“Love this place! Wish I could open a place just like this and have as much fun!”

Mel's Hard Luck Diner
Ranked #20 of 376 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Takeout
Description: Home of Branson's original singing servers. A 50s themed diner offering music from the decades of the 50s and 60s and on up to today. A variety of singing styles, pop, rock, showtunes, opera, gospel, country, etc. Food offerings include burgers, sandwiches, great salads, blue plate specials and save room for some of the best and biggest desserts to be found.
edmond
Reviewed October 30, 2007

Like I said in my heading. Loved this place and all my husband and I kept saying was we wish we could go back home and open up a place like this and have as much fun doing this as these guys and girls do. This place is typical diner food. Lots of it. You wont go away hungry thats for sure. And the wait staff are amazing. Their voices and their talents are A++. They are all excellent. But some of them are really on their A game just like in any situation and they really get into character and make it super fun. I have a 14 yo daughter who of course died of embarrassment when she was sang to by one of the handsome waiters. Which was all to funny. But now that we have left thats all she has talked about. This is a place to go for a little show and meal for well under $10 a person. And the shopping center its in is very nice almost forgot to mention that additional fact. I will definately send my friends and family to this place. And will return to it myself.

1 Thank jsrappe_pub

Sebring, Florida
“the best restaurant we found / hard luck diner”
Reviewed September 17, 2007

HARD LUCK DINER MAY BE THE VERY BEST IN BRANSON MO /
We really enjoyed our meals and the entertainment at the HARD LUCK DINER. Chrisys pot roast beef dinner was great(9.00).(I tasted it too) My spagatti & meatbals was good too.(9.00). MATT KESTER our entertainer/server was really kool. CASEY DODDS and KAREN RICHARDSON also sang their hearts out( FANTASTIC).THIS IS A MUST STOP.( WISH WE COULD POST A VIDEO).

5 Thank BILL L
Juneau, AK
“A 'Don't Miss This" spot in Branson”
Reviewed September 5, 2007

How fun was this! I read such good reviews on this site that we had to try it. It was great fun! The food was good and plentiful and of course the waitresses were incredible! There were only 2 servers when we were there but what fun music they provided! They kept the place hopping! I wish we stayed in town longer so we could go there more times!

3 Thank jenna2345
Texas
“As good as any show in town!”
Reviewed July 10, 2007

Very good food (burgers, salads, etc) and WONDERFUL entertainment. The staff waits tables and takes turns singing solos. This is one of our favorite places in Branson. The talent is great, the food is good, the price is right and must admit the service is a wee bit slow. BUT .... we didn't mind the slow pace, because we were not in any hurry to leave. We wanted to hear the next guy (or gal) sing the next song. It's a MUST when visiting Branson

7 Thank kkc45
love_my_horse
“Great food and entertainment!”
Reviewed June 23, 2007

Me and my grandmother go somewhere every summer and for the past couple summers we have been going to Branson. We pick somewhere fun to eat for one night we're there and just a basic cheap resturant to go to the other night we're there. Last year we picked the Hard Luck Diner as our "fun" resturant and let me tell you that resturant is fun. It has a wonderful atmosphere and I guess you could say "vibe" to it. All of the singers were great and sung songs that just about everyone knows, such as "My Girl". and many of them sung songs that they wrote themselfs. As they sung they would interact with the people there and they were all very friendly. The food was wonderful and the prices were very reasonable. I got speggetti and a chocolate desert there and both were very good. Me and my grandma had an awesome time there and my grandma even bought one of the singers CD's, who was a very talented christian singer. everyone there was talented. I recomend the resturant to anyone and their family's that want to have lots of fun and great food for a great price. on a scale of 1-10 i give it and 11!

4 Thank love_my_horse