“Marco Polo Delight” 4 of 5 bubbles

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Marco Polo Delight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Marco Polo was a show that I saw with my wife. The costumes were very colorful and the performers were very entertaining. It was all dance that I enjoyed very much. The special effects were professional and well thought out. It was a love store between Marco Polo and a young women. I not sure how true the story was but it was entertaining . The tickets were was well priced and for only $5.00 more you received a great meal before the show. I wish the audience was larger to enjoy the show, but I understand that Sunday's are slow in Branson. The show has now ended and the performers are returning to China and returning next season.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Robert C

37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Entertaining - Cool Costumes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I didnt know much of the story of Marco Polo before going. I'm not sure I know any more of the story now. It seemed like an Acrobats of China Show but they added in a few voice over comments on Marco Polo (which I wonder how factual they are?). That being said there were so many talented performers and interesting costumes that made the show exciting and the kids loved it (age 8 months - 8 years). My first complaint would be the guy who played Marco's Dad (and then possibly an old Marco, I was confused there). This guy over played his part so hard it was comical. Even the kids were laughing at him. He needs to tone it WAY down. It was so annoying. The second complaint was a seance scene with the shaman. That scared the kids and was totally unnecessary in my opinion. So go with normal expectations and enjoy the show!

1 Thank Jdilly2
Miami, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Marco...Marco...Marco........POLO!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We all enjoyed this new limited engagement show. It is produced by the same group that made Legends of Kung Foo, which we also loved. Quite striking is the large $1million screen as a backdrop that added substantially to the performance, as did the many beautiful costumes. No singing, a lot of dancing, and a great deal of enthusiasm. We did not eat at the theatre. Would have been improved with more acrobatics.

1 Thank FarFr0mTheBeach
Tulsa
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Not what expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I had no idea what Marco Polo was about just a new show in Branson. The food was really amazing I guess they changed the menu early October. It included chicken fried steak, salad, potatoes and bread pudding.

If you like a ballet you will like Marco Polo. I don't really enjoy dancing. I would much rather see acrobatics and magic which there was very little of. The costumes were beautiful and sometimes the screen was really cool.

There were times that were so confusing. Really not much of a story line and seemed hard to follow. One scene the actor changed that was playing marco polo and that was very confusing. Also one scene marco polo was to be dreaming of birds and there were all of these actors dressed in tutus and fluffy costumes prancing around and then you realize they are men and it just looked ridiculous.

Again if ballet is your thing I'm sure it will be entertaining for you.

2 Thank GingerbreadGrlz
springfield, mo
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Extraordinary performances”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was a most unusual display of dance, music and costumes. It just got better and better. LED screen was unbelievable. Second act was exceptional.

1 Thank ssharrison2