“Nostalgic”

Branson Cafe
Ranked #33 of 372 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family dining since 1910 in Historic Downtown Branson
Lufkin, Texas
“Nostalgic”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I had the chicken fried steak. It was delicious! Real steak hand battered and fried just right. The white gravy was just like my Mom fixed in the old cast iron skillet. The French fries were hand cute fried with onions. The green beans were cooked with a little onion and I think a tad of bacon grease. The roll was wonderful. All in all it reminded me of my Mom's home cooking. I will be back!!!

• Visited March 2014

Marion, Iowa
“Worth Your Time to Try This One”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

What a nice surprise that these old-fashioned cafes still exist in our country and that they still deliver. You won't be disappointed here. Our bread and pie crust were hand made as we were told they are everyday by the owner who used to own a bakery. The lemon marange pie was outstanding, the way grandma made it. Bread on the sandwich I ordered was fresh. Our waitress was friendly and on the ball with that pot of coffee. Give it a try. We went back for breakfast the next morning but they close on Sundays.

• Visited February 2014
Wichita Falls, TX
“Owner went out of her way for us!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband, our 13-year-old daughter and 1-month-old daughter, and I visited Branson for our first time a few days before Christmas. We stopped in this café for some hot chocolate and a pie – both were delicious! When we returned to our car, we found that our battery had died and we were unable to start it. My husband went back into the café and asked if there was anyone who could help us jump start the car. The owner went out of her way to make some phone calls for us looking for someone to help us, then her daughter (who also works at the café and was working there that night) said she had some jumper cables in her car, so the owner then pulled her daughter’s car up next to ours and helped us get going again. It was a very cold evening, so we truly appreciate all the help the owner and her daughter were to us. We went to the café the next day to get a meal and say thank you again, but there was a note on the door that they were closed the remainder of the week for Christmas. If y’all are reading this – thank you so much for y’alls help!

The Dixons in Texas

• Visited December 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great Home-cooked Food. Cleanest Kitchen I've Ever Seen!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

So my friends & I were on a shopping extravaganza trip in Branson and stopped at this little cafe to eat. The food was fabulous! If you're just wanting a good ole home-cooked meal that doesn't cost you an arm and a leg, this is the place to eat. In fact, we went back to eat there again our last day in Branson.

On a different note, I have never seen a kitchen so clean and organized! If you have to use their restroom, you follow a big yellow arrow through their kitchen to the one, (1), restroom at the back of the building. While waiting in line to use the facility, I noticed how immaculate their kitchen was. You could even see the floor under the utility tables there was no food or grime! Everything was neatly in it's place. Having been a tea room cook in the past, the cleanliness and organization of this cafe's kitchen pleasantly amazed me.

Will definitely eat at the Branson Cafe again on future trips to Branson.

• Visited November 2013
Illinois
“Just OK”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We went here for breakfast and it was just average. The bacon was very good,but scrambled eggs were very bland. Probably won't return.

• Visited December 2013