“EXCELLENT”

Ranked #20 of 376 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Takeout
Description: Home of Branson's original singing servers. A 50s themed diner offering music from the decades of the 50s and 60s and on up to today. A variety of singing styles, pop, rock, showtunes, opera, gospel, country, etc. Food offerings include burgers, sandwiches, great salads, blue plate specials and save room for some of the best and biggest desserts to be found.
Warrenton, Missouri
“EXCELLENT”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I would recommend this to anyone! The service was EXCELLENT!!! The food was decent, a little pricey but the waitresses sing for you, so it was like a dinner and a "show"

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Nicole R

Adair, Iowa, United States
“Disappointing.”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

When you have access to Blue Bell ice cream and you use Blue Bunny....That just ain't right folks. I am from Iowa and wont use or eat Blue Bunny. The owner was a jerk acting like he knew everything when talking about this. The root beer malt was nothing more than blue bunny vanilla and dads crap root beer out of the fountain machine. I think when you brag up how GREAT your SPECIAL root beer malt is. You better have something great in it. Not here. I can make the same thing at home with the same ingredients. And the atmosphere is not worth paying extra for it. Here we have this big soda fountain and I go up to watch them use it... it is there for SHOW and nothing else.
this is not saying nothing bad about the entertainers singing in here trying to make a living. We went in for the food experience and it does not live up to it in my opinion.

kritertracks, Owner at Mel's Hard Luck Diner, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
I am Mel, owner of Mel's Hard Luck Diner. Not sure who you talked with but I do not recall any recent conversations about ice cream. Blue Bell doe not have a plant anywhere near us from what I am told and Blue Bunny does and can reach us much faster from their plant. We use a premium version of their ice cream (what we use to call the ice cream parlour version). I am a big fan of our Root Beer Malt and test it frequently. It is made with root beer syrup and the fountain root beer is used only as an extra bit of flavor. I encourage everyone to check out the other great reviews of our place. Our food almost always gets high reviews and our singing servers are professional singers. We can't please everyone, no one can but we sure try. I enjoy hearing the feedback and appreciate having the opportunity to reply.
Kenyon, Minnesota
“Fun place to Eat”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The Hard Luck Diner is such a fun place to eat, you are also entertained as you eat. All the servers sing and serve. They seem to just work in the singing while tending to their customers. They are all so good. The food is also really good. Just be ware. My only complaint is that my husband and I both ate our whole hamburger, which we should have shared!! The portions are very large and soooo good. We were both way too full. But, no ones fault but our own. Besides being large portions, the prices are very good. In the busy season, be prepared to wait in line. It's no secret how good this place is.

Visited March 2013
“Family friendly entertainment and great food!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

The food was great - 50s style burgers, chicken fried steak, good kids menu. But the real fun here is the singing wait staff! They are amazing entertainers! You will really enjoy your experience here and the shopping in the center around it is wonderful too!

Kansas
“Awesome music, service & food!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We vacation in Branson all the time but have never tried Mel's Hard Luck Diner until today. We will be back!! The singing and the service was great! I loved seeing the kids turn red when they we being sung to. The food was also great! The two girls (12 & 14) split a burger and fries and had plenty. I found the price pretty reasonable we paid just under $40.00 for our family of 5. (We are all water drinkers though I think that helped keep the price lower) Our server Ondria (sp?)was so nice . While she didn't sing while we were eating we did get to catch a little of her singing as we were paying out. She has a beautiful voice to match her personality.