“Average to us” 3 of 5 bubbles

Main Street Alley
Ranked #62 of 370 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in the heart of Historic Downtown Branson. Have a classic sandwich such as the Reuben, Philly Cheesesteak or a favorite of many, Our Angus Chuck Burger. For Sweet Stuff, we have blackberry and peach cobblers, and deep fried treats...The funnel cake, Twinkie's or Oreo's Come in and sample many of our local products in the "gifts" section. We carry, White River Salt Scrub, Bekemeir's Jams/Butters, Branson Bean Coffees, Thompson Farms Soups/Dips and much more. Avoid Main Street congestion and park in the 3hr public parking lot, behind Dicks 5&10 and use our Alley entrance, placing you in the Middle of Main Street. Enjoy your visit!
Hoxie
“Average to us”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

After reading all the fabulous reviews we made it a point to eat at Main Street Alley. It's not that it wasn't good but we thought it was about average. It's a fun place and we enjoyed it, but the food was not anything special. Maybe it was what we ordered or didn't order?? I certainly wouldn't tell anyone not to go but we will not put it on our "to do list" next Branson trip.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 4schamys

Branson, Missouri
“Great Hotdogs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

I love the Alley Dog. It has 2 Nathan Hot Dogs in the bun topped with saurkraut, chili, cheese, onions. It is served with there home made potato chips. It is not fancy, but the food is wonderful.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank dstoddard
Harrison, Arkansas, United States
“AWESOME FOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

Me and my husband eat there everytime we are in Branson. The Breakfast is great you will not beat the taste of the food. No breakfast will compare. They have a great bacon cheese burger its better than any other. We love this restaurant.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Barbara D
“Excellent burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Very delicious but I wish it had a little bit of pink in the center for juicyness. The owner and waiters were super friendly and helpful

2 Thank Patryk R
Springfield, Missouri
“Good food, great service, concerns...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Came in by myself for breakfast while hubby was at a conference. Very kind owner and server. Good basic menu of omelets, French toast, etc. owner offered to make pancakes even though not on the menu. I ordered a half side of b&g which was good. Clearly, they have changed to homemade biscuits. I also ordered a two egg breakfast that was cooked just as ordered.
Now for my concerns...sorry. The store sells local products including jams and butters which you can try with your breakfast. I love this idea! Love buying local and trying something new. I asked to try the strawberry rhubarb jam and was excited, but then a half used jar was placed on the table with no way to sample it other than w the silverware I was using to eat with. Looking at the fork that had been in my mouth and my knife with egg on it I thought it was a bad idea to dip in. Yes, I could have asked for a clean knife but my mind wandered to how many people didn't think like me and just dipped in. Maybe some Popsicle sticks for single use sampling, or scooped out in the kitchen into a sample sized cup?
Otherwise I really enjoyed the experience!

5 Thank Anna G
Jim K, Owner at Main Street Alley, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
First, Id like to thank you for this review. We really are glad you enjoyed your breakfast. Second, I love timing. Kristi and I were speaking about this very subject prior to opening today. We had made the decision to serve the jams in sampler bowls, which the server will prepare. This ensures no "double dipping" Thank you again for confirming that we needed the improvement. I just wish we would have thought of it yesterday prior to your first visit :-)