“Would not go back”

Ranked #67 of 383 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Right in the middle of Branson’s famous Highway 76 Strip sits a locally owned steakhouse and microbrewery. Since 1999, Charlie's Steak, Ribs & Ale has been serving up sizzling steaks and other meals made with our family ingredients and seasonings. In 2002, we started a microbrewery in our home, which soon turned into a popular addition to our spacious steakhouse and is the only microbrewery in Taney County! After rebuilding from the 2012 leap year Branson tornado, we came back even stronger than ever. We have daily lunch specials that include everything from Ribs, Country Fried Steak, homemade Meatloaf, Fried Chicken and more! Our dinner specials are also spectacular, featuring our most popular All You Can Eat Ribs & Catfish and range to Ribeye and NY Strip! Come be our guest and join our Charlie’s Branson family!
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Brand new place rebuilt after tornado, but food was just so-so. The ribs were tough, garlic ashed potatoes so salty we could not eat them. Many places in Branson I would rather take my money.

There are newer reviews for Charlie's Steak, Ribs & Ale

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My family stopped by the newly rebuilt Charlie’s over our last visit to Branson. As always, our food was delicious and was quickly served by a smiling waitress. Unlike previous comments about the singer in the restaurant, my kids love the fact that she stops by the table and speaks to them. Gives them something to entertain themselves with while they wait for their meal and it’s something different from other restaurants we frequent. They also love that she gives them the opportunity to sang. The new deck with garage door is a great addition, as we were able to sit right in front of the door and enjoy the evening, without being out in the night air. Our group consisted of over 10 people and while they do not take reservations here, they were easily able to accommodate us quickly. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I stay at Rocklane Resort on Indian Point in Branson Mo. many times during the year. Charlie's Steaks-Ribs & Ale restaurants food was absolutely delicious and the view of the lake is captivating. They have great servers and Russ makes the time spent there very entertaining.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We try to find brewpubs whenever we travel - as we both appreciate small batch, different beers. We went to Charlies in Branson for lunch on a Saturday. First of all we were told they didn't have any beer of their own. It is billed as the "only brewpub" yet have no beer. If they aren't ready to be a brewpub, perhaps they shouldn't advertize as one. We did eat lunch, my husband had the "Special" - Ribs and Fries, which he said was just OK - the ribs were smoked, but not long enough - they were not tender. I had a Grilled Chicken sandwich that was pretty good. I ordered Sweet Potato Fries but was served regular fries. She did bring me Sweet Potato fries after I pointed it out. We probably would return to try their beers.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

First time in Branson and my wife and I wanted a nice steak/BBQ dinner. Other reviews said good things about this place, but it was a disappointment! Staff was okay at best, steaks were alright, but my brisket was terrible. It tasted like it was cooked in the microwave and no where close to a smoked flavor. I guess I'm spoiled by some of the great steak and BBQ places in Iowa. Another let down was that they advertised that they had microbrews and had certain beers on tap, which they were not available. Don't advertise that you offer something in your menu if you don't have it available for customers! Hopefully this place can get better after being open longer after their rebuild but good luck.

Been to Charlie's Steak, Ribs & Ale? Share your experiences!