“We love Mel's Hard Luck Diner!”

Mel's Hard Luck Diner
Ranked #18 of 389 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Takeout
Description: Home of Branson's original singing servers. A 50s themed diner offering music from the decades of the 50s and 60s and on up to today. A variety of singing styles, pop, rock, showtunes, opera, gospel, country, etc. Food offerings include burgers, sandwiches, great salads, blue plate specials and save room for some of the best and biggest desserts to be found.
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We love to dine at Mel's as often as possible. From the diner setting to the singing servers, we never walk away disappointed. We enjoy the wide variety of meal options on the menu, though we usually just enjoy the daily special and have never had a bad meal. The ice cream desserts are incredible and so are the staff. We love the wide variety of music, especially Gospel and a trip to Mel's for my wife and I is the answer when we need to unwind and socialize awhile.

I tell people all the time, It's not a trip to Branson until you've been to Mel's Hard Luck Diner.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

This lunch was so much fun. The burger and fries were good (not fantastic), the chocolate malt excellent, but the best part was the singing waiters and waitresses. We will return!!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We came here based on it's review on Trip Advisor. One of the few times we have been led wrong. The decor is like a 50's diner, soda fountain and all. About every 10-15 minutes one or two of the waiters sings a song w. mic whils working. That part was good. My wife ordered the chicken corn chowder. She rated it a 2 of 10. My burger was about a 4 of 10. The fries were greasy. Definitely would not retuen.

kritertracks, Owner at Mel's Hard Luck Diner, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

I sincerely appreciate all the feedback we get about folks experience at our diner. However, it is very disappointing when folks have a disappointing experience and do not let us as owner and managers know while they are in the restaurant. We deserve an opportunity to correct the situation right then and there. As you can see by the vast majority of the ratings on TripAdvisor folks usually have a good time and enjoy the food. I believe in the value of these ratings services, I use them myself, BUT I NEVER give a bad rating without first giving the place a chance to resolve the issue. There are jobs involved, families affected. When business is lost because ratings are (in my opinion) unfairly diminished, I am not about to give a low rating until I have tried to resolve the issue with the owner or manager. We are all human, we will make mistakes but we try our best not to do so and when we do, we try to correct them, right then.I sincerely apologize for your disappointing experience, I only wish you had talked with one of us while there. Mel

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Service was great and just a fun place to eat. We ate there three times during our visit just for the fun of it.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Great place to take your family! I've lived in Branson 25+ years and just went there for the first time this year. We went there for lunch and it was really good!

1  Thank Ashlee F

Been to Mel's Hard Luck Diner? Share your experiences!