“Gorgeous Quiet Cabins in the Hills”

Westgate Branson Woods Resort
Ranked #37 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Desert Hot Springs, California
“Gorgeous Quiet Cabins in the Hills”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is a great resort with a variety of accommodation options. We had a two bedroom timeshare cabin that was HUGE, with two bathrooms, fireplace, comfortable furniture, covered front deck and screened back porch. Very quiet, very restful, but only minutes from any of the great Branson theatres and activies and restaurants. The resort also has pools and other amenities including GREAT pizza delivered right to your door. I look forward to staying here again ... and again!

Room Tip: I'd request a two bedroom cabin, if you have the option. For larger families, these two bedroom...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Westgate Branson Woods. It’s great to know you found your cabin to be huge and the resort to be quiet and restful. We hope you were able to enjoy our other amenities and explored the Branson area. Please come back and see us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed April 28, 2013

When I arrived, there were 3 people behind the desk and only 3 couples ahead of me to check in. It took 45 minutes for me to check in. I finally got my keys and drove around for 10 minutes looking for my room. I found the building, carried all of our luggage to the 3rd floor, and discovered it was not the room that I had booked. The room was nice, but I had booked a one bedroom villa on Hotels.com. The first line of the room description was "This room opens to a deck". There was no deck. Not wanting to drive back to the front desk at 10:30pm, I went to bed. The next morning, we discovered that we had no phone reception and that the hot water ran out 5 minutes into the first shower. I called the desk, and the clerk said, "You booked on Expedia. You will have to bring your confirmation to the desk". When I showed the clerk my confirmation, she told me that she could not give me a room with a deck because the confirmation listed the room type, but did not say that the room had a deck. I agreed that the description of the room was not on the confirmation (room descriptions usually aren't), but I showed her the description of the room type listed on my confirmation on the Hotels.com website. The first line of the description was "This room opens to a deck". Even after looking at the description of the room I booked, she said that she couldn't give me the room that I booked since I booked on Expedia and the room description wasn't printed on the confirmation. (She made repeated references to my having booked through "Expedia". Based on her tone, it was clear that they obviously don't like when rooms are booked through an external site.) I asked her if she could move me to a room with hot water and phone service. She said she the only thing she could do was move me to a room in the high rise (a far cry from the villa with a deck that I booked), but it wouldn't be ready for an hour. I wasn't happy, but had already wasted an hour, still needed to shower, and had to be somewhere later that morning. I called Hotels.com and explained that they refused to give me the room I booked. The Hotels.com agent put me on hold and called the hotel. He came back on the line ~40 minutes later and informed me that even though it was clear that the room I booked was one with a deck, the hotel refused to honor it. I did not want a room in a high rise. I wanted the room with a deck. I told the clerk to give me the room with the deck, a working shower, and phone service and I would just pay to "upgrade". She said ok, took my payment, and told me it would be ready at 4pm. It was 9am, and I had been dealing with this since 7am. That was the straw that broke the camel's back - and she knew it. She finally decided she could give me a room that had a screened in porch instead of a deck. I have never had an experience like that before in my life!
As for the room itself, it was ok. The carpet was old and stained. The shower worked part of the time, but there were times when there was almost no water pressure, and times when we would get scalded mid shower. As for the food, we tried the breakfast buffet once. If I were comparing it to the free breakfasts many other hotels offer, I would say it would be slightly below average. However, since it is not free, I have to say it was very disappointing.
This place has a lot of potential, but needs some repairs and lessons in customer service. I won't go back.

Room Tip: No phone service in building 3. Check the showers - problems with showers in multiple buildings.
1 Thank L S
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the issues you experienced. We have taken note of each one and will pass them onto the appropriate members of our staff. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We take pride in our exceptional service and will work with them to improve going forward. Again, please accept our apologies and we do hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Roff, ok
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My family stayed in a Grand One Bedroom Suite. It has a full kictchen.It hada dining room table that seats 6. Livingroom with fireplace (fake flames but looks real). Very large bedroom with sitting chair and a jet tub that seats 2 and I mean 2 or 3 or maybe even 4 (large). Double vanity lavortory with large walk in shower with rain head and regular shower head (large shower).
Beautiful view. We did stay in the check-in building on the fifth floor balcony with 2 chairs and a rocker (wonderful to drink a cup of coffee early in the morning and late at night. Lots of woods and you can see Branson. Very clean and kids had plenty to do. Pizza place that only delivers on grounds across from check-in building. This is a gated facility with cabins and suites. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Get at least a fourth, fifth or 6th floor room in the check-in facility.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Nothing is better than having a nice cup of coffee while relaxing on the balcony taking in nature! We love that you had a 5 star experience with us at Westgate Branson Woods and we appreciate you taking the time to review your stay. Happy to know your kids enjoyed the many amenities as well. We look forward to hosting your and your family again!
tulsa, oklahoma
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I purchased a trip off Priceline.com for a weekend getaway. When we arrived the building to check in a mile from the gate. We waited in line to check in and when we got up there I told them I had ordered on priceline and that it only asked how many rooms. I made sure and told them we had 3 people and we needed a room with two beds. They told me that's what I was booked for. They had a trainee checking us in and put us first in a room that was already occupied and so another lady came and helped him. She was not part of the original conversation of us needing two rooms, but as I was told before we already had that so there was no need to reiterate. She checked us in and after about 15 minutes we were done with that. Then they sent us over to a gentleman who basically wanted to sell us a timeshare and he was upset when my dad walked away from him and was rude to us after that. I had no idea when I signed up on priceline this was what type of place we were staying. We then went to our room and hiked up a flight of stairs to get there and realize that it only had one king bed. So I called and they said that's what priceline books you in and I proceeded to tell them about the conversation with the first two gentlemen about needing two beds. So we had to get all of our stuff and walk back down (which is not easy on my parents) to go back to the desk and get switched to another room. They got it right that time, but the building we were in was far from everything, it was okay, needed updating. It served the purpose for what we needed. But I say that to say this.....if you don't want to be hassled about a timeshare or care to have to walk or drive to the amenities then it shouldn't be a big deal for you. It was an okay experience but not one I'm willing to repeat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay. We apologize if there was a misunderstanding when booking through one of our partners. Thank you for you patience regarding our new trainee. We do offer the opportunity to all of our guests to take a tour and, with that, receive certain incentives, with no obligations. We hope that you had a chance to enjoy the many amenities and ideal location of our resort. We do hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations.
Tomah, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We have stayed at many resorts over the last 25 years, we find the security, friendly staff and location to be very comforting. It has varying levels of accommodations. Cabins, villas and the new towers. Each has positives. Depends what you are after. Overall excellent activities - superb staff.
We recommend for friends but remember we are 59 & 63 years old - plenty of family things to do but we don't utilize those. Well run.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
The diversity of offerings here at Westgate Branson Woods is what sets us apart from other resorts. We want to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience, and we are happy to know you had a 5 star experience during your stay. We are thrilled you chose us and we would love to have you as guests again!
Chicago
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My Family and I went there for Spring Break, it was wonderful. The only thing was since our spring break was before the busy season in Branson, the breakfast area was not open. The Fitness area was a little small, and the only other thing that was missing was either Free Wi-Fi, or a common area where people can use computers. The signal on our phones were terrible, since we were in the mountains.
Staff was great, I did have to ask that our sheets be changed just becaused they did not look very fresh to me, but that was not problem.
Location is great as well, not too close to all the traffic, but not far from all the action either. Very close to the outlet mall.
The only reason I did not give it the highest rating, is because I am an "owner" at a different Westgate resort, and it was less expensive for me to go through Expedia and book than it was for me to upgrade to a larger unit and pay the difference through Westgate. I am not a fan of Timeshares at all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of Westgate Branson Woods Resort. It so nice to know that you and your family found your stay wonderful. We appreciate your comments, as we are always looking for areas in which to improve. Our staff strives to provide great service, and we're glad to read that you received that. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to your return!