“Excellent stay - Branson flavor”
Review of Seven Gables Inn

Seven Gables Inn
Ranked #14 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Whitwell, TN
“Excellent stay - Branson flavor”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Wonderful property! Clean, comfortable, well appointed rooms, comfortable beds and each room has a flat screen TV and other amenities. Breakfast is a full item breakfast cooked on site daily and hot as well as cold items and many varieties of beverages. The staff is superb to say the least and caring for your every comfort. Eager to please in every way and totally committed to the comfort and pleasure of each guest. Will definitely always use this property whenever I am in Branson either individually or with my tour groups. The value given for the money is absolutely great. Other similar hotels would have charged twice the rate for less service.

Room Tip: Stay here and spend the extra money on the shows!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PrestigeFL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Korean first
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have stayed at the Seven Gables in Branson have enjoyed my stay there every time we love going there it is clean and neat with a wonderful breakfast it is a good place to enjoy your stay,I tell all my friends to go here very friendly place to stay very close to all the wonderful shows you can go and see

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Missouri
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We learned, once again, that you get what you pay for. Based on others' reviews, I expected a really great experience here. I was wrong, and it just goes to show that everyone has an opinion. I should begin by saying that if you compare other older motels LIKE this one, this one was on par with those. But compared to the better chains and the like, this was awful. 1) We didn't sleep at ALL the one night we were there because the "room darkening" curtains just covered the size of the window and didn't allow for the white light that came in above and below the window! The result was enough light in the room to read by.....at 2:00 a.m.! 2) The air conditioner was one of these below-window units that kicks on and off with a rattling noise. It was enough to wake the dead. I even used ear plugs, but it didn't help. 3) Bedding was thin and cheap. Yes, the sheets were clean, but the only blanket on the bed was a thin bedspread, and everybody knows you don't want THAT up by your face, so I hauled out two blankets in the dresser that looked like they came from my bed when I was a kid 40 years ago. Very tattered and cheap, which would definitely deter theft. 3) The breakfast room was a converted guest room under the stairs. It was a little weird because we couldn't find it. More signage needed if you're coming from another part of the motel. 4) NO elevator! The receptionist did ask me when we checked in if the second floor was all right, and I readily said fine. But I didn't even consider having to haul luggage up a flight of stairs to an outside door. My fault there. 5) Dingy towels in desperate need of bleaching. They were grayish, and I think they were clean, but who knows? 6) Shower head was very short. My 6' 3" husband stepped out of the shower and said he was able to wash his hair, and I said "that's nice, dear." And he amended, "my chest hair." 7) Breakfast -- instead of individual, sanitary packets of jelly and butter that you find elsewhere, there were open jars that you had to scoop out with a spoon. I was hoping no one using them before us had a cold.......Having said all this, I will say that the little Korean lady who ran the front desk was extremely pleasant and very accommodating, so I will give kudos for that. Even at the better chains, you don't get that kind of friendliness. So, bottom line, if you want a very good price and don't mind the above inconveniences, you could stay here and probably do all right. If you've had a taste of better sheets, blankets, darkened rooms, breakfasts, shower heads, you'll be very disappointed and run, don't walk, when it comes time to leave.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor, unless you want a good workout.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ohio
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Based upon the hotel website and others' reviews, my expectations for this establishment were reasonably high, though shortlived. Branson was a one-night stop for us, and so we were excited to be provided lodging and tickets to a show for such a reasonable price. On a positive note, the reservationist was quite accommodating to our needs ... but upon arrival our experience dwindled thereafter. The room was an allergy-sufferer's nightmare, with dust and cobwebs collected upon the air vents. The shower had no temperature regulation, thus my feet were immediately scalded by water set to a position just above lukewarm. In search of vending machines, we were greeted by an OPEN sign but a locked, dark, front door. A couple of bug kills and clogged nostrils later, our subpar sleep was disrupted by the screams of unruly children and their families en route to and inside the outdoor pool at 6:30 AM!!! There's nothing quite like a noisy herd running back and forth, with car horn blows and cell phone chatter between, along an exterior corridor common unto a weary traveler who no longer bears skin across the soles of her feet. Needless to say, we forfeited our free breakfast in favor of a good, clean Krispy Kreme nearby, and while our complaints to the staff member at the front desk upon checkout were met only with a "we'll check it out", we certainly won't ever return to see if anyone actually did. The Legends In Concert show was wonderful, and the food at Cakes-n-Creams was equally pleasing ... in hindsight, however, we would have been better to have bought our own tickets and moved on to the next city for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank P T
Trinity, TX USA
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Recently nine of us (3 couples - 3 widows) traveled from Trinity, TX to Branson. We stayed at the Seven Gables Inn and were very, very pleased. The price was excellent, the location was great,
we were fairly close to most of the theaters (only a few minutes to most of them); rooms were clean and well maintained. Grace and her family who run the Inn were really helpful and right
on top of everything.

The free breakfast was wonderful (egg/sausage casserole, biscuits & gravy, hot oatmeal, several cold cereals, fresh fruit, waffles, doughnuts, coffee, juice, hot tea, etc. It is one of the few places that we have stayed and I actually ate the free breakfast rather than going to
Denny's or IHOP. When I made the reservations and reservations for tickets I dealt with
Elizabeth (Grace's daughter) and you could not find a more helpful, resourceful person.
The type rooms we requested were ready for us - and with 9 people all going to different
shows the tickets could have been a nightmare - but between Elizabeth and Grace all
was well.

We would all most certainly stay there again and all 9 people were happy with our stay there.

Karen Atkinson
Trinity, TX

Room Tip: We requested downstairs (as we are all seniors), in the front building, near the breakfast room. A...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I'd have to say this was the best value we got on our recent road trip to & from Branson that involved 1 night in this hotel & 4 nights in a national chain. There wasn't a free USA TODAY, fitness room or free brewed coffee & cookies in the lobby, but I'd rather pay less & give up a few frills. Also, the owners provided a personal touch by being very hospitable & friendly. The hotel is within easy walking distance of a restaurant recommended by AAA where we had a very filling supper for the price paid. Also, it was handy to have a Walgreens within walking distance. The flaws we found were primarily cosmetic & very minor such as doorstops replaced without the wall covering also being worked on. I'm sure that will be addressed as the owners have the opportunity. The breakfast was very good, with an owner cooking waffles on one of those devices I'm hesitant to use. He made sure we knew there were sausage patties available & brought them to our table. I loved the freshly baked biscuits & sausage gravy that didn't have a ton of grease on the top. Unlike every other place we stayed, there were fresh doughnuts from a local bakery. You may not feel as secure because the individual rooms are accessible from outside with a key, but from what I gathered, the hotel is located in a very safe area. I'd highly recommend this hotel for travelers who are looking for a nice (not luxurious) place to stay on a trip that's mostly about seeing the sights in Branson, rather than taking advantage of hotel amenities that I usually don't have the time or energy for anyway such as a fitness room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
MN-AZ-MZT
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed at Seven Gables for four nights. Yes, what other reviewers have said is true...keys for the door locks, older hotel, lack of outlets in rooms, small pool, etc., but you can stay down the street for $116 per night/no shows included if you prefer to pay more for a newer hotel. We booked several weeks in advance, and did the $99 per night special that included a show for two people, so in effect the room cost about $40 per night. They also booked other shows that we wanted to attend at the time of making the reservation. I've read reviews of some other hotels where the hotel booked the shows for guests in advance and the guests had terrible seats. We had quality seats for each show we attended. This appears to be a family-run establishment. They are so friendly and eager to please. In the breakfast room they make the waffles for you and keep walking around encouraging you to have more egg/sausage/potato bake, freshly heated biscuits, sausage, oatmeal, etc. The donuts are actually fresh and not refrigerated. The carpet in the breakfast room does need a good cleaning or replacement, but the room in which we stayed had very clean, new carpet, two pillow-top queen beds, granite sink, and separate toilet/shower area. There was also a microwave and larger refrig in the room, and a 37" LCD tv. Each day a maid and helper came to the room. They will completely strip the bed and change the bedding each day unless you tell them not to. Pool water was warm and clean, but didn't see anyone use it even though temps were in the 80's. This was our first trip to Branson and talked to some unhappy folks who stayed in holes who paid a heck of a lot more than we did. And this hotel had a great location convenient to shows but no road noise, so we were thoroughly pleased. Will definitely stay here next time we come back to Branson.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple