“My first time to Branson”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Spinning Wheel Inn

Spinning Wheel Inn
Ranked #55 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Ohio
“My first time to Branson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I couldn't have picked a better Inn/motel. This was very clean, well managed, great housekeepers and staff. The price was the best value, with a coupon on their website and paying cash I saved a lot. I will stay again if I ever go to Branson. The pool was clean and in a great location. You will not be sorry if you pick the Spinning Wheel for a good nights sleep. It was quiet and the beds were firm just like I like it!!! I didn't bring my own pillow and theirs was fat enough to make me happy. I didn't miss mine at all. I can't say one bad word about this Inn and I don't think you could either.

Sandy from Ohio

Room Tip: I was on the quiet side I guess, away from the pool but even the pool side was quiet. Only heard la...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sandy K
SpinningWheelInn, Owner at Spinning Wheel Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Sandy K., Thanks for the wonderful review! We appreciate your business and are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us :) We also are happy to hear that you enjoyed our beds and pillows! We look forward to seeing you again on our next trip to Branson! Thanks again and best wishes!

Jennifer Moore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Pratt
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We just spent 2 nights at the Spinning Wheel and I would suggest that you book the Twelve Oaks instead. We had previously stayed at their sister property, The Twelve Oaks, and absolutely loved staying there. I can safely say that I was not impressed with the Spinning Wheel.

Beds were very uncomfortable, very low to the ground. Our sheets were threadbare and needed to be replaced. Pillows were very lumpy. My husband is 6'3" and he had problems with the shower. The shower head is placed for shorter people. I am 5'5" and I thought it was too low.

AC didn't cool as well as I thought it should but then it was very hot when we were there. Had it on full blast and it did not "freeze us out".

The room was clean and the swimming pool looked fantastic.

Room Tip: Depending on how you feel, the ice machine on the lower floor was an older model in which you still...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Brittll, Thanks for staying with us during your most recent visit to Branson. We value your business and I am sorry that you did not enjoy our Spinning Wheel Inn as well as you enjoyed the Twelve Oaks Inn. We have very similar rooms, amenities and linens as our sister property. Anytime you may have any issues we would hope that you would address them to our staff so that we can make your stay the most enjoyable. We hope to see you again at either property in the future.

Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is a perfect place to stay when in Branson. The price is great, the pool is really clean and a comfort from the heat. The rooms are clean and the staff are more than willing to help you with anything. The hotel is on the far west end of town so you can use the red route or yellow route to get where you want to without having to go straight thru town.

Room Tip: We had a King room on bottom floor right by the pool. Would of thought it would be loud but there we...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Brett L., Thanks for staying with us during your most recent visit to Branson. We value your business and are happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, clean rooms, affordable rates and friendly staff :) We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip. Thanks for the wonderful review!

Burleson, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Spinning Wheel is one of Branson's best kept secrets. It is located off the main drag but close enough to be very convenient to all attractions. It is not the fanciest in town but very clean and quiet and the personnel are very friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jerry D., Thanks for staying with us during your most recent visit to Branson. We value your business and are happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms, affordable rates and friendly staff :) We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip. Thanks for the great review!

Eagle Lake, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was as great place to stay! The staff is great - friendly, courteous and accommodating! The owner was gracious. My three boys spent lots of time with him. They talked with him about the trailer load of fireworks he had for the SUPERB fireworks show he provided on the 4th of July. He also visited with them about his RC cars and trucks and didn't seem bothered by the amount of time that they took of his for these visits. They have a private park next to the hotel that the kids enjoyed and also where they play and family movie outside on Saturday night. The pool is very nice and clean as well as they provide pool towels. The rooms were clean and neat and the service provided well exceeded the price making this one of the best values we every experienced. On site laundry is available which we utilized several times!

Room Tip: We found our room to be perfect. Double Queen on the second floor. No issues whatsoever.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cheryl G., Thanks for staying with us during your most recent visit to Branson. We value your business and are happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms, affordable rates and friendly staff :) My husband also enjoyed showing off his RC truck to your kids ;) I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed our movie night in the park. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip. Thanks for the wonderful review!

Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

In prepping for our stay in Branson, the Spinning Wheel Inn was one of the first hotels I looked at. After seeing the price and reading such positive reviews, I knew it's where we'd be staying. We took advantage of the deal here on TripAdvisor and got a double queen room for only $45. At that rate, you should expect a lot less, but not here. A clean pool, free Wifi, a mini fridge in every room, and a breakfast a little better than continental. Donuts, toast, bagels, cereal, biscuits & gravy, and coffee/juice. I don't want to offend the cook, but the gravy was just a little bland. But I ate biscuits & gravy on 3 different mornings, so it's not like they were bad.

We didn't have too many complaints, but I always want to be completely honest in my reviews because I feel it helps the next person. The bathroom was very small, but the sink is outside the bathroom door and has a lot of counter space. The public restroom style soap dispenser mounted to the shower wall was placed in a horrible spot. We constantly banged our arm against it while showering. And the shower spout was plumbed out of the shower wall instead of the drywall above, so it is VERY short. The beds were comfortable but the pillows were extremely soft. We're talking head sinks down to the mattress soft. Not our cup of tea, but you can't please everyone. You may want to bring your own. The room temperature seemed difficult to regulate. Turn the A/C down a tad too far and when we'd return, it'd be warm & humid in there. Turn it up just a little and we'd be cold. Older units I suppose.

The rooms were very quiet. We were on the bottom floor, pool side, about halfway down. Kids playing in the pool were never a noise problem, nor were the people upstairs. Being the style of hotel where all the doors are on the outside of the building, smokers often sat outside their rooms and smoked. We had to walk through their clouds of smoke and piles of ashes to get to the office, ice machine or breakfast room. I guess there's not much that can be done, but as non-smokers who can't stand cigarette smoke, it was a constant nuisance. There are a set of coin-op ($1.50 each) washer/dryers upstairs & downstairs. Didn't use them so don't know how well they work.

The owners of this property also own the Twelve Oaks next door and there's a decent little picnic area between the two properties with two picnic tables, a park style charcoal grill and a small playground. I brought along my small, portable propane grill to cook come of our meals in this picnic area, which worked out great & helped save us money. I asked the staff for permission ahead of time and they said it wasn't a problem as long as we didn't keep the grill in our room (we didn't).

The desk clerks were always friendly and helpful. My biggest complaint was a lack of a microwave. The website states you can rent a microwave for your room for an extra $2/night, which we wanted to do. But when we checked in, the gentleman said they only had 2 extra microwave available and that I should've said something when we reserved our room. We didn't know that was an option and we kind of assumed since they offered them, they'd have enough to go around. He said he'd check over at the Twelve Oaks property, but I don't think he did. We settled with using the breakfast room microwave during breakfast hours and the one in the office. I would highly recommend to the owners of Spinning Wheel to purchase more microwaves. If you're going to offer them, it'd probably be a good idea to have more than two on hand. Our last day in Branson, we decided we wanted to stay an extra night. Luckily they had a couple rooms available and were more than happy to accommodate us, but we did have to move to an upstairs room. That wasn't a problem. We were told we'd have to pack up our things, check out of the original room, then come back at 2pm to check in to the new one. We packed up and left to do some things and they called us around 10:45am to tell us the new room was already ready for us. That was nice!

Yes there were a few hiccups, but nothing too terribly major. Considering the low rates and plenty of amenities, it's hard to beat. Clean, quiet rooms and located about a block from the 76 strip. If we're ever back in Branson, we'd definitely consider staying here again...but buy more microwaves! LOL

Room Tip: No elevator, so you may want the 1st floor. If you want to rent a microwave, ask for it when you mak...
1 Thank tab1075
Dear Tab 1075, Thanks for staying with us during your most recent visit to Branson. We value your business and are happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms, affordable rates and friendly staff :) I am sorry that you were not able to reserve a microwave for the duration of your stay. We normally don't have a high demand for microwave rentals that is why we did not have a huge inventory of them. Sorry again for the inconvenience. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip. Thanks for the great thorough review! I'm sure many future customers will a appreciate it :)

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

This motel was clean and quiet. We were very pleased. When we arrived we realized we were on the bottom floor and by the pool. I assumed we would be kept up all night by those above us or those swimming. We never heard anything. Breakfast was kind of skimpy but still good. Check in and check out was quick
The motel next door -something oaks was our original plan but they were full. Our best kept secrets of where to stay keep filling up

• Stayed June 2013
SpinningWheelInn, Owner at Spinning Wheel Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear deal1988, Thanks for staying with us as your second choice to the Twelve Oaks Inn, but we also own that one as well :) We value your business and are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are also happy that you took the time to tell others about our property, even though you didn't want the word to get out that we are a nice place to stay :) We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Branson. Thanks again and best wishes!