“What a dissapointment”

Suites at Fall Creek
Ranked #65 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed May 28, 2008

Last September, I recieved a call from Diamond Resorts, stating my family was "chosen" for a wonderful vacation at a 5 star resort. The representative told me that for a mere 279.00, I could stay at a deluxe 2BR resort for 4 days and 3 nights with wonderful amenities and close to 2 amusement parks. As i have 4 children who range from 7-15, it sounded like a great opportunity. I was told i needed to attend a short 90 minute no obligation timeshare but would recieve gifts at the end. So I paid and made reservations at that time for a Memorial weekend family getaway. When we arrived at the 4pm checkin time, we were given room 4 building 4. The place had a mildewed smell, and the tubs were dirty. There was a small lake less than 300 feet from the building, but when the kids went to investigate, 2 of them stepped in dog feces; It was all around the backyard patio. After an 8 hour drive, my oldest went to take a shower but the water turned ice cold after less than 10 minutes, and this was a normal occurrance for the duration of the stay. There were two children that looked less than 10 who were next to our room that ran around all night , screaming and cursing. We took the children to both the indoor and outdoor pools, which were nice but a bit crowded with unsupervised children. the next day, before the time share presentation, we met with other people who stated they were in these wonderful deluxe rooms with plasma tvs and for less than 200 for a week stay, they had been offered plus 100.00 and free show tickets to attend the presentaion. I started to become angry. We told the rep in the beginning of our presentation about the problems and he stated we were in a building that was not a time share building or a deluxe 2br, but one that is rented out by someone. He said the resort was double-booked and we must have been put there because of that. I explained Id made this reservation over 8 months earlier, but he just went into his speech. I was just getting more and more angry. I then asked him to show me what a "deluxe" 2BR was. He showed us this amazing model, with a FP and eurpoean shower; all that id been promised initially. He then started to badger me about this 25+ thousand timeshare package and Id had it. I walked out, collected my children and went back to the room. My husband filed a complaint about our room and when he went to collect the "gifts" it was basically a worthless coupon book. I do not advise going to this resort unless you are sure you will be in a deluxe and insist immediately to be moved if you get stuck like we did. We did not know what the options were out there, and when we did request to be moved, we were told basically since we were not purchasing the timeshare, the owners of the timeshares needed those rooms. I will never go back to this place.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank missdjv

Reviewed March 12, 2008

This was my second stay at this property and I am very happy to report that this experience was much better than the first!

The first stay was in August '07 in a studio unit in one of the older buildings. The walls were paper thin and we could hear cupboard doors banging, dishes clattering, tv's playing and even distinct conversations from neighbouring rooms. It was almost laughable! I did not write a review at that time but would have to say that I couldn't have given the experience more than one star. The staff, however, was very friendly and we attended a timeshare presentation at which time we were shown the new suites being brought into inventory.

We decided for this latest trip in March '08, that we would give The Suites another try but this time we would book into a "Deluxe" 2 bedroom unit which was in one of the newer buildings. We were travelling with my inlaws and they were very impressed with the accommodations and we were very happy to see that it was exactly as the show unit had been presented last summer. The furnishings, beds and linens are first class and the construction appears to be much better than the older units (only the occasional foot fall heard from the unit above). The floorplan of the unit is great in that the 2 bedrooms are at opposite ends of the unit....not side by side as in many suites.

We stayed 5 nights and there was no housekeeping but there were amply towels and a washer/dryer in suite had we needed to launder anything.

The kitchen was well equipped...granite counters, stainless appliances. We needed a couple of minor things attended to by maintenace (light bulbs, GFI reset) and they were there to fix things up within 5 minutes of our request.

The unit had 3 large flat screen tv's and we had free wireless in the room as well. We enjoyed the gas fireplace as it was still pretty cool there at this time of the year.

We were asked if we would like to attend another timeshare presentation in order to get free show tickets but when we declined we were not hassled or contacted again.

The property is a few minutes drive to the main strip in Branson..perhaps 15 minutes to old Branson or Branson Landing. The traffic in the summer is dreadful along the strip but you can find back streets to avoid the congestion. I liked the location as it was away from the hustle and bustle. We did not take advantage of many ot the amenities offered at the resort as we were there to visit family, primarily, and to see a couple of shows.

I can definitely recommend the "Deluxe" units but would warn anyone away from the units in the older buildings.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank rudycan
Reviewed December 30, 2007

My inlaws asked that we take them to Branson for their ninth visit to Branson to celebrate their 50th anniversary and we all totally enjoyed our stay in OUR specific unit. The two bedrooms had full spa baths and the place was huge. The furniture in our unit was very nice and we all felt right at home. We have stayed here (in another section) before and this was my inlaw's third stay at this property and each time the stay and service was satisfactory. Of course we did not use any of the property's quirks (pool, etc.) b/c we came to see Branson - and we were not disappointed.

The only possible thing I might ask is for the property to add free wifi. Heck even the Motel 6 (and other lesser priced inn's) in Branson offers free wi fi and although we were told we could use the wifi at the office, this was not convenient.

Otherwise, we are coming back without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Larsrob
Reviewed November 18, 2007

Due to negative reviews, I worried for weeks about the condition of the property - we were bringing dear friends with us and would have been so embarrassed if the place was intolerable as had been stated. I took one reviewer's advice and called the reservation department sharing my concerns and requesting a quiet 4th floor unit far away from daily activities/programs - they were wonderful about giving us a unit way down by the water - very private. I was so nervous opening the unit door for our first glimpse of reality. I can't tell you how relieved I was!!! We were very, very pleased with our accommodations - fresh, crisp linens clean bathroom facilities-- kitchen appliances (look for extra clean towels under bathroom vanity), and carpeting & furniture was just fine. The only negative things I found were a couple broken floor tiles - nothing even worth mentioning to management... most of us have a couple broken somethings around home, don't we? (FYI - An $8,000,000 renovation is planned within the next year, so that will certainly take care of not-so-new furniture/carpeting complaints from previous vacationers.)

Our reception by Fall Creek Plantation employees was just fine - excellent compared to the statements left by previous vacationers. Did they try to make a little $$$ on us by "updating" our Sunterra/Diamond membership? Yes. But we could have said "no." Besides, the 90 minute review/update benefitted us by $100. :) Would we agree to the "update" again? No.

Don't be afraid to exchange to Fall Creek Plantation. By next year at this time, after the scheduled renovations are finished, it should be absolutely perfect. We always enjoy Branson and would not hesitate at all to return to FCP.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
6  Thank mimamama
Reviewed September 2, 2007

We had seen the poor reviews and were initially concerned about what we would find. Yet our concerns dissolved when we saw the condo. We had a ground-level, wheelchair-accessible A/B unit near one of the outdoor pools and within a quick walk to the activities center. The rooms were spacious and generally clean and, although outdated, the furniture was still in good repair. Except for the intermittent sound of running water or movement upstairs, the unit was very quiet. The staff were polite and responsive to queries. The location provided easy access to Branson/family activities, but was not in the middle of town. Parking may be an issue during peak season for those needing a parking space with wheelchair access. Those with units on upper floors may not appreciate needing to climb stairs. We definitely are considering going back next year!

3  Thank DisplacedYankee
Reviewed August 13, 2007

We (my husband, daughter-8, son-4, mom-64, dad-66 and myself) arrived to check into our condo at 3:30 pm. We were told to come back in 30 minutes and our room would be ready. We arrived back at 4:00 PM, which was the scheduled check in time, we were told it would be another 30 minutes. Once we were able to check in, no one apologized for the wait. The clerk at the desk kept mumbling like Charlie Brown's teacher. We finally had to tell him to speak up. We could not understand him.

Once we arrived to our room which was not "walking distance to the pool" the door to the condo was wide open. It was 100 degrees out side. We went inside and things seemed to be in place, but they had not dusted in over 4 weeks. We could sign our names in the dust. We went to turn on the air conditioner. It was broke. It never got below 87 degrees in the condo. We called the front desk and told them our problem. They said they would send a maintainence person some time tonight. We told them we wanted a person now! They said they would work on it. An hour later, he finally arrived and said yes the air was not working. Well DUH!!!!!!! He told us to contact Sherri, the manager. She said nothing about being sorry for inconvenience. She said she would check to see if she had anything else for us and call us back. In the mean time, we were in limbo waiting for her to call back, in a room that was 87+ degrees and it was over 100 degrees outside. We finally had to call her back becasue she did not call us (30 minutes later). She said she had something and to come to the front desk in 15 minutes! We loaded everything back up and hauled it back down 2 flights of stairs with no help from the staff.

Once we arrived at the front desk, the clerk asked us what we needed. Sherri motioned to the clerk with out stepping out from her office, and gave him the new room keys for us. Once again, NO APOLOGIES! We drove back to our new condo, which they said was by the pool too. They failed to let us know that pool was closed. It was closed becuase it was still under construction!

Our room was now on the 3rd floor, once again, no one to help us haul all of our things up stairs in 100+ degree weather!

Once inside, the air worked, FINALLY! The furniture had some holes, the pillows were as thin as sheets of paper, and the dishwaher knob was stuck. They tell you to leave the dishwasher running to wash the dishes you used, upon check out. We almost broke out wrist trying to turn the dishwasher knob in order to comply with their cleaning requests. They do not have daily maid service for your towels. You have to bring them to the front desk to change them out or you wash them your self! I did not realize I became a member of their cleaning staff and paid them too.

The deck was very greasy from the barbecue pit which is easily tracked everywhere!

If you just need a place to stay and don't care about courtesy or accomodations then this is the place for you. Otherwise, I would definitely think twice about staying here.

When we checked out we even brought all of these things to their attention, and once again....no one ever apologized! They just do not care. They just want your money.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
9  Thank ladybug0603
Reviewed August 13, 2007

After viewing negative reviews, our family was very pleased on our lodging for 4 nights. We stayed in a spacious 1 bedroom condo and had an end unit. The unit was very clean and much larger than we anticipated. As we preferred a large condo with no daily housekeeping to choosing a different hotel with a much smaller room with housekeeping, we simply went to the front desk to exchange towels and get any other supplies that were needed. It was no big deal to drive 1 minute to the swimming pool that some people complained about in other reviews. Walls in the condo were thin, but that is the case in most hotels too. Other families we met were also very pleased with their accomodations. We were informed about the time share presentations upon check-in and were told to simply contact them if interested, but we never did. Staff was very polite and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family