“Excellent Food and Excellent Service”

Charlie's Steak, Ribs & Ale
Ranked #71 of 369 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Welcome to Charlies.Come and enjoy our food of bar drinks and listen to Rebecca Dawn after 5pm Tuesday -Saturday.
Mendota, Il
“Excellent Food and Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Four of us ate at Charlie's on a busy Saturday night. We had the combo appetizer and picked the fried pickles, potato skins and spinach & artichoke dip at the waiter's suggestion. All three were excellent. I had a 7 oz steak and my significant other had a 12 oz steak. Both were cooked to perfection. The other couple had fried shrimp and 1/3 pound ribs. Both said they were fantastic. Our waiter, Russ, was very knowledgeable about the menu and offered suggestions upon request. The singer was fantastic and mingled with the customers It was a great experience and we plan to return our next time in Branson

Madison, Mississippi
“Food and Song”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Outstanding experience. Nothing to dislike. Great food and great songs by a knockout singer makes for a great time. We eat here every time we come to Branson and have never been disappointed.

Jefferson City
“Worth a shot - but will not go back!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We really had hopes that this would be a great place to eat and a restaurant in Branson that we could put on our must do list. I REALLY wanted to like this place but the whole experience was not so good. (putting it nicely) I cant say it was horrible. It just wasn't good. We ordered an appetizer and drinks and asked for a few minutes. A couple minutes later we put in the rest of our order and immediately our appetizer was out. 5 minutes tops. Great, right?! Sure, except in less than 5 minutes we got our salads and main courses back to back. So here we sat with a table full of food that basically came out all at once! That is one of my biggest annoyances with a restaurant. Any server should know that people don't want their appetizer, salad and main course all back to back. We felt very rushed and uncomfortable. Too bad the refills on the drinks didn't come as fast. My husband practically had to run the waiter down to get his one and only refill and this was after we had finished our food and were waiting on the ticket which is another thing we had to wait forever for! Its like he fell off the face of the earth after he unloaded all the food on us. So finally the food....... not good. Not the worst I have had but definitely not good. I ordered the philly cheese steak sandwich. It was very disappointing and not what I would call a philly cheese steak sandwich. It had a dry thick brisket meat, very DRY and flavorless, green peppers and onion and some weird queso cheese. It may have had potential to be a good sandwich if it were not dry cold and flavorless but it was not what I would put on the menu as a philly cheese steak! My husband had some kind of smothered steak and it. was. SMOTHERED. Not sure how you could tell how the steak actually tasted but he said overall it was OK. The dinner roll (??) was like a dried out brick. The restaurant was very loud too and their were only two other tables with people eating. Its like everything echoed and was just loud! Strange, strange experience......

Weaubleau, Missouri, United States
“Forsyth location”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Steaks were way over cooked, to the point of dry and to tough to eat and all four were just warm to touch. They offered to to them back but it had already took 30 minutes with 5 other tables occupied and did not want to wait all over again. Won't be eating at any of their locations.

Little Rock, Arkansas
“okay at best...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I really wish 1/2 stars could be given because a 3 is a little too generous. I had a 7 oz sirloin and it was the thinest cut steak I've ever seen, honestly. It was very bland...thank goodness for A1 so it had some flavor. My baked potato was very small, between a golf ball and a tennis ball in size. My husband had a ribeye, of shich he had no complaints. His potato was normal size. The rolls were huge and fresh. Service was acceptable. I would not eat there again. My husband grills better steaks at home.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Charlie's Steak, Ribs & Ale? Share your experiences!