“Food just ok but music is tops”

Mel's Hard Luck Diner
Ranked #19 of 389 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Takeout
Description: Home of Branson's original singing servers. A 50s themed diner offering music from the decades of the 50s and 60s and on up to today. A variety of singing styles, pop, rock, showtunes, opera, gospel, country, etc. Food offerings include burgers, sandwiches, great salads, blue plate specials and save room for some of the best and biggest desserts to be found.
Reviewed September 15, 2013

You won't go to Mel's for the food but for the singing. Don't get me wrong, the food is ok...diner style and does taste good. Milkshakes are out of this world, as are the desserts. However the real value here is the wait staff and kitchen help who entertain while you dine. We have been to Mel's 3 times over the past 6 years and never heard a singer who was not top notch. All of them are excellent and we usually purchase at least one CD before leaving. Today (9/15/13) we were there for lunch and within about 45 minutes, heard 6 performances (our waiter, another waiter and a trio of waiters). All were outstanding. Don't mess Mel's while in Branson.

1  Thank Bryan W
Write a ReviewReviews (3,089)

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed it despite the reviews I saw. The food was great. My husband had the club sandwich and I had the Reuben. We both had their fries. Karen was our server but all the singer's we heard were actually good! Definitely would eat here again. One of our favorite places to eat in Branson now!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I love going to Mel's every time I'm in Branson. The wait staff sings to you and they are very good. The 50's theme is special to me and the food is so good!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

great for burgers and sandwhichs. went for late lunch and was on the slow side for traffic, so performers were playing to mostly empty crowd. but a fun place when shopping in the area.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

If you are in Branson make sure and visit Mel's Hard Luck Dinner. We really enjoyed the place. The waitress are so talented and friendly. Anyone of them could have easily been singing in any of the shows. Our food was excellent and the ambience great. If you in Branson, do yourself a favor and eat at Mel's.