“Great time!”

Westgate Branson Woods Resort
Ranked #38 of 140 Hotels in Branson
“Great time!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We just spent a week at Westgate Branson Woods and had a GREAT time!! Johnny in activities did an awesome job hosting the owners dinner and we had a blast playing bingo with him. Susie, the concierge we deslt with most, was very pleasant and very helpful. I would definitely recommend it to anyone going to Branson!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Pam B
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
We love to hear when our guests’ have a great time in Westgate Branson Woods. We’re thrilled you took advantage of our resort amenities and our staff was able to assist you. We feel honored that you will recommend us and hope you come back and visit us soon!
Idalise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I would come back again. But I would be sure to get something ground level... and I would be sure to check out the heat early on so that no one has to sleep in a cold room. I made a few calls up to the fron desk about internet to help me and the people were very kind.

Room Tip: the rooms were very nice. It was just that we had no heat in one condo. So I had to call the next mo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled you will be returning. We are glad our staff was able to assist you. We want to thank you for staying with us and we look forward for your next visit!
Yorba Linda, California
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We went to the Westgate Resort for a reunion. My friend and I stayed in a one bedroom premium in the main building. It was absolutely beautiful! Our other friends stayed in the four unit cabins further down the hill. What a difference in accommodations!! Theirs were dated and well below the level of ours. We had a spectacular view and they had a view of a tree and a dirt path. The green carpet looked dirty and tacky in their units. Be careful when you book to get the newer units in the main building. My one problem with the resort is that there is no where to eat on the property except for the pizza place. There is not even a small store for staples which I always find at timeshares. Not having a car, I was very uncomfortable not even being able to buy a bottle of juice or milk. We went to the timeshare presentation and my friend and I are still incredulous that the representative told us that many timeshares sell for $250,000 for a week, yes I said $250,000!!! I live in California where real estate is extremely high so I am used to high prices but this fact was totally unrealistic. She undoubtedly gave us this price so we would think that their timeshare at $40,000 was a deal. Well, I own in the Bahamas and paid no where near $40,000 and I could probably buy 10 2 bedroom timeshares there for the $250,000. Her credibility was shot from the moment she told us about the $250,000. My friend and I kept asking, "250,000?, really????" Needless to say, I did not buy. But, our stay in the one bedroom premium was delightful!

Room Tip: Rooms in main building are best choice.
1 Thank deedeed1953
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your response. We are thrilled that you had a “delightful” stay. You may have encountered a room that was yet to be updated but we are going through updates throughout our units through a renovating and maintenance schedule. As a timeshare resort, our sales staff may be quoting prices based on the accommodations you would have liked. However, our specialized sales staffs are there to work with you and offer you a price that would be comfortably affordable within your income. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you visit us soon!
Florida
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Westgate Branson Woods Oct 12-19. We thought due to availability we were going to have a hotel room, but was pleasantly surprised we were given a nice condo. Everything about the property I would rare excellent. The entire staff were so friendly and the shuttle driver took us where ever we wanted to go on the property. She always had a smile and so helpful in telling us about activities and surrounding restaurants and shows. It was one of our best vacations thanks to this resort and staff

Room Tip: The condos are great. Nice balcony and large rooms. Fully equipped kitchen. I did not see the cabins...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank applingh
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are pleased to hear that our staff was able to accommodate your needs. We strive to provide an ultimate vacation for our guests’ and we are glad we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for choosing Westgate and we hope you come back and visit us soon.
Sapulpa, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed here during fall break and it was awful. Upon arriving, our room was littered with leaves, evidently blown in by the wind and not cleaned up. The room was decent, but worn. The beds were hard. The next day, I took a shower and 2 minutes into it, the water went from warm to cold without warning. I called the front desk later that day and maintenance was called. He said there was only 1 tank to service that whole building. The next day I had warm water for a shower, but only intermittent warm water in the sink. Our next door neighbor didn't have hot water at all as maintenance was called again. It was $6 per person per day for breakfast which I was told was served from 8-9 am (it was actually 7-10 am and I was told this erroneously). It was also a $10 charge per 24 hours for wifi. Even if you brought your own computer to the main lobby, you could not access the internet without paying for it. There are MANY hotels/motels/resorts in Branson. I will NEVER stay at this place again. For the $75 per night fee, I could have stayed somewhere else and had a free, hot breakfast AND free wifi. Additionally, the indoor pool was small and the hot tub was not even open most of the time.The only positive things I can say is when I complained, I did get upgraded and a free extra night (after haggling with the supervisor) and the area was secured and well kept.

Room Tip: I would ask to see the room before committing to staying there
Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
We appreciate your feedback! We understand that you had some concerns during your stay. Our units do run through a maintenance schedule and we apologize that you were having issues with the water heater. We are happy to hear that our staff was able to grant you an extra night because of the inconvenience you experience. We hope you come back to allow us with the opportunity to exceed you expectations.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Me and my husband rented the Studio room for 6 nights while we enjoyed our 1 year anniversary. I was pleased with the view, the room, and how much I had paid. The only thing I was incredibly disappointed in was the fact that there was no room service. I'm not sure about the hotel part of the resort, but our room never got cleaned during our 6 night stay. Although, they assured us that if you stay about a week they clean your room on your third day there. I was also frustrated on the fact that we did not receive clean towels any time during our stay. I was also disappointed on the fact that wifi wasn't free. When nowhere on their website or anywhere else does it say there is a fee. So being a student, I opted into bringing my laptop, and was very frustrated to find out I had to pay. I enjoyed the location as it was close to the strip, and incredibly easy to find, despite it being also secluded. Also, was happy at having access to all 3 hot tubs and the indoor pool during our stay. Probably wont be returning to Westgate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our units and the view. As a timeshare resort, our housekeeping schedule does run a little differently but our housekeeping staff will be more than happy to bring you supplies if requested. We strive to provide an ultimate vacation and we thank you for giving us your input as we look for more ways to exceed our guests’ expectations. Thank you for choosing Westgate and we hope you come back and visit us soon.
Texas
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed at this resort last year when we had our reunion. We voted to stay again this year because it went so smoothly. We stay about a week. The grounds and staff were very nice both visits. Overall, I enjoyed my stay. Unfortunately, there were a few things that made it less appealing for next reunion. Check-in was dissatisfactory for many. Rooms were not ready and some waited long after 4Pm to get their room. In my opinion, there was not adequate housekeeping staffing for the scheduled turnover of guests and there was no mention of any kind of compensations offered to those who could not checkin at 4PM. I thought maybe they could comp wi-fi or something ($10 a night wi-fi charge is ludicrous). The other issue is the NOISE. The rooms are not insulated well and you can hear anyone in the rooms adjacent. We had opted out of staying in the same bldg as last year thinking the main hotel would have better noise reduction. Didn't. I would say this is a gret place to stay at anytime even with the nuances. The staff is above average in every way and the property is very nice. I like the gated entry and easy access to city. The condo was very nice and clean. The dishwasher leaked but I reported it. They were willing to repair but I specifically asked them to wait until we departed. Hand washing a few dishes was not an issue. I managed to break one of the louvers on the blind when trying to straighten them out and it was repaired same morning while I was out shopping. I thought the maintenance team efficient. I was present when we built a bonfire and they did charge $25 to a specific room for 3 logs. We were told we couldn't buy more. Any guest could have spent time there. They last up two hours. I asked if I could get 3 logs as a guest and pay but was told no, only one guest could have 3 logs that night. Now, that is just plain stupid. Otherwise, all was great. Bed was average comfortable. Loved my condo and the view. Ask for the back units to get best view and no street noise. I'd have gone with Excellent rating but noise is an issue.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the standard rooms if you can afford a condo or villa. They are outdated, no kitc...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
We are so proud to be a destination that can bring generations of families together. We are sorry to hear that some of your extended family experienced challenges with check in. We are glad that you were able to enjoy our onsite campfire. When requested the campfire gets set up at dusk and is meant to only last a few hours that is why the bone fire only receives three logs. The fee you paid takes care of the logs and the cleaning and maintenance of the area. We are glad that you enjoyed our accommodations and hope to see you again in the future.
Lucía