“Our worst dinner at any Golden Corral”
Review of Golden Corral

Golden Corral
Ranked #60 of 389 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Takeout
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The line was really long to get a table. This is nothing new for Branson but wasn't expecting to wait in a line that extended all the way outside. They advertised a prime rib and shrimp special. The line was SO long for the prime rib. I waited in it just to get up to it and they ran out. Gave up and never did get any. By the time I had a plate of something to eat my family was half finished with their supper. To top it off someone threw up a few tables away from where we were sitting. Yuck! I have always had a fun time eating at Golden Corral restaurants (been eating at them for at least 20 years) but will not be going back to this one!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

It was our first time at a Golden Corral. We generally don't like cheap buffets but this time we were pleasantly surprised. We were there on a Friday and the selections were many and varied. They were very busy and the food was fresh. Wait staff was very attentive. We returned on a weekday – they were less busy (its off season for Branson) and some of the food had been sitting out a little too long. I was looking forward to having the corn pudding again but it was dried out and not appealing at all. Still it's not bad for the price but it's definitely better when they are busy and the food isn't sitting.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We came for lunch around 11:15. Everything I tried was not hot it was on the cool side of warm. but I tries lots of different things to see and nothing tasted good at all. I just ended up eating a roll it was decent. The salad was about the only decent thing and the strawberries and fudge were good on the desert side. The waitresses were nice and checked on us alot almost to the point of annoying, but still polite. I only gave it a two instead of a one b/c of the waitress and deserts. Do not recommend eating lunch there. I was disappointed.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is still a chain buffet and the food was okay. My first hot plate of food was not very hot which surprised me. I like hot food. Some of it tasted rather bland also. My tilapia on my second trip was not hot either. There is a great variety and the price is definitely right. I believe it is a favorite of the locals as it was filling up quickly after 4:00. They do have a fantastic bunch of desserts-even cotton candy for the kids or the adults!!
Ask for Tammy Sunshine when you go in. She is a dear and so happy and friendly. She even gave me a hug when we left. She made my day!!! Always nice to have a sweet caring server.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I went to the Corral last night for dinner, we hadn't been there in over a year as soon as we walked in we could see big changes. To start with they installed a self serve drink station, ok no big deal, but then wow the price had went up about $5.00 and that was with our local discount. The only good thing they still served was the steak which I was glad hadn't changed because it is really good, tender and flavorful and the bourbon chicken has always been good. They had no shrimp which was supposed to be on the buffet, the talipia fish was very bland, the macaroni salad had no seasonings and sauce at all, very bland as well. Oh and the honey sesame chicken had a really good flavor but it was so crunchy and hard to eat. And last dessert was so horrible, we tried a piece of the peach cobbler........i think they forgot tot put in sugar, and the cakes were so dry, if you didn't get ice cream to make them moist
you couldn't eat it. And on the other end the apple pie was so sweet it could have put you in a diabetic coma it has so much sugar on it. To say the least we won't be going back for a long while and this was one of our favorite places, not anymore.

1  Thank sherri p