“A Great Woman's Restaurant”

Ruby Lena's Tea Room & Antq
Ranked #3 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Branson
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
warwick, new york
“A Great Woman's Restaurant”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

When I say woman's restaurant there is no pejorative intended.I mean it's the type of place you'd feel comfortable bringing your mom out to eat in and she would feel like she's having lunch at a friends house.It is cozy and beautifully decorated with table cloths and little doilies. There are antiques to browse at while you're waiting so I can't believe anyone can complain about the service which I found to be excellent. The menu is mostly sandwiches and soup. I had the Cubano which was as good as the one I had at a Cuban Restaurant in New York. I had Broccoli Cheese soup and it was delicious. You won't get a T bone here but you will get a lunch without getting your wallet picked.There's no bar and no blasting music so Mom will actually be able to hear what you are saying.Also missing are the 15 flat screen tvs blasting sports events in your face that seem to be a staple at all the corporate chains.Good food,peace and quiet. Nostalgia and reasonable prices. Something that's becoming rare in the new culinary culture.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank joe s

Branson, Missouri
“Perfect "tea room" atmosphere and menu!”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I live in Branson, and I love to visit Ruby Lena's on occasion. They have excellent homemade food, and great service! I especially love the sweet muffins you get with the meal, and their pies! The only thing I have ordered there that I wouldn't recommend is their chicken salad... which is sad to say because it is a tea room staple! It sounds strange, but it tasted like nail polish remover! BUT everything else has been wonderful! Definitely recommend on your next visit!

Visited October 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“Average at best......”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We went there for lunch, based on trip advisor reviews. The decor is nice, but the food tasted like it was leftover from the day before. Also the muffin tasted like it had rancid oil. The waitress did not come back to see if we need coffee refills. She also didnt ask if we wanted dessert. She just brought the bill and we had to tell her we wanted dessert. Again the pies didnt taste as tho they were made that day. Probably wont go back.

• Visited October 2012
Arkansas
“Good food, bad tea”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The food here was great, but for a tea room, they don't know much about tea. The tea is just random bags from the walmart, served in china cups, with a teapot. There is no pot warmer or tea cozy on the pot, so the water quickly gets cold. I would eat here again for the food, but I'd skip the tea.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank NoahTall
branson, mo
“LIKE GRANDMA'S HOME COOKING & MEMORIES OF THE GOOD OLD DAYS”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Ruby Lena's Tearoom & Antiques is a very special place to go to lunch. Their food is made fresh daily and home baked pies and cakes. The owner strives for this to be the place of old memories with vintage tablecloths, napkIns, & antique decor, etc. The place is a 100 year old house that is so quaint and great location to downtown Branson. The atmosphere is so pleasant and we had time to visit. The food is so unique and different and there is something for everyone. We had lunch of Granny's homemade chicken & dumplings, fresh green beans, mashed potatoes & homemade yeast roll. Our friends had Chicken Pecan Quiche. The service was right on and as they were busy they still took time to visit with us and make us feel welcomed. Our grandkids enjoyed the teapot & tea cups just right for them I recommend this place for all ages. Go and enoy this quaint place.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank beachview06

Been to Ruby Lena's Tea Room & Antq? Share your experiences!