“Large resort, very nice”

Suites at Fall Creek
Ranked #70 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Taylorville, Illinois
“Large resort, very nice”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We just spent a week at Falls Creek. We were there from March 9th till March 16th. It is a very large area. The property is a little drive from the main area in Branson. There is a section that is privately owned condos (I believe) that you need to drive past before you get to the buildings where we were staying.. There is also a marina & an area for camping. They are close, but not right next to the building we stayed in. We were in the back part of the property, on the 4th floor & had a view of the lake. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment.

I read in a different review that the resort is in the middle of a trailer park. There is an area you drive past with some mobile homes, but I did not consider that we were in a trailer park. From what we saw, they looked very nice & you do not drive thru them, unless go get off the main road & then drive thru them. We thought we had a scenic view, but as the old saying says "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". We did not have any issues with our apartment. Everything worked well, furniture was nice, linens were very nice, no smells. Everytime you were outside you saw maintence people coming or going.

We liked the location. The building we were in was a little over 1/2 mile from the enterance. The apartment was very nice. We had a full kitchen, dishwasher, frig had an ice maker, we had a washer & dryer. There were two large flat screens tv's. One in the living room & one in the bedroom. We also had a dvd player. There were over 600 free movies you could use.

We enjoyed the screened in balcony. We did not have the best view of the lake, but still had a view. It was nice having coffee in the moring on the balcony or sitting there anytime watching the squirrels & birds. There were sliding glass door in the living room for the balcony and also a door in the bedroom. It was a little chilly. I had taken a throw with me. It came in handy in the mornings.

We did go to their timeshare presentaion. We went the 1st morning to get it over with. It was raining that day, so it really wasn't a real nice day anyway. Of course, it lasted way to long. We got a couple gift cards & then also received some discounts for tickets we bought from the resort.

My only complaint about the resort was the wifi. I knew about this before I went, so I guess I really should not complain. You have to pay $6.95 a day, I guess that is not really a bad price. I do not have to have the internet to survive, but I do like to check my emial a few times when I am away for a week. Usually nothing important, but mainly just to clean it out.I have stayed in a couple other timeshares & wifi was either free or there was a hotstop someplace you could go to access internet. I should say someplace close. There are 2 free computers in the main building that you can use 1/2 hour a day. I just went there one time. It was over 1/2 mile away & they real pretty slow, but it was free. There not not a hotspot either.

I did go to the pool. It is inside. I was surprised that it was so large. The water was cold for me, so I just use the hottub. There were a couple familes with small kids, so of course, the kids had no problem.

It is a very nice resort. I would also say that it is very family or kid frindly. We were surprised how many cars were there considering the time of the year. Every week during the month of March is springbreak somewhere, so that probably explains the cars. They were from all over the US. We had no problems, did not hear anyone near us, other than one time when we were on the balcony. We could not see the neighbors, but heard them.

I hope to be able to return in the fall. I think it will be beautiful then. I was surprised to see all the people trout fishing on the lake behind us. We would see several boats every day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mkb607
diamondresorts, Manager at Suites at Fall Creek, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your time taken to post such a positive and detailed review. It is great to read that you were overall satisfied with our service and facilities and we truly appreciate your comments. We are looking forward to being of service to you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We were in a 1 bedroom condo, with a studio connected. With only a door with a latch in between, our first night we were serenaded with a loud TV, in the studio, when my wife knocked on the door at 11:30 pm. The door actually pushed open! If I were those people I would have been worried that someone could turn a latch and be in there room! Even though it was non-smoking rooms our " neighbors" we're smoking like a chimney. We talked to the front desk and they offered to move us to a lake view condo, actually was not a lake view, and do you know what a pain it is to move after you have already settled in. If I were a Diamond club member I would not have been impressed with this resort. We did like Branson however.

Room Tip: Eat at Rib Crib, and go ride the ducks!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
diamondresorts, Manager at Suites at Fall Creek, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. We apologise for issues you have experienced during your stay, should you have mentioned the faulty lock to our maintenance team, they would have done their best to rectify this situation as soon as possible. We are also sorry for any inconvenience you have experienced due to your neighbours’ smoking, we indeed have a non-smoking policy and we always hope that our smoking guests will show consideration for their fellow travellers; we regret to read this was not the case on this occasion. We regret that changing apartments was not a potential solution for you, yet we appreciate that it once settled it is not ideal to pack and move. We do hope that above issues have not marred your stay or will deter you from considering us for your future bookings.

Travelers are raving about these Branson hotels

Evans, Ga
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We have stayed at resorts all over the country and this one ranks on the bottom. First of all the location is terrible. It is located in the middle of a trailer park and surrounded by apartment buildings, so don't believe anything about a scenic view. What were they thinking when they built this place? They charge for internet access and the amenities are poor at best. The buildings are in disrepair ( ex; kitchen cabinets falling apart, stove burners nonfunctioning, low water pressure, rugs tattered and dirty, cheap furniture) and the rooms smell like mothballs as soon as you walk in; like they are trying to cover something up (smokers?). Cleanliness leaves a lot to be desired. The walls are very thin and you can hear your neighbors breathing. The window dressings permit too much light in at night and the place is lit up like a Christmas tree. You can hardly tell you turned off the lights. Privacy was not a consideraqtion when they designed the buildings because the walkways are narrow and you can see right into the rooms as you pass by on your way to your suite. The stairwells cause the whole building to reverberate with footsteps anytime someone uses them. If this is an example of what Diamond Resorts has to offer then I certainly will not consider purchasing one from Diamond. I can't believe they would even want to show this place to anyone. They must be writting their own reviews because I don't see how anyone could even begin to consider this place a resort of even marginal quality.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else. This is not a resort. They aren't even good apartments. Substandard.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank denlap
We regret that you appear not to have enjoyed your stay at The Suites at Fall Creek. We are a little surprised to read about the disappointment you have experienced with regards to our location, as we have indeed had a very positive feedback and our guests describing the resort as scenic and peaceful. We receive a lot of compliments referring to the grounds’ landscaping as well. Nevertheless, we are sorry if we have not fulfilled your expectations.

We would like to assure you that we do not submit reviews for our own properties; what you read is a genuine feedback from satisfied customers and we are disappointed to read that you do not share their opinion. We wish you all the best on your future travels.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The suites only cost what you'd pay for a hotel/motel but you get much more. Everything in Branson shuts down in bad weather and we were very happy to be staying in one of the Fall Creek suites in a snow storm. The pool, free DVDs and activity center provided entertainment; the small kitchen was adequate for our needs; and the spacious room was very comfortable. Winter is a slow time in Branson and if you stay here, you'll have plenty to do, even in February. Staff was very accommodating.

Room Tip: Suites have either a sleep sofa or a deck. Ask for the one that meets your space needs and is most b...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Carthage, Mo
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We got a living social deal for the 1 bedroom studio. The room was great, everyone was pretty nice to us while we were there. The only complaint was that we had some loud people as our neighbors, but other then that I thought it was great! Next time we want to get the 1 bedroom condo though, we got to see it and it looked awesome!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
diamondresorts, Manager at Suites at Fall Creek, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your words of appreciation, although we are sorry to read that you have experienced some noise related issues. We would like to assure you that our team members treat any loudness complaints very seriously and should you have contacted the reception we would have addressed this problem instantaneously. Nevertheless, we are glad you had an otherwise enjoyable time here with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I planned a 3-day weekend trip for next weekend. I had already booked a room at another hotel. However, when I saw a livingsocial deal online for this resort, I decided to book with them instead. I called the number listed on the website and the lady said she couldn't book it and gave me an 800 number (might I add that she was NOT polite nor willing to help in the least). I've called it 3 times and set on hold for 20 minutes each time and no one has even answered the phone. All I've gotten is a recording. I guess we'll stick with our original plan, probably for the best. These people obviously don't want our business.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
diamondresorts, Manager at Suites at Fall Creek, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
We always strive to deliver exceptional hospitality and customer service to each and every guest that contacts us over the phone. The 1st number and conversation you detail was more than likely with Living Social, as they do not actually book reservations for our resort; which is why the person you spoke to gave you another number. The second number you called, and were placed on hold, was more than likely to our Rentals department, which is handled by our management company, Diamond Resorts. They handle booking requests for these Living Social deals for our resort. Due to the popularity of these Living Social deals, along with other offers that can be found, this department is experiencing heavy call volume. If you are willing to give this department a call back, we are confident that you will be able to experience exceptional Customer Service that our management company is known for. We wish you the best on all your future travels.
Lawrence, Kansas, United States
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I will start out saying that when the hotel responds to someone's complaints on here it just makes them sound worse, so I think the "manager" should just not bother.
It started great til I checked in. I was not aware of the 250.00 deposit that is required if you don't own one of their timeshares. I came into this vacation with a set budget and when I was told that all my food money for the entire trip was going to be held up with their dump deposit, I had to call my mother for a loan just so we could go to walmart to buy food and cook in the room. So much for a vacation, I could have done that at home! As soon as I am done checking out this guy hassles me probably 5 times in a 24 hour period to buy a timeshare and go to a stupid meeting which sounded good since I needed money then. I was about to tell him that I was in til he asked me about the required minimum yearly income. If you have to make like 50k per year to buy a timeshare should that not be your first question before you hassle someone, call their room and leave messages, call my cell phone, etc before you ask me this oh so important question!!!!!??????
Parking here sucks big time!!!! I came in car that I had only had for 3 months prior to this and there is no parking here at all unless your willing park like 1/2 inch from someone else who you cant trust not to dent your car. There are LOUD parties going on at all hours of the night outside so that is probably why everyone complains on here that they can't sleep. All of the guests that don't care about no one else buy beer and have loud parties right outside their room every night. We did not use the restaurant since the hotel had all my money!!!!!
The room we got was clean and ended up being nice but the added cost of the deposit, the parking, and the rudeness of the other guests makes me want to agree with the others on here.
STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Sarah T
diamondresorts, Manager at Suites at Fall Creek, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
We appreciate your feedback about responding to other reviews that are submitted through this website. The majority of comments we have received from other guests and viewers of this website have reacted favorably to the responses we have provided to reviews, regardless of whether they are positive, negative, or neutral. As such, we will continue to respond to these reviews as necessary. We are very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations in regard to Customer Service, and Check In experience, and that you were disappointed with your stay. It has always been our goal to deliver exceptional hospitality and offer quality accommodations to each guest that stays with us. Please be aware that a prepaid deposit to cover potential damage(s) or theft(s) from a unit is required for all guests regardless of how the unit was paid for. These types of deposits are very commonplace in the resort industry and are used as a deterrent for guests to cause damage or theft to their unit(s). By limiting these types of costs to the resort, we pass on the savings to our guests. We are truly sorry if you feel you were not given proper notice that this is a required deposit. Your deposit is returned to you once we have properly checked your unit to make sure nothing was stolen or damaged. We try our best to advise 3rd party booking websites to advise their users that this deposit is mandatory at the time of check in, and that we our primarily a Vacation Ownership Resort. Please be aware that attending a presentation is not mandatory. We will make sure to look into your complaint about the aggressiveness of one of our employees in regard to your sales presentation. It is very concerning to read that you experienced several noise issues during your stay. Our front desk and security staff takes these types of complaints very seriously, and when notified, will make sure that these noise issues cease immediately. We are unaware of any issues with parking here at The Suites at Fall Creek either at the time of your stay, or right now. Our security staff would be more than happy to assist any of our guests with finding parking here. We hope you are willing to give us a second chance and stay at our resort again, as we are very confident that you will be pleasantly surprised at the improvements that have been made since your last stay. Your business with us is sincerely appreciated and we wish you the best on all your future travels.