“So much fun!”

Ranked #34 of 422 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Takeout
Description: Home of Branson's original singing servers. A 50s themed diner offering music from the decades of the 50s and 60s and on up to today. A variety of singing styles, pop, rock, showtunes, opera, gospel, country, etc. Food offerings include burgers, sandwiches, great salads, blue plate specials and save room for some of the best and biggest desserts to be found.
Reviewed July 24, 2018

We had a party of 18 and they were more than able to take care of our large party with a minimal wait. The singing wait staff were very entertaining and worth the trip. The milkshakes were fabulous. My shrimp basket was room temp when it came out as were several of the burgers but when you have a large party that is to be expected. There was a mix up with our order so several had to wait for them to remake their dishes but the entertainment was worth waiting for the other meals. They have a cute little gift shop on the way out!

Date of visit: July 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (3,793)

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

We stopped for dinner at this diner. We had heard about the singing at this place so we thought we would check it out. The singing was good. However, for me the biggest nicest surprise was the food. I expected a good burger. I did not expect a REALLY EXCEPTIONALLY GREAT BURGER! Best burger of the trip so far!

Reviewed July 24, 2018

The food was above average but the theme brings it up to my 4 star rating. Definitely worth checking out. The staff sings and its definitely entertaining. Decent shopping around. Not sorry I went but not sure if id return if not requested by someone else.

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

We visited Mel’s due to recommendations from others. The food was very good. The waiters and waitresses sing while you are eating. It was very enjoyable. Will definitely go back on our next visit to Branson

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

We ate here based on a friend’s recommendation. We were seated in the back corner next to a party of about 20 people. They were there for the softball World Series. About 10 of their party were young children and the adults pretty much left the kids unsupervised at a table of their own. It was so loud and so stressful that we didn’t enjoy the experience at all. The waiters sing using microphones while walking around and they were good, but it was extremely loud....add that to the unsupervised kids next to us and it (the noise level) was unreal. My little girl and I actually left and sat outside while my husband finished up.

The food was average...lots of grease.

I can’t imagine returning.

Date of visit: July 2018

Been to Mel's Hard Luck Diner? Share your experiences!