“One of the best Westgate Resorts”

Westgate Branson Woods Resort
Ranked #42 of 139 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife and I were very pleased with our stay at this resort. The one bedroom deluxe was well maintained and roomy. We enjoyed the activities and food the community and nearby town offered. We will recommend this resort to others and would like to return someday.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joe S
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you so much for your review of Westgate Branson Woods. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, it was definitely a pleasure to have you with us. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority and we are very pleased we were able to exceed your expectations. We thank you for choosing Westgate Branson Woods and we are very glad you would like to return again some day. We look forward to exceeding your expectations in the future.

There are newer reviews for Westgate Branson Woods Resort

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This resort was very nice and is located in an area that makes it easy to go to all the activities in downtown Branson or just relax at the resort in peace and quiet. There are activities for kids and adults, although we didn't perticipate in any. We checked on them, because we will return in March with my grandkids.

Room Tip: We did not use room service or the spa. We were on the 6th floor and the view was amazing from the b...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank msjackied2
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased to read that you had a great stay and that you liked the resort and its location. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed in one of the villa's. There was a long line for check in but went fairly quickly, friendly staff. Hotel lobby was clean. When we got to our villa, we opened the door and were shocked at the smell of pet. The smell had been in there for a long time. IT WAS HORRIBLE. The carpet turned my socks black, not a clean room. Our room was also extremely dated, old carpet, ancient TV, everything was outdated. The shower did not stay hot for my husband's shower, when I took my shower it stayed warm.

When we were ready to retire for the night, I pulled the covers down and the bed sheets were not too clean. There were black specs, (not quite sure what they were), on the sheets, sheets were way too big for the bed, and there was a sharp item that cut my arm when I was taking the pillows off to use my own pillow. We will never stay in the villas again.

We had stayed at the resort earlier in the summer, but we rented a cabin which was lovely. We will stay at the resort again, but try the main hotel or the cabins. Proceed with caution for renting a villa, located in Building 2

Room Tip: No room service was needed, it was quiet, not a lot of loud people or traffic. Good location
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Julie O
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to read that your stay was not satisfactory.The noted issues will be forwarded to the proper management including housekeeping. We hope you give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

This was a family reunion, of sorts, with my sister planning the trip and booking all of the rooms. Because of that, I bothered to do no research. That was a mistake on my part. I'm sure that many of my findings were stated somewhere on Westgate's (or TripAdvisor's) website, but I didn't bother to look.

Here are some things that might be helpful for guests. The activities cost. I was under the assumption that the tie-dyeing tee-shirts and making bird houses were included in the cost. Bring laundry detergent. My room only had one small packet and that's not enough when you have several people in a room staying a week. Bring your own dish-washing detergent. Yep, there was only enough in our room for one load and our pots/pans were not non-stick. There's no free WiFi. I was extremely disappointed to learn internet service was $10 a day AND that only one person could be on one device in the room at the same time. There's no recycling....at least none that I saw. Who doesn't recycle in this day and age?!

Given all these things I wish I would have known ahead of time, I was extremely impressed with the place. The fact that there is a washer/dryer in the room was awesome! It was extremely clean and well-kept. I thought the location was good, too. My family is planning on going back next year and that says volumes about this place because lots of my family members are extremely picky. I look forward to returning next year--I'll just bring a few things from home and leave the laptop there, too.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank citygalSTL
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are our pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay and the units were to your satisfaction, we try our best to fulfill all of our guests expectations to the best of our ability. We truly apologize for the inconveniences you faced while staying at our resort we will look into the noted disappointments for your future stay. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We are timeshare owners with westgate in gaitlinburg. The one in gaitlinburg is much nicer with more amenities and an indoor waterpark but our stay here was nice.the rooms were nice and there were lots of activities for our son to do. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Ashley41903
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that your stay was overall satisfactory, it was a pleasure having you with us.We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

rented a 1bedroom deluxe villa. staff was friendly ,check in was easy. during check in they tried to talk to us about doing a time share tour, about 5 minutes worth of telling him no, we were on our way. the villa appeared clean n neat as we walked in. It was very roomy! As the time passed we did notice the place was in desperate need of spring cleaning! dust, dust and lots of dust! and in dont mean thin layers of dust i mean months of dust build up on curtains,blinds and ceiling. the biggest issue i had was the hot water runs out really fast! i dont take long showers maybe 10min. at the longest, and i ran out of hot water. tried to fill bathtub 2nd night there and that was a joke! also like many places they still have dinosaur tvs. and you have to pay a ridiculous amount for wifi. On a good note the bed was very comfortable and so were the couches. all appliances worked, place smelt good. other than the dust and the lousy hot water the stay was pretty good. they have pizza delivery on site and i really liked the pizza. a large was about $11. and delivery was fast!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank rjguess

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that your overall stay was satisfactory and that you enjoyed the onsite pizza. We apologize for any inconveniences you encountered while staying with us, we will be sure to notify management as well as housekeeping. We hope that you would give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Spent some time over the weekend at Westgate Branson Woods, took the kids to SDC and spent the rest of the time in the pools. Kids actually, would rather stay at the resort than go to the park next time. The morning breakfast is hot and complete and the staff is very friendly and anxious to assist.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MichaelW122

Thank you for your feedback. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities, it was a pleasure having you and your family with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future.