“"80's Ladies" Show in Branson, Missouri ... a "must-see"”
Review of 80's Ladies - CLOSED

80's Ladies
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I brought my family to this show on Saturday, July 12, and found it to be one of the "hidden-gems" of the Branson show-scene! (and I have been bringing my family to Branson shows for 31 years) First of all, it's a 2:00 p.m. matinee that shows on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, at the "God and Country Theater" (right in front of the Apple Tree Craft Mall on the historic Branson Strip. Don't let the size of the venue, ... it's in a remodeled former movie-theater, .... give you the wrong impression.... In fact, the smaller surroundings allow the audience to be up close and personal with the cast during the presentation. Trust me, you will be pleasantly surprised!!! The show begins with guitarist, m.c. and background vocalist, Dave Sanders, welcoming the audience with a brief description of the 80's era. The show is frequented with video-clips of televisions commercials and product reviews that bring back a flood of memories to folks who are, like me, .... are over the age of 50. The 4-man band is near flawless in their delivery of the hits that follow, one after the other, in this very entertaining show. The "Ladies" take the stage, and immediately we are treated to a rendition of "Girls just want to have fun" .... and trust me, ... it is obvious that they do! The "Ladies" (Heather Gentry, Jannette Apilado, and Kelly Weigand) will take you on a wonderful musical, and visual journey through the assorted hits from the decade of the 1880's. Yiou will hear everything from Pointer-Sisters hits, to those of Madonna, The Bangles, Debbie Gibson, Tiffany, and Paula Abduul. If you are a fan of the movie "Top Gun" and you happen to: "...feel the need for speed...." then, Dave Sanders does a great job on Kenny Loggin's "Danger Zone"! All of this is done in warp-speed, with many, many, costume changes (costumes of which, were all designed by the multi-talented Ms. Gentry ... who amazingly makes at least "4" changes during "1" Madonna medley) . There are amazing dance-sequences throughout this program, as each of the "Ladies" are very, 'proficient' in the assorted dance-steps of the era. Ms. Weigand was voted 'Best-Dancer' by Branson show attendees, and we see why throughout this production. The entire show is choreographed by Ms. Gentry, and is energy-packed from start to finish. One of the highlights of the show for me was Ms. Apilado's rendition of a Whitney Houston hit ... (I'll just let you see it for yourself). The second half of the show, though considerably shorter, gets pumping right off, with Olivia Newton-John's "Physical", ... complete with leotards and headbands. Oh, I didn't even mention Dave and Heather's duet on Anne Wilson, and Mike Reno's version of "Almost Paradise" during a 'Footloose' segment! Wow! After several more songs and costume changes, the show winds down to the finale! And, I tell you, it is a bittersweet moment! All of my family (even our 12, 10, 6, and 5 year-old grand daughters) wanted it to continue! Afterwards, all of the "Ladies" and Dave, met with show attendees out in the lobby. They were kind, cordial, and just fun to talk to, ...so we had a great time with 'photo-ops' and a few laughs, as folks shopped in the gift-shop for neat things to take home. HERE'S THE ONLY DOWNSIDE TO THIS EXPERIENCE ... The number in attendance was far, far, far, below what it should have been for a show of this calibre! Still, these kids never let it show in their performance. They gave us 110% and and just worked their 'rears off'!!! .... PLEASE, BRANSON SHOW-ATTENDEES, DON'T LET THIS SHOW SLIP PAST YOU!!! I fully understand that it "ain't a country show' as Bransons is known for, ... but, ... it is none the less, a wonderfully entertaining music-show experience! Any one of the entertainers on this stage could easily head-line a show elsewhere.... (they are that good!) ... but, ... they collectively choose to stay in Branson and pay their dues to build a show from the ground-up! I only hope that both perspective show attendees, and theater management, realize what they have here. I can tell you this: My family and I, will definitely be back! The "80's Ladies" Show in Branson, Missouri. You won't be disappointed! And, if ticket-prices are an issue: It's available at Branson 2for1 Ticket Outlet..... Now, what's you excuse for not seeing it? Trust me, you will be glad you did!

Reviewed July 18, 2014

if you like 80s music this is the one to see...Watch these gals sing and dance. One of the best show in Branson.The Music was great

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Great fun! Loved everything about this show!! Not the same ole same ole! Great voices! Great music! Great fun!!

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I saw a show in Branson today at the God and Country Theatre and it is definitely a show you don't want to miss when you are in Branson. This is an amazing show full of fun and talent. Fast moving and colorful costumes with some great comedy. All ages will enjoy this show. Be sure and put the 80's Ladies Show on your list of shows to see when you are visiting Branson.