“Good Country Cooking”

Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
“Good Country Cooking”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

The lunch started out with a large piece of sweet cornbread with honey butter. One word - delicious. The menu offers many country dishes that are brought to your table promptly and hot. The service was good. We didn't have to wait for our check or anything we asked for. Oddly, the bathrooms are up a flight of stairs. Overall, it's a good restaurant and we'll probably return in the future.

Phillipsburg
“Good food!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Went here on a Monday, later in the evening so it was not busy. My husband and I both had the pork chops and they were great. Only thing we didn't like was the gravy on the mashed potatoes. Great cornbread and we don't usually like cornbread. Good service, too.

Visited September 2013
Muldrow, Oklahoma
“Good food, slow service, I might try them again”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We picked McFarlin's because it was close to the hotel and the Pierce Arrow theater. We had a few minutes wait for a table. We we were seated and given menus the waitress disappeared for a while, then re-appeared to serve others, finally took our drink order but wouldn't take our food order (we had plenty of time to decide during her absence) re -appeared with drinks only to walk a way again to chat with a customer about attractions and taxes. By now my temper is beginning to rise a little, she returned and took our orders (by now I can see we will be late for the show..I had allowed an hour and a half). The food arrived pretty quick and we had to eat it quickly. So it was not my favorite $50 dinner. Also, the booth we sat in has a "barn roof and walls" so it echoed out your conversation to everyone else as well as capturing room noise. So, no I was not really happy with my experience here. But on a positive note, the food itself was very good....still I was 15 minutes late to the show

Stevensville, Michigan
“Best Breakfast on our Trip”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We'd tried other recommended restaurants while in Branson, but weren't satisfied so we thought we'd try the restaurant across the street from our hotel and it ended being the best breakfast we had while in Branson. We'll definitely go back!!!

Craig
“"farm food"”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

You are not going to find anything healthy on this menu! THe cornbread is the best and the food they do have is very good. I've had their fried green tomatoes twice. The first time was excellent the second not so good. Large portions, good value.

• Visited August 2013