“Great Place to Stay!!”

Ranked #37 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Texas
“Great Place to Stay!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

The condo was great, we felt at home. All the staff was nice and answered all of our questions. We were not able to try out the pool/hot tub because we were busy with other activities. You really wouldn't need to leave the resort with all the activities that are offered at the resort. We will be definately going back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
We are so happy to know you felt at home with us at Westgate Branson Woods. It is great you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. While you stated you weren’t able to take part in some of our amenities during your stay, we hope that on your next visit you will get a chance. See you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We used our Interval International membership to get our second exchange at this resort. We like the location (not on the strip) and the staff has always been friendly and helpful. We were able to check in before the stated time without any problems. The check in process was easy and the staff member was very helpful.

The 1 bedroom villa was nice. We had a screened in patio right off the dining area so we could eat our meals indoors or out. The villa was very clean but dated. The televisions were from the 90's and it brought back memories of watching the color band before the day's programming began. The furniture in the living area was very comfortable and there were lots of windows so there was good lighting through out the space, except for the kitchen with only 1 small window.

The kitchen was in need of updating. The counters appeared to have been laminate that had been painted so there were numerous scuff marks. But what we found most disappointing was the lack of proper pots and pans to actually cook. We love to fix our own breakfast and lunch while on vacation. We had pots for soup but no skillet to fix the perfect vacation breakfast.

The bathroom was hugh and had a jetted tub. The bedroom also had great windows but the old style TV appeared again in an armoire.

The best thing about this resort is Location, Location, Location. You can be on the strip in 5 minutes. You can be at Branson Landing in 10 minutes. You are off the strip.

All in all, we love the location and scenic views of this resort. We think with a little updating, it would be a Very Good review.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a screened patio. While there were not a lot of bugs in early April, we have been...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It pleases us to know that you like our location, found our staff friendly and helpful and had an easy check in. We appreciate your comments, as we are always looking for areas in which to improve. With our spacious units and excellent location, we hope to have another chance to provide you with a relaxing visit!
Raymond, IA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed in cabin 20 and had a PERFECT FAMILY GETAWAY!!! Everyone was able to have their own bedroom and space. We all LOVED the screened porch!! We were within easy reach of all the attractions, yet off in a quiet locale. The cabin afforded us the opportunity to get everyone together and have a wonderful time! THANKS!!! IT WAS AWESOME!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of Westgate Branson Woods. We are thrilled that you found it the "perfect family getaway!!!" It's gratifying to read that everyone loved the accommodations and that you were able to take advantage of the great location. We look forward to providing you with another awesome vacation!
Ottawa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just got home from a 1 week stay. My parents are time share owners, and it was our 1st time here.

The room: We were told we had a 2 bedroom villa, what we got was actually 2 units that were attached. The unit was supposed to accommodate 6 people, there were 5 of us, and 1 of the problems was that 1 unit was set up for 4 people, and the other unit set up for 2 people. So we needed to move dishes and a chair to the larger unit. The dining room table was made for 4, so we were pretty squished. There's no way 6 adults could've eaten at that table. The living room had a chair and a 3 seater sofa, so not enough room for the 5 of us to sit together. The unit was comfortable but could use significant updating, it just looked old and dated. Our unit did not look anything like the photos! All 3 televisions in the unit were old 24" tube tv's. But it was quiet, and the beds were comfy.

The resort: The resort is pretty big and spaced out and very "hilly", it would've been nice to not have a 10 minute uphill walk just to get to the main lodge and where all the activities were. We used the indoor pool a few times, it's small and goes from 3 feet to 5 feet deep. The outdoor pool looked really nice, but it's closed 6 months out of the year. Would be nice if they made the indoor pool bigger, deeper, maybe added a diving board or slide. We didn't go to the activity centre at all, I looked at the schedule and didn't see anything that interested us, and found a lot of the options over-priced. No free wifi! They charge $40 to get wifi for a week and you can only have 1 device connected to it at a time!

The service: I had good and bad experiences with staff. Good: whenever we needed anything, like extra pillows/blankets, or fix a clogged toilet, or new coffee maker- they were there right away, like shockingly fast! Almost all the staff that I saw while I walked around the grounds, always made eye contact and said hello. Bad: everytime I tried to reach the concierge by phone, there was no answer. 2 bad experiences to share... #1 I had a question about a show, and no one had heard of it (apparently it was new). When we arrived we saw guests using 1 of the computers at the concierge desk, so I went and asked the concierge if I could use 1 (of the 4) computer, she said no. I asked if there was a computer guests could use, she said no. I asked if she could do an internet search for me, she said no, and that their was no internet access on her computer. I went to the registration desk to see the man who had told me on the phone that I could come up and use the computer, and a manager came out. He walked me over to the computer and let me use it, while the lady sat there glaring at me. #2 We went to the breakfast buffet ($5, good deal). They use all styrofoam dishes and plastic cutlery. When I went up for my 2nd plate, I took my plate with me as I didn't want to waste another plate, well the lady who worked there, snatched it out of my hand, and then said we had to take a new plate every time, then snapped at my son as he was about to do the same. When we left, I forgot my purse. We were in the car about to back out of the parking lot, when she ran over to our car looking angry and shouting "Are you my Canadians?" She pointed her finger at me and ordered me out of the car! No joke, we were scared! I just kinda froze and then she tells me I forgot my bag inside, and that she doesn't touch people's stuff. I'm grateful that she came out to find us, but there was no need for her to be so rude about it!

Branson was lots of fun, and there's lots to do there. I would definitely recommend it as a vacation spot.

Room Tip: Ask to be closer to the main lodge if you want easy access to the resort amenities.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We're glad that you definitely recommend Branson as a vacation spot. We thank you for your thoughts and suggestions, as we are always looking for ways to improve. Our apologies that there was a misunderstanding when our staff member was reminding you of your bag. We hope to have another chance at providing you with a wonderful vacation!
Novato, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Our room was very pleasant- large and well appointed. In general the facility is attractive, but not special. The location is good- short drive to most Branson attractions. We would be happy to stay there again; especially if travelling with kids.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking a moment to review Westgate Branson Woods Resort. As you found, we have an ideal location-beautiful and yet close to the Branson strip. We're pleased to know that you found your room large and well appointed. It would be our pleasure to have you visit with us again!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

This was out first time at this resort and we had a one bedroom with a full kitchen, separate dining area, full living room with a king pull out couch and laundry facility right in the room. I loved it!!! I was able to cook instead if eating out everyday and this is the way to go when you're on a budget. Spring break here was very quiet and relaxing and we were able to go see all the shows we came to see excuse we didn't have to worry about eating out or laundry, it was done all in the room. I would recommend staying here anytime!!

• Stayed March 2013
WestgateGuestRels, General Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for such a positive comment. We are so pleased that you had a nice stay and we try to make our units as convenient as possible for the home away from home feel.
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

This place is completely awesome! We stayed 2 nights in room 1605A, which is located on the top floor of the main lodge. It is one of the "Grand Villas" so I assumed it would be in a separate building, i.e., condo/cabin-type place. It was everything the pics described and more! Everything was modern/updated and clean. It was nicely furnished with leather sofa/loveseat, very comfortable king bed, huge jetted jacuzzi tub, nice stand-up shower, and a beautiful kitchen with pots, pans, utensils, plates, cups, etc.

Room Tip: If you have the option of staying in a room within the main lodge, do it. I haven't seen any of...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
It’s always great to know when you stay with Westgate Branson Woods we will be there for your needs. We appreciate feedback from our guests! We are happy to know you had such an enjoyable experience, and found your room to meet and exceed your expectations. We are thrilled you will be staying with us again!