“She was Patsy!”
Review of Absolutely Patsy Cline Show - CLOSED

Absolutely Patsy Cline Show
More attraction details
Owner description: Branson’s Original, Longest Running and Most Authentic Patsy Cline Performance! This 80 - minute “Behind the Music” style production is a one-woman performance starring Tracy Lynn DeMille. You'll enjoy her humor and delivery of the stories behind Patsy's music just as much you'll enjoy her singing.Celebrating her 17th Season as a Branson ‘Headliner’, Tracy is a descendant of the legendary “Father of Hollywood”, Cecil B. DeMille. She has received nominations for Female Vocalist, Tribute Artist and Entertainer of the Year in Branson.Tracy is most known for her power-house vocals and remarkable likeness to the late Patsy Cline. She has become one of the most recognized tribute artists in Branson Missouri, and quite possibly the entire USA.
Farmer City, Illinois
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“She was Patsy!”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

An excellent one woman show! Her singing and knowledge of the legend Patsy Cline was a wonderful experience!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank karlatrimble

London, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Absolutely Patsy - Terrific!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We enjoyed this show immensely.
She has a great voice.
We would come back and see the show if we came back to Branson.
We highly recommend this show.
Dorothy Jack
London Ontario Canada

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Seabourne2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Absolutely Terrific”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I attended her show this past November and enjoyed it immensely and wouldn't think of going back to Branson without going back to see her. It is that good !! She has a great voice, talks to her audience, and is just a lot of fun. It was not crowded when I was there so I got a chance for a autograph, a photo with her, and some chat. Tracy, I am the one you called "the answer man. Once more -- if you get the chance go to her show. She is the best!,

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Jim A
Independence, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Patsy”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I love Patsy Cline, so anyone who does a good job of portraying her and her story should be regarded as a good performer. I would think her songs would be very challenging to perform for a lot of singers. However, this was well done, plus she provided some interesting facts about Patsy's life and her own.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Sue W
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Small but good”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The theater is small, holds 178 people. First through the doors, first to be seated, except for parties of 6 or more. The entertainer comes out to the "lobby" and asks if there are parties of "??" and seats them first, usually in the first rows, Largest parties first. This is sorta a "one woman show" and she does it all. The theater looks as though it has been there for a while, so don't except too much. Tickets are about $28.75. It was entertaining, good songs and a few laughs thrown in.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank ImaWingBiker
Tracy D, Owner at Absolutely Patsy Cline Show, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you for attending my performance and I'm glad you enjoyed my portrayal of Patsy Cline. I would like to explain though, the reasons I "usher" my own people are: #1. Since it is a smaller and more intimate venue, ushering the crowd gives me an opportunity to meet my guests one on one and have some fun with them before the performance begins. That way the audience is already comfortable and familiar with me (and I with them) before I take the stage.

The second reason I usher my own crowd is because on days that I am sold out, (as was the case on the day that you attended my show) being that the theatre seats less than 200 people, we must strategically fit everyone in (like pieces of a complicated puzzle) so that no seat is wasted. We obviously make every attempt we can to keep larger groups sitting together as opposed to splitting them up sporadically throughout the auditorium. We start with the front rows and begin seating all the way to wall so that guests do not have to climb over other people who were seated before them. Had you have come on a less busy day, seating would have been your choice on a first come first serve basis. It's really the only fair way to handle things in a venue of this size, because when we did allow reserved seating people would end up wanting to change their seats once they arrived and saw the layout of the auditorium.

It may appear to the average visitor that our seating methods are a bit out of the "norm", but trust me, we do things the way we do them for a reason in order to maintain efficiency and organization.

A good comparison would be the restaurant industry... if they have only a few tables large enough to accommodate parties of 6 or more, but yet they fill those tables with multiple parties of 2 or 4, then they will have nowhere left to seat the larger parties. Which then means those larger parties would have to split up.

What I'm trying to explain is this: Although we try our very best to make every effort to accommodate each and every person to the best of our ability, it is not humanly possible to please everyone all the time. There must be some manner of order and regulation to avoid a chaotic "free-for-all" among the guests. So in the end, when it's all said and done, if we can at least have a 90% satisfaction rating , then we've done better than the national average in most businesses.

In response to the theatre looking like it's been here a while... the building itself was built in the 1950's, however it was completely gutted and remodeled 7 years ago into the adorable 50's style coffee and soda shoppe that it is today. The 50's style tables and chairs in the lobby are custom made replicas of the era. We get a ton of compliments on how cute the set-up is and how it brings back great memories of yesteryear for so many of our guests.

Please take into consideration this one thing though... the size of the venue does not in any way determine the size of the talent on the stage. My production has been in more than 12 different venues (big and small) in Branson over the past 17 seasons and I can guarantee you this, my performance is the same whether I'm entertaining twenty, two hundred or 20,000 people. I give it 150% every single show. So in all fairness, I believe the rating you posted on Trip Advisor was based more on your opinion of the venue than it was my actual performance.

As for the ticket price of $28.75 (which is considerably less than the majority of shows in Branson, especially for a Christmas Day performance), that is the "box office" price. However, there are numerous coupon books all over town that give you a "buy one get one half price" offer on my tickets for the 2013 season.

All in all, I hope you had a positive experience with me and my performance. I apologize if the theatre itself was not what you were expecting, but most likely I will be in a different venue for the 2014 season anyway. Few shows stay in the same venue for more than 2 years at a time. Usually not by their choice, but for political reasons. We call that the "Branson Shuffle"!!

Thank you for your review and many blessings to you in the new year.

Musically Yours,