“A Pleasant Surprise in Branson Dining”

Mitsu Neko Fusion Cuisine and Sushi Bar
Ranked #32 of 372 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We would like to introduce Mitsu Neko Fusion Cuisine and Sushi Bar to the Branson Community and all sushi lovers. My husband and I have always wanted to have our own restaurant to create a unique, modern and romantic, city-like atmosphere. Roman, the owner and main sushi chef, completed a master’s degree in Japanese Studies. While living in our native country, Roman signed a two-year contract with Japanese magazine, where he wrote twenty seven (27) articles about history, geography, and culture of Japan. At the same time he worked in the Japanese studies department of the Academy of Science and taught Japanese in one of the local Middle schools. Speaking about myself, I completed a master’s degree in Spanish Studies, and am now pursuing second higher education in Market Finance. In 2008, Roman and I had an opportunity to relocate to the United States where we had to start from server’s positions, but soon after were able to become business owners. After almost three years of operating business with a partner, we decided that it was time for us to move on and have our own restaurant. Mitsu Neko is the place where we pursue our own dreams, ideas, and beliefs, and run business with our level of integrity. At Mitsu Neko, we strive to provide the best food quality, using fresh, healthy, and natural ingredients and family-like customer services. We are very thankful that we have a chance to share our passion for food with our supportive local customers and all tourists.
Kimberling City, Missouri, United States
“A Pleasant Surprise in Branson Dining”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

A friend told us about this little sushi place on the strip just west of Dixie Stampede and Dick Clark's. We finally decided to drive over there and we are now hooked. We live on Table Rock Lake and used to drive all the way to Springfield to get quality sushi. However, the drive to Springfield is no longer necessary. Roman and Kate serve up some the freshest and tastiest sushi we've had in a long time and it is so nice only having to drive to Branson. My wife and I consider ourselves sushi foodies and have enjoyed Japanese cuisine from Texas to Kansas City and this place far exceeds anything we've had. They also have a nice menu with some pretty awesome items to choose from. I highly recommend giving them a try. You won't regret it!

Branson, Missouri
“WOW, The BEST sushi I have had EVER!!!!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

WOW, WOW, WOW is all I can say. This is the best Sushi I have had EVER. The edamame was fantastic. I wont tell you their secret, you just have to try it;)

I had a spicy yellowtail that was to die for!!!!

The food was sooooo fresh and yummy. The staff/service was EXELLENT!!

The atmosphere was wonderful and presentation was fabulous!!!!

I have plans to visit tomorrow and next week too and am sure i will make plans for the week after!!

3 Thank BransonResident
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprising find in Branson.”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Late in the afternoon, drove in, unpacked and didn't know anything about Branson. We checked in to the room and we are looking for good food. Found THIS place. Kate, the owner, was so kind and the food was lovely. Highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Z3bra
Florida
“Walk n Roll”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We walked into Mitsu Neku as a group of 4 adults and 2 children and rolled out stuffed !! We couldn't stop eating the food, it was so good. Shrimp tempura, edamame prepared with a roasted sesame oil, spicy tuna, Salmon, even a meat stuffed type of ravioli dish (Russian in origin). Some of the freshest Sushi we had experienced. Even my brother, who doesn't like fish, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Even the bathrooms were cool with LED lit faucets that changed color.

Kate and Roman were spectacular hosts/chef.

This small restuarant is tucked away in a small strip mall. You have to be on the look-out when trying to find it, but you will not be disappointed!!

3 Thank Jagz_Fan
“Maybe a bad experience?”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I LOVE sushi. We eat it way too much! We moved to Branson last year and we go to Sushi House and Wakyoto all the time, so we thought we would try Mitsu Neko to see how it was. I have to say the atmosphere was kind of dark, but it was pretty cool. The service was VERY good. The waitresses were really friendly and helpful. After we ordered, we waited for about 20 minutes for our sushi, which was kind of ridiculous because they weren't busy at all. When we finally got our sushi, we couldn't believe how small the pieces were. Very disappointing. The taste was average, like grocery store sushi. Our check was way too much to get only two different kinds of average sushi.
I hate giving negative reviews, but we went here for the purpose of comparing this place to the others. There is no competition! Sushi House is still number one! We decided to go back sometime soon to see if maybe we just had a bad experience. Hopefully a second try while change our minds :)

1 Thank chlsdm