“Who Knew Branson, Mo. had a Great Sushi place??”

Mitsu Neko Fusion Cuisine and Sushi Bar
Ranked #37 of 380 Restaurants in Branson
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We would like to introduce Mitsu Neko Fusion Cuisine and Sushi Bar to the Branson Community and all sushi lovers. My husband and I have always wanted to have our own restaurant to create a unique, modern and romantic, city-like atmosphere. Roman, the owner and main sushi chef, completed a master’s degree in Japanese Studies. While living in our native country, Roman signed a two-year contract with Japanese magazine, where he wrote twenty seven (27) articles about history, geography, and culture of Japan. At the same time he worked in the Japanese studies department of the Academy of Science and taught Japanese in one of the local Middle schools. Speaking about myself, I completed a master’s degree in Spanish Studies, and am now pursuing second higher education in Market Finance. In 2008, Roman and I had an opportunity to relocate to the United States where we had to start from server’s positions, but soon after were able to become business owners. After almost three years of operating business with a partner, we decided that it was time for us to move on and have our own restaurant. Mitsu Neko is the place where we pursue our own dreams, ideas, and beliefs, and run business with our level of integrity. At Mitsu Neko, we strive to provide the best food quality, using fresh, healthy, and natural ingredients and family-like customer services. We are very thankful that we have a chance to share our passion for food with our supportive local customers and all tourists.
California
“Who Knew Branson, Mo. had a Great Sushi place??”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband is from Mo. And we go to Branson from So. Ca. a few times a year so he can bass fish. Our second night my husband decided he wanted Sushi. We had had gone to Mitsu few times in the past and had never been disappointed and we were't this night either. It's a little hard to find at the end of a strip mall but worth it! The owner made us Salmon, white tuna ,Halibut and it was really good! I commented to my husband that i thought it was a bit pricey but his comment was 'you get what you pay for and this is great Sushi' . Seems like the locals also know about this place and like it.

Branson, Missouri
“Not your typical Branson restaurant! Great ambiance and food.”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

As someone who lives in Branson I've never really paid much attention to the stores in this strip mall. The store on the end that caters to rednecks is personally a turn off. The sign on the highway also isn't appealing enough for me to have ever wanted to pull in and give this place a try. We were at home not sure what we wanted to do for dinner so I pulled up TripAdvisor to try and help with ideas. Mitsu Neko was one that came up right at the top. We both love sushi so we thought what the heck let’s give it a try. So many great reviews can’t be wrong.

We took the back roads to get there as it was a busy Friday night and I will say the back entrance to the parking lot is in bad need of replacement. Your vehicle will more than likely bottom out on the pavement unless you have an SUV due to the steep pitch. I would recommend using the entrance/exit off of hwy 76.

Once entering the restaurant it was a nice surprise. From reading the other reviews and looking at the pictures I had an idea what to expect. I personally love purple and I like how they used the color and theme throughout. Compared to almost every other place in Branson it defiantly earns 5 stars for ambiance and design. Some may not care of the dark color scheme, but I liked it. It separates itself from your typical Branson (or Missouri for that matter) restaurant.

We started out we the shrimp tempura appetizer. It was really good. I loved the flavor of the batter used. It’s something we would order again. For starters we ordered a few spicy crab rolls. At $5.50 each they were not only one of our favorites, but a great value too. We will order this item many more times on future visits! We also tried an interesting roll with strawberries. It was something very unique for sushi. It was worth trying, but wouldn't order it again. I would love to see one with just cream cheese and strawberries. Would be a great dessert idea.

This may be our new favorite sushi restaurant in Branson and we look forward to returning and trying many more items on the menu.

1 Thank Eric S
Tulsa
“Daughter loved the sushi”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I am not a sushi fan but my teen daughter loves it so I heard about this sushi restaurant in Branson so we headed over to check it out.

The atmosphere is really nice and my daughter said the California rolls was the best she ever had. I had the soup and salad which was good and we shared a creme brule.

The owner/chef is such a great person and really makes the restaurant.

A place to feel welcome and have a great meal.

missouri
“Fantastic perfection!!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Every single dish was spot on! I tried the panko tempura shrimp. Perfectly fried to the the color and taste of this delectable shrimp. The pork dumplings were the best I have ever eaten. The wild salmon was so fresh and creamy on the best sushi rice. The chef has mastered the art of making the texture and flavor of the sushi rice superb!!! Service is friendly and attentive. Nice upbeat decor adds to the interest of this fabulous restaurant. This was an excellent dining experience!!

1 Thank treeline
Blue Springs, Missouri, United States
“Who would've thought????”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

In the middle of Branson, where we honeymooned 43 years ago, fusion dinning! Things have changed quite a bit in a country conservative environment, that was and still is to some extent, of good ole Branson, MO. We found this restaurant at the top of Urbanspoon and tried it before a show. Our dishes were wonderful and the atmosphere was quaint. The Russian sushi chef and owner was quite a surprise. His wife was our waitress and couldn't have been more entertaining. I personally had the non traditional steak dish and found it the second best steak that I have eaten in my 62 years. I don't know how one could have fixed it any better. I was really impressed with the cleanliness of the place and the sheik decor. A must in Branson.

1 Thank Michael G