“Breakfast was not good”

Ranked #39 of 388 Restaurants in Branson
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Went here for breakfast after reading all the rave reviews. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. Ok so the atmosphere was quaint and the server very nice but the food ruined the experience for me. The biscuits and gravy was bland and flavorless. The over easy eggs were ok and on par with the greasy mediocre has browns. The bacon though, ugh, it was so bad. I can't even describe it. I'm not sure how they managed to ruin bacon but they did. The flavor was repulsive. Maybe this place is ok for lunch or dinner but there breakfast game needs improvement.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

we ate at mcfarlain's today - enjoyed the atmosphere and the style of the building - the food was not that great - more "yankee" style to a southern boy - the cornbread has a different twist (I can make some good southern cornbread) - our waitress was not too accommodating and threatened to charge us for another kids tea if another took a drink out of it - when a restaurant is that ticky on those things I don't normally find my way back there - I am doing them a favor going in and there are plenty of places to choose from - food average but doubt I will go out of the way to go back - 2 other older ladies got up and left b/c the waitress kept telling them to hold on - it's an average place but wasn't too impressed

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Last night we had dinner at Mc Farlain's ,one of my reasons for wanting to eat there as being a Mc Farlane I know we have wonderful chefs in the family. The food was moderately ok , the service was lousy, we were seated in a booth by the back where all the staff congregated but the only time our waitress came by was to put our plates in front of us and then again with a smile when she gave us the bill. We had the pot roast which was chewy, the potatoes were good but the gravy was all over the green beans as well as the meat not appealing to the eye. The cornbread was very dry like it had been plated a few hours early .

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Food was good and not too pricey, Décor was interesting - probably more so for someone out of the area since I'm used to the country style. Waitresses were friendly. Restrooms were upstairs - a bit inconvenient. Fast service and comfortable seating.

Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

I have never been to MCFARLANS before. They have fried green tomatoes YUM. Their food is always very well prepared and there is plenty of it. The waitress that we had told me I could get half an order of fried green tomatoes instead of the full order which was great because I couldn't eat all of it. We went through the shots after eating they have beautiful quilts at a reasonable price.