fixtures, lamps etc that did not work correctly.

Room Tip: No tips, don't stay here.
Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank karla87
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
We really value your feedback. Our resort is always undergoing renovations. Customer Service is very important to us and our hope is always to exceed guests’ expectations. Thank you again and we hope you will visit us again, so that we can provide a greater experience.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Me and my family came and stayed for a week in a 3 bedroom apartment. WOW was it amazing. Our place was absolutely huge. We had 2 master bedrooms, 1 regular bedroom (that was just as amazing as the other two) 2 kitchens, a mini kitchen, 3 bathrooms, 3 fire places and 2 porches, and that is just a brief overview. I cannot explain in words how amazing our place was. The entire resort as a whole was a great experience. We came and visited during Christmas break, so although we were unable to use the pool, it looked very cool, and we will definitely have to come back in the summer. There was plenty of things to do inside the resort, and right outside of it is plenty of tourist attractions. It is the best of both worlds, as you have the option to stay on the property, or the option to venture off. It is gated, and there are very nice security members standing in the entrance who are very welcoming and were willing to answer any questions that we had about the place and about activities to do around. Did I mention that we had a dog and that she was not only allowed on the property, but there was a hiking trial right behind our place!? I cannot talk any more highly of this place.

Room Tip: We stayed in the newer building at the bottom of the hill, which was perfect for our dog.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kaitlyn E
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you so much for providing your input. We’re thrilled you were able to enjoy our spacious rooms and room amenities. We take pride in all of our guests and owners so we strive to make them feel like they are at “home away from home”. It is great to hear that you were able to make use of our convenient location to do everything you wanted while in the area. Thank you so much for choosing Westgate Resorts and we hope to see you soon!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 18, 2014

First visit - Great Place and will definitely return. Stayed 1st week of Jan but planning on returning before end of year like spring, fall or Christmas. The roads were very well kept even after all the ice and snow. The property we stayed in was super nice. Having security driving around made us feel very comfortable.
The girl I spoke with over the phone was very helpful and arranging a great place that we could walk into due to myself having problems with stairs.
For anyone that stays there and does not feel like cooking try their pizza - they will also deliver and it is excellent.

Room Tip: Stay in the cabins with screened in porches down the hill.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Dana L
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
We value and appreciate your feedback. It pleases us to know that you had an overall great stay with us. We’re delighted to hear that our staff was able to assist you and made you feel comfortable. We love to hear when our guests enjoy their vacation with us. On behalf of the entire Westgate staff, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you soon!

North Louisiana
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stay here with a family member who has a time share studio apartment for a few days every year. It's a great size for two people and has everything you need in the kitchen for a week long stay. Staff is friendly and the concierge was always around when we had a question. However, we found better deals on our own than those offered by the concierge, so check around first! We ran out of hot water and it turns out that each unit has its own hot water heater. They sent a maintenance man up right away and he replaced the breaker within an hour and got us back in business. We had to call the next night to get help with the DVD player and the same maintenance man came up. He was really nice and refused to take a tip from us for his help.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelStars4Us
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are very thrilled to hear that you loved our studio unit, staff members and resort accommodations. It’s certainly wonderful to know that our maintenance staff was able to repair the hot water heater and DVD player. We hope to see you back at the resort soon!

Los Angeles, Texas
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We visited for four nights during the week before Christmas. The property was very nicely decorated with Christmas lights and was very festive. There was a security guard at the front gate at all times and we really appreciated that. We are not timeshare owners, just visitors, and this was our first time visiting. We were expecting a nicer room than what we received. When booking the room, we decided to splurge a little and spend a little more to get a nicer "condo" instead of a regular hotel room, so we opted for a Studio room. The only difference between this studio and other regular hotel rooms that I've stayed at was that there was a small microwave. We were expecting a little bit better than that, but we were happy to be in Branson so we settled for what we got. When we walked into the tiny bathroom, the toilet had overflowed into the floor (from the previous guests, I'm guessing). My husband cleaned it up and fixed it himself. The next morning, I went to make my morning coffee and discovered the coffee maker in the room did not work. I had to drive a quarter mile to the front desk and get another coffee maker. I got the second coffee maker back to the room and hooked up, and that one didn't work either. Drove back to the front desk and this time they gave me a new coffee maker still in the box. Third time was a charm. That night, around 11:45, my husband and I were getting ready for bed and we discovered we had no hot water. I called the front desk and the woman told me she wasn't sure if maintenance would be able to fix it tonight and that she would call me back. Thankfully the maintenance man came down to the room, but we ended up having to pack up everything and move to a completely different room. By this time, I started to get a little irritated. The front desk was not willing to compensate us or upgrade us to a room that was closer to our original room so that we would not have to load everything up. After that incident, the rest of our stay was enjoyable. Overall, based on our experience, I would rate this resort at "average", at very best.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Anongal
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for choosing Westgate Branson Woods! It was our delight to have you stay with us. We understand you had some concerns during your stay. Guest feedback is vital, so that we can provide the best service we can. Please understand that during times of high occupancy. The resort tries its best to accommodate guest’s requests. We hope to be given another opportunity to exceed your expectations.