We just spent a week at Falls Creek. We were there from March 9th till March 16th. It is a very large area. The property is a little drive from the main area in Branson. There is a section that is privately owned condos (I believe) that you need to drive past before you get to the buildings where we were staying.. There is also a marina & an area for camping. They are close, but not right next to the building we stayed in. We were in the back part of the property, on the 4th floor & had a view of the lake. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment.
I read in a different review that the resort is in the middle of a trailer park. There is an area you drive past with some mobile homes, but I did not consider that we were in a trailer park. From what we saw, they looked very nice & you do not drive thru them, unless go get off the main road & then drive thru them. We thought we had a scenic view, but as the old saying says "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". We did not have any issues with our apartment. Everything worked well, furniture was nice, linens were very nice, no smells. Everytime you were outside you saw maintence people coming or going.
We liked the location. The building we were in was a little over 1/2 mile from the enterance. The apartment was very nice. We had a full kitchen, dishwasher, frig had an ice maker, we had a washer & dryer. There were two large flat screens tv's. One in the living room & one in the bedroom. We also had a dvd player. There were over 600 free movies you could use.
We enjoyed the screened in balcony. We did not have the best view of the lake, but still had a view. It was nice having coffee in the moring on the balcony or sitting there anytime watching the squirrels & birds. There were sliding glass door in the living room for the balcony and also a door in the bedroom. It was a little chilly. I had taken a throw with me. It came in handy in the mornings.
We did go to their timeshare presentaion. We went the 1st morning to get it over with. It was raining that day, so it really wasn't a real nice day anyway. Of course, it lasted way to long. We got a couple gift cards & then also received some discounts for tickets we bought from the resort.
My only complaint about the resort was the wifi. I knew about this before I went, so I guess I really should not complain. You have to pay $6.95 a day, I guess that is not really a bad price. I do not have to have the internet to survive, but I do like to check my emial a few times when I am away for a week. Usually nothing important, but mainly just to clean it out.I have stayed in a couple other timeshares & wifi was either free or there was a hotstop someplace you could go to access internet. I should say someplace close. There are 2 free computers in the main building that you can use 1/2 hour a day. I just went there one time. It was over 1/2 mile away & they real pretty slow, but it was free. There not not a hotspot either.
I did go to the pool. It is inside. I was surprised that it was so large. The water was cold for me, so I just use the hottub. There were a couple familes with small kids, so of course, the kids had no problem.
It is a very nice resort. I would also say that it is very family or kid frindly. We were surprised how many cars were there considering the time of the year. Every week during the month of March is springbreak somewhere, so that probably explains the cars. They were from all over the US. We had no problems, did not hear anyone near us, other than one time when we were on the balcony. We could not see the neighbors, but heard them.
I hope to be able to return in the fall. I think it will be beautiful then. I was surprised to see all the people trout fishing on the lake behind us. We would see several boats every day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our family-friendly all suite resort has it all. Choose from a one - three bedroom condo with fully equipped kitchens and family sized living rooms. Relax in one of our two pools or work out in our fitness center. We are just minutes from the best music shows, great dining or shopping and are located on the shore of beautiful Lake Taneycomo. We also offer on-site marina, mini golf, playground, shuffleboard, basketball, tennis, concierge service and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Vacatia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Suites at Fall Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suites At Fall Creek Hotel Branson
- Hotel At Fall Creek
- Resort At Fall Creek
- Plantation Fall Creek
- Sunterra Resort Branson Missouri