“Nice getaway spot close to home”

Westgate Branson Woods Resort
Ranked #42 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were looking for a weekend away from it all. I enjoyed the condo's spaciousness and the separate living areas as I was traveling with grandchildren and it gave every one space. We enjoyed the sit down meals around the family dinner table and fully equipped kitchen. The location was great as my main activity was shopping!
The down side was there was never enough hot water. I would start with a warm shower and end in a cold shower. There was a couple nearby that argued loudly the first night we were there and every sound comes through the walls.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, General Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

We appreciate your feedback. We apologize for the cool shower and loud guests. We would love the opportunity for you to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

The resort grounds and amenities are nice and the cabins/villas are probably very nice and bring the overall rating up but the "traditional" rooms are just old, out dated motel rooms comparable to an old Super 8. They were clean but very outdated. The beds each had a very thin fitted sheet and very thin flat sheet and bedspread. Most hotels I've stayed at have some kind of mattress pad or multiple layers so it's not just a very thin sheet separating you from god knows what could be on the mattress...ick. You could see through the sheets and see the print on the mattress. I also don't use hotel bedspreads, they get thrown off the bed and tossed in the corner during our stay because they aren't always washed between guests. Unfortunately there were no other blankets on the bed but luckily we had brought our own. There is WiFi but it's not free and there's no free breakfast, not even a stinkin' bagel or donut. I wasn't impressed at all and because of it I will never use the Name Your Own Price deal again. The location wasn't too bad, it's off the main strip which during busy season could be a good thing but it's kind of an odd location and I thought GPS had mislead us at first. The grounds do have a lot of neat activities, due to the time we went it was too cold to use anything but I imagine it being a very fun place during warmer months.

Room Tip: Do not pick the cheaper "traditional" rooms unless you're wanting Super 8 quality, pic...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ck8956
WestgateGuestRels, General Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

We apologize that your stay wasn't as pleasant as it could have been. We do use plain white sheets for easier washing. There should have been blankets in the drawer under the TV as we do not keep them on the beds. Thank you for your response.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife, two toddlers, and I stayed in a motel type room for one night. The room was average, but kind of dated. Beware of the guy when you check in that gives you your "welcome package". He wants to sell you a timeshare. Or at least get you to come to breakfast, so you can be harassed for a while. If you have the free time though, go ahead and have a little fun with him and act interested then back out. He may offer you cash to go to breakfast. So, if you need a cheap room for a night and don't mind being hassled a little bit when you check in, this isn't a bad place to stay. Also, note that check out is at 10am, which is pushing it when you have small children to get up and ready.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jimandkrystal
WestgateGuestRels, General Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

We apologize that you did not enjoy your check in. We do like to offer a visit with our Sales team while guests stay with us so they know the options available for them as a timeshare Owner.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I rented a 2 bedroom Grand Villa condo. I was initially surprised that it was actually 2 separate units with a connecting door but both units were very nice. They both seemed brand new and it was actually a bonus to have two units as it gave all 7 of us lots of room to spread out with two separate living areas- one for kids and one for adults :). We really enjoyed our stay here and would love to go back next year. We appreciated the location, the security, the fully stocked kitchen, the washer and dryer and were not asked to attend any timeshare presentations. We were very happily surprised by how nice the resort was considering the very reasonable price we paid. We had a wonderful time here and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I would recommend a Grand Villa condo for anyone wanting space and the comforts of home.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SARMissouri
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for your comments. Most of our units offer a separating door so rooms can be rented many ways to allow for family get togethers and private sleeping quarters. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Got a $50 / night rate via Priceline to a motel type room here. It was clean, had microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker. Television was a bit dated but reception was good. Much as many of the units were timeshares, there was no hardsell. We were offered to attend a 2 hour breakfast with entertainment and would be given tickets to a show of our choosing. We simply declined and the salesman gave us his phone number in case we changed our minds. There was both indoor and outdoor pools, a fitness area, a pizza place on site, and activities ( crafts) offered. Negatives? Shower head would be too low for most men and the fitness room could use an update. All in all, it was a good place for the cost. We would stay there again. BTW it was end of the season so sparsely populated.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

We appreciate your feedback. Depending on the time in which you stayed, it would be less populated and we would be doing our fall/winter activities. We will look into the negatives you mentioned.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We own here, we learned to say NO years ago! We did one "owners update tour" and it turned into what I call their "power selling" 3 hour tour. We now refuse all of it and unplug our phone and don't provide a cell number to be bugged. They leave us alone and if we need something, we call and ask and it is usually taken care of quickly. Our unit is deeded with the original company and they want us to updrade, not going to happen. We have owner priveledges for all the extras because "we own at another WG location." Our deeded Woods unit is very outdated however last summer they updraded us to the main building to add their travel insurance option which they now push, regardless it was a good deal for us and I was for the first time impressed with the reservation staff in FL that I called to set it up. They were booked up and she managed to work us in with the tight travel window we had and even called me back the next day once she was able to work her magic. It was very nice!

Our unit needs a remodel, new carpet, beds, couches etc to bring it up to the typical WG luxurious look. The AC in the units are very poor in summer. Our building is seen in the pictures with the pond and fountain. I love the proximity to the pool for kids. We have stayed in the basement dungeon of a cabin in the past and the walk up the hill with no sidewalk, kids and a cooler was very rough. They need more pools and I am still waiting for the huge water park they were boasting about back in 2006. They even had a huge sign up saying "future water park" across from our unit. Now its gone and I make a point each year to ask loudly at check in where it is, sometimes I get "no comment," others blame it on the economy. The lie was they were going to run a lazy river from the water park to the main pool. The water park is open land now with storage containers and trailer parking.

The cabin we stayed in in 2011 had a rickety deck, old green carpeting that was loose with a wave in the middle of the floor and we had a bad ant problem. It took two calls over two days to get it treated. The first treatment apparantly didn't take but the second did. They were quick to respond to our call!

The main pool needs new patio chairs, tables and canopy, they have been in poor condition for the past two summers. We were there in Aug and each day we were at the pool, they ran out of pool towels and didn't seem to be in a hurry to replace them. Bring back the pool party from years ago, the one with the dj at the pool, now it is just hot dogs and no real party activities. One similar to WG Town Center would rock, they even offer free beer during the party!

I could go on and on with the good and bad, but we truely enjoy our yearly vacation to the Woods. We have had great customer service and poor customer service. I just hate to be lied to and feel there were lots of people lied to about the water park which made many purhcase just for that. Now we got our unit from my Grandparents and we didn't buy into the lie, I must admit we were looking forward to the water park as in 2006 the kids were babies, now they are getting older and the way it looks, probably won't ever enjoy the water park because it isn't there. The water park at WG Town Center was also a lie and is a stupid blow up slide that you have to pay for even as owners.

I am also sick of them using sheets to cover the comforters, this is done at Town Center also. I would like to think for the annual maintenance and tax we pay, they could upgrade the units and provide a better service for me as an owner and perhaps an appology to us and all the others who have been lied to about the water park that isn't coming, or if it is, a construction timetable. Still looking for when the WG restaurant is going in, that has also been coming for years and now I hear nothing of it.

We too have had the noise issues but that is sometimes just that, noisy people who may not realize how loud they are being or the fact they walk like big foot. I cannot blame WG for loud people, we just deal with it.

Room Tip: If you have kids, don't stay down the hill at any of the units, even the big fancy new ones beca...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank VikingFanFamily

We do offer an Owner update at check in with your personal concierge to keep you informed of things happening within the resort. Some Owners don't like it while others love it, so we offer it to all Owners to make sure we don't miss anyone who may have wanted the info. We also have a variety of units on our property and each one meets the different needs of different Owners. We are working on a variety of remodeling this year and appreciate your suggestions for upgrades.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was sort of scared to even check in after reading the reviews online after I had booked my reservation. I thought I had made a big mistake, but I was pleasantly surprised. The room wasn't exactly modern but for the price I landed the hotel for I couldn't really say much. It was comfortable. It was quiet. It was clean. The pizza thing they have had pretty good food and they delivered on-site for free which was good because I was alone and unfamiliar with the city and didn't plan on leaving my room any more than I had to. It could use some updates but it's gated and I felt very secure. I loved the location. It wasn't right in the middle of the strip where traffic was a nightmare, it's kind of off to itself which was very nice. I had a great time. No complaints here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your feedback.We are very glad your stay was satisfactory and that you enjoyed your overall stay. We look forward to seeing you in the future.