“Great place, great price!”
Review of Spinning Wheel Inn

Spinning Wheel Inn
Ranked #56 of 140 Hotels in Branson
De Soto, Missouri
“Great place, great price!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights last week, and were very pleased with our stay. The hotel is a great price, very clean, and quiet. The location right off the strip is great. We have stayed here a few times before and will definitely be back again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SpinningWheelInn, Owner at Spinning Wheel Inn, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear kschray, Thanks for staying with us during your recent trip to Branson. We appreciate your business and are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms, affordable rates and location. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit. Thanks for the wonderful review!

Jennifer Moore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Saw some 5 stars and the best value rating on tripadviser.com so booked this motel. I will say it is not worth for 5 stars since I am not completely satisfied. I can not expect too much either and trying to be fair, so I rated it as 3 stars. It is a OK place to sleep for couple of nights. Visited on July, 2013. Staff are VERY nice. Cleaning crew are nice. A lot of towels if you request. Location is great. 76 Country Blvd was a parking lot between 4:30pm - 11:30pm weekend. So this location was very important since it is not on the strip but close enough. We got around by go though the Shepherd of the Hills Express Way to the Sight and Sound Theater. Do not stay on the strip over weekend since it takes forever to get back to hotel after a show. Wi-Fi is great. Parking is right at the front of our door. No pet, No smoking motel so you do not have to smell or hear somebody’s pet. You might have to pass someone smoking to your room though. Room still has a smell when we just walk in. It is a kind of old moldy smell even with AC on low. The carpet feel sticky when walking bare foot. The bed liners are old but clean. The AC is hard to adjust to comfort but you will get it after a night. One bed in our two queen room was not comfortable. Breakfast items are all carbohydrate but you are allowed to take some back to your room. All seats were taken in the dinning area around 8:30am(4-5 small tables only). It is over all OK motel for $50/night. Learned from this trip: rule #1: Stay off the strip. Rule #2: pay less on hotel since we do not spend time in doors. Rule # 3: Try different things each time and have a fun!

Room Tip: Try to book early and pick the best room. We booked 2 days ahead. It might be too late. The motel...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SpinningWheelInn, Owner at Spinning Wheel Inn, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Lily W., Thanks for choosing to stay with us during your most recent trip to Branson. I am sorry that you did not completely enjoy your stay with us. Anytime there is an issue in a room, we would hope that you would report it to the front office so that we can always make your stay the most enjoyable. We offer memory foam that can be added to any bed when requested and if there was a smell in your air conditioner, we could have replaced it with a new one. We are family owned and operated and are available 24 hrs a day to fix any problem :) We hope that you would try us out again in the future and hope that you have a more pleasant stay and think we deserve 5 stars :)

Best wishes!

Collinsville, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The hotel has a good curb appeal. The rooms were clean and well maintained. Despite not having children with us I thought the little park was such a good idea for a place to let kids run and play. I also liked the fact that the hotel was off the busy road but yet close to everything. The pool was well maintained. The breakfast was only average, adding some fruit, boiled eggs and waffles would be good. Overall this hotel is well worth the modest cost to stay. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We were near the pool and it was great and not loud.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Toni D., Thanks for the wonderful review! We value your business and always happy to hear that you enjoyed our affordable rates and clean rooms. Thank you for the curb appeal comment as well :) We hope to see you again on your next trip to Branson. Thanks again and best wishes.

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on July 19, 2013 and I will stay here we had a room with a king bed and it was very comfortable and clean, the breakfast was ok their donuts were good and very soft although their breakfast room is very small there was only like 4 or 5 tables so we just took our breakfast to the our room. The only complain have was the lady in the front desk was not very friendly maybe she was uncomfortable with my race but she was very short with me and when I asked her a question and she made me feel like an idiot and I am usually very respectful to everyone, very friendly, and nice but I will just ignore it and I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Salinas200, Thanks for staying with us during your most recent trip to Branson. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our King Room. We also own the Twelve Oaks Inn and I am sorry again that you did not enjoy your night there. We offer the same amenities and linens at both places so I will address the issues you had with our laundry. Thanks for the great review for our Spinning Wheel Inn. We hope to see you again on your next trip. Best wishes!

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Our stay was great. The Spinning Wheel was clean with a Friendly staff and just a few blocks from the main strip. The swimming pool was well maintained. The rates are very reasonable. I will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013
SpinningWheelInn, Owner at Spinning Wheel Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Dwpro67, Thanks for staying with us during your most recent visit to Branson. We value your business and are happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms, outdoor pool, affordable rates and friendly staff :) We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip. Thanks for the great review!

Best wishes,

Ohio
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I couldn't have picked a better Inn/motel. This was very clean, well managed, great housekeepers and staff. The price was the best value, with a coupon on their website and paying cash I saved a lot. I will stay again if I ever go to Branson. The pool was clean and in a great location. You will not be sorry if you pick the Spinning Wheel for a good nights sleep. It was quiet and the beds were firm just like I like it!!! I didn't bring my own pillow and theirs was fat enough to make me happy. I didn't miss mine at all. I can't say one bad word about this Inn and I don't think you could either.

Sandy from Ohio

Room Tip: I was on the quiet side I guess, away from the pool but even the pool side was quiet. Only heard la...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sandy K
Dear Sandy K., Thanks for the wonderful review! We appreciate your business and are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us :) We also are happy to hear that you enjoyed our beds and pillows! We look forward to seeing you again on our next trip to Branson! Thanks again and best wishes!

Pratt
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We just spent 2 nights at the Spinning Wheel and I would suggest that you book the Twelve Oaks instead. We had previously stayed at their sister property, The Twelve Oaks, and absolutely loved staying there. I can safely say that I was not impressed with the Spinning Wheel.

Beds were very uncomfortable, very low to the ground. Our sheets were threadbare and needed to be replaced. Pillows were very lumpy. My husband is 6'3" and he had problems with the shower. The shower head is placed for shorter people. I am 5'5" and I thought it was too low.

AC didn't cool as well as I thought it should but then it was very hot when we were there. Had it on full blast and it did not "freeze us out".

The room was clean and the swimming pool looked fantastic.

Room Tip: Depending on how you feel, the ice machine on the lower floor was an older model in which you still...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Brittll, Thanks for staying with us during your most recent visit to Branson. We value your business and I am sorry that you did not enjoy our Spinning Wheel Inn as well as you enjoyed the Twelve Oaks Inn. We have very similar rooms, amenities and linens as our sister property. Anytime you may have any issues we would hope that you would address them to our staff so that we can make your stay the most enjoyable. We hope to see you again at either property in the future.

Best wishes,