“Over-rated experience”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Although the locals rave about the restaurant, I found their 1/2 chicken dinner over-cooked and tasteless. Their salad bar is nothing more than lettuce and a few toppings, which is far less than one would expect for the price. Their desserts are good and the little shopping center is cute. The wait for the ticket to pay and leave was almost as long as the wait for the meal. Overall, the trip for a luncheon there was not worth the stop.

1  Thank Patricia C

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Seemed like a typical, small "family" type restaurant. We went for breakfast and I'm not a big breakfast person so that might be a slight disadvantage but it was a decent meal at a decent price. Very small and "cozy" atmosphere, has a gift shop attached but I didn't check it out.

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Simply awful food. Scrambled eggs were cold and tasted like powdered eggs. Bacon was crisp but very cold. Biscuits dry and cold - the butter didn't even begin to melt. Husband got Spanish omelet which made him gag. The vegs were those frozen diced ones and the inside of the omelet was raw and vegs were little liquified but still frozen. The "hash browns" were oven baked tater tots. Then there's the bathroom. They have an ad taped to the wall telling people of the opportunity to go upstairs to the gift shop to buy spray to put in toilet so it doesn't smell after #2. Would never go back there.

1  Thank MissourahRes
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I went for a nice breakfast to the farmhouse in Branson Missouri. The reviews looked like it might be an enjoyable experience. We were greeted by a nonsmiling employee. Seated in a traffic way for my pregnant wife when the restaurant was not full. Though our food arrived quickly the only thing warm on my plate were the pancakes. The country style potatoes were cold and dry. My wife's omelette was exceptionally dry. We asked for the food to be put into the microwave to be warmed up and they simply replied "yes". Next time they checked on us we were asked, "is everything okay now?".

We did not finish the food on our plate. We paid in full, tipped the waitress, and walk down the street to clockers Café. At clockers we were greeted by a smiling hostess. We were served by a delightful waitress. In before receiving the food we knew this place is the better choice. We were right. We will not be returning to the farmhouse for breakfast again. However, they have great fried chicken at lunch.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Not bad, not great. I had the grilled chicken breast, previously frozen. The green beans had a weird taste and I couldn't eat them. My husband had chicken dumplings (canned chicken) and they were OK. But the biscuits - very good!! Home made like grandma used to make! Both of us wished we'd just had the salad bar and soup bc it looked really good, especially after our disappointing meal. A couple next to us ordered the fried chicken and it looked good too.