“Just OK”

Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Family dining since 1910 in Historic Downtown Branson
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We went here for breakfast and it was just average. The bacon was very good,but scrambled eggs were very bland. Probably won't return.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by the concierge where we were staying. We went for breakfast. My husband ordered the breakfast with biscuits and gravy. Neither of these items were tasty. The biscuits were dry and the gravy was floury. We both had eggs with our breakfasts and they were well cooked. My husband ordered bacon and I ordered the sausage patties. The bacon was not quite crispy even though he had requested it. The sausage was nicely spiced. I had the biscuits instead of toast and after tasting it decided I should have ordered toast. The coffee was good and the waitress was attentive and kept warming our coffee.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The Branson Café is the longest continuously operating business in Branson, Missouri. It survived both fires and kept on goin'! Read "Branson, A Time Line History" by Jerry S. Madsen for some really great history about Branson and the surrounding area. Anyway, back to the Branson Café. The ambience is what you'd expect for a small town diner...GREAT FOOD and good people. A very casual "down home" atmosphere located on "the hill" in Historic Branson. Just a great little diner where you get both good food and friendly people. What's not to like - Enjoy!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I don't understand the rave reviews for this place. It must just be nostalgia because it isn't that good. I got the roast beef sandwich and it was just ok. My husband wasn't impressed with his tenderloin either. The price was way too high for the value in my opinion.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This café is located in downtown historic Branson, and seemed it would be a better choice than one of the chain type restaurants at nearby Branson Landing. The lunch special was meatloaf, which we both generally like, but this was only fair. Worse, the entire meals were just barely warm, maybe like everything had been sitting unheated for awhile. The meals were not what you would expect from this type of "local" restaurant.