“Good, but just your average diner”
Review of Branson Cafe

Branson Cafe
Ranked #32 of 388 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Family dining since 1910 in Historic Downtown Branson
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Good prices, great service. The apple butter was delicious, but food was your average diner food. We ate breakfast once, but tried to get cinnamon rolls several days in row and they were always sold out. The waitresses are really sweet and super attentive. Our breakfast was around $15 plus tip.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

It is really more like a diner. It was great. I could not believee the price of my dinner. We both ordered the special. I am going to have to keep you guessing till the end. Note that I live in New Jersey.

We arrived and were hungry so I looked up some places on trip advisor. Showed it to my travel mate and we agreed it got good reviews. Down town we went. You can find it easily because of the red awning.

We entered and it was very small. Booths on both ends. Tables in the middle. I think the last time any work that was done to the place was in the 50's. There was paneling on the wall which was painted red. The decor consisted of a pretend roof hanging over each side with tons of antiques. Egg baskets, Hershey s cans and tons more.

On the menu was fried chicken livers which I love. But when she came and told us that the special was fried chicken the deal was done. We had a choice of white or dark meat. If you ordered white you got a chicken breast and wing dark consisted of thich and drumstick. We had choice of corn or beans. It came with a homemade roll which they made and also delicious homemade potatoes and gravy. For dessert we both had butterscotch merange pie. It was home style and absolutely delicious.

And drum roll please...........the price of the chicken dinner without the dessert was 6.49.

Now, if you are looking for something exotic this is not the place for you. It is basic, good cooked, home style cooking.

We had a great time there and loved every minute. I think it opened in 1909.

Warning: it did not bother me at all but you have to follow the red tile through the kitchen to get to the bathroom.

Highly recommend for an old time town square feel. Something we don t get today. And the nicest people you would ever want to meet.

1  Thank maddashin
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband found this cafe yesterday morning and brought me a cinnamon roll for breakfast. It may be the best cinnamon roll I've ever had so we went again today and each had a cinnamon roll. Just $1.99 for the best Cinnamon Roll ever - light and fluffy, smothered with great frosting. The service was great too!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

You would be hard pressed to find biscuits and gravy this good unless your Grandmother is still alive! Simply the best in this town. Prices are very reasonable and the staff is very friendly. Great coffee! Try to go as early as possible or you may have to wait to get a table, but it will be worth it!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is the best food in Branson!!! We live close by and we eat here at least three times a week. We have tried most items on the menu and have loved every meal. Quality food! Also everyone who works here is very friendly:) and you don't find that at other local diners!!!

Been to Branson Cafe? Share your experiences!