“Branson Vacation”

Westgate Branson Woods Resort
Ranked #36 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I booked this on Priceline and at first was VERY upset that this was what was presented as a three star hotel. I read many reviews and honestly, was a little concerned.

Check in was what many here describe, we arrived at 5:00pm, knowing that check in was at 4:00 hoping not to have any problems. They told us that we would have to wait 45 mins. We had driven 9 hrs, were tired and didn't want to go anywhere else in Branson at the moment so we just stayed around the resort. At 6:15 I went back in and was told again that our room was not ready. I work in customer service so I try to treat people serving me with respect and give the benefit of the doubt, but this was just outright unaccaptable!! I asked the clerk if she knew this was the number one complaint on reviews, she acknowledged that she did know and they were working on it, I then asked why, when check out was at 10:00am, there were no rooms avail at 6:15pm???? The longer I thought about it, the more irritated I became, I asked her if I was being treated this way because my purchase was through Priceline and that I was not a timeshare owner (keep in mind everyone who was checking in around me was being assigned rooms/villas etc), she looked at me, rolled her eyes and said, "let me check something out". She went behind the closed door, probably told the manager a nut job was out front and could they please just assign a room to get rid of her!!! However she came back and said that there were still no rooms avail. I then asked for the manager myself, she went behind the closed door again and after about 5 mins she and a very nice manager came out and assigned me a room. After that, I was afraid we would be put into a broom closet, but from there everything was a very good experience. Yes, it's a bit dated, but for $41 a night I was very happy. The room was very comfortable, housekeeping came in every day and brought fresh towels, halfway through our week our linens were changed. I didn't expect any more than that because I don't change my sheets every day at my own house! I even spoke with our housekeeper one morning and thanked her for the wonderful service. The grounds were absolutely beautiful, the gated entry very comforting and other than check in, the experience was a plus. In fact, we plan to come back to this very same place if we come back next year.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad that the ending result of your experience was satisfactory and we certainly apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced including the difficult check in process. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,791)

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have stayed at numerous Westgate resorts before so i had higher expectations for this one. First off, it is far away from everything. There are no food services on sight and the closest restaurants are several miles away. It is not easy to find as the way is not well marked as being to the Westgate resort. the rooms are somewhat dated but spacious. Lake views are nice and the staff was nice. There is no daily room service as this is a timeshare property. If you want to be isolated on the lake for family time this could be a good choice. If you want to be close to things, i would recommend something else.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to read that this time around we did not fully meet your expectations.We are glad that you enjoyed the lake view, and hope that you would give us a second chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

if you expect to get first class service here forget it, my wife and I went to branson for our 10 year anniversary and booked a 1 bedroom villa so we thought, it was nothing but a condo where you had to clean your own room and make your own bed, we were told at check in that we were geting a villa with a view of the waterfall we got a view of the elevator, we had only one pack for making coffee and when i ask the manager why we didn't have more he told me because guess take the unused coffee packs with them when they leave. as others have said no wifi, no free breakfest, no room service, we thought we were getting a real fireplace and it turned out to be an electric fireplace with a mirrow, when i tryed to talk to the corp. office about all this i was told they dont take calls you have to talk to those in charge at the resort whom i already did and they didnt care about what i had to say, if you go to branson book at a hotel where they treat you as 5 star no at westgate where they treat you as a nobody.oh by the way there was cob webs hanging from the lights, towels had frayed edges

1  Thank kateflknr

Thank you for your feedback.We certainly apologize for your negative experience while staying at our resort, we will communicate it with management so that these don't happen in the future. Again we are really sorry for all of the inconveniences you experienced.

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Thought I was getting a 3 star hotel room through Priceline. I did get a great price but at most this is a two star motel room. Very basic. Old style air conditioner that works in starts and spurts. I could have gotten a motel room at this price with breakfast included.

• Stayed: November 2012
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize about any inconvenience you experienced, we are always looking to improve and your feedback is of great help. We hope you would give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Our reservation was booked through a travel agency and was not listed in the AAA Tour Book for 2012 as it was in 2011. The security gate was reassuring but the facility as a whole was very "tired" and needs updating badly. There was WiFi, if you wanted to pay $10 a day to use it, which was very disappointing, and there was good breakfast in an adjacent building, but very crowded quarters, and there was a charge for that also. The clubhouse had activities every day. which would be good if you are traveling with children. There are many hotels and motels in Branson for the same price, and our next trip we will definitely look for one that is more up to date and has complimentary WiFi and breakfast.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had to call and cancel our reservation with over 48 hours notice due to a critically ill family member. This establishment refused to refund my money due to the fact they require a 72 hour cancellation notice. Sorry but you just can't predict an illness. Life happens and sometimes you have to cancel plans. We've stayed here several times in the past and have been happy but we will NEVER stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize about any inconveniences you experienced, however the standard cancellation policy is 72 hours or more to receive full refund. We hope you would give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

i booked my rooms on priceline and i traveled with family. I was very satisfied with the nice clean rooms and staff was great. location was good for our trip to silver dollar city. the value of this property was very high for the price!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Thank You very much for your feedback. We are very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you got the most out of it. It was a pleasure having you with us and look forward to seeing you in the future.