“Stay only if you get good room rate, otherwise drive on.”

Suites at Fall Creek
Ranked #66 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Kansas City, MO
“Stay only if you get good room rate, otherwise drive on.”
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Staying at this hotel is all about how much the room is.  If I paid  the summer rates, I would have not been happy with it.  We had two rooms.  Found a loaf of super old bread in one.  It was very moldy and clearly had been there for a long time.  Carpet was very worn and had a large tear.  The blinds  were old,  bent and need to be replaced, and whole blind thing was not very well thought out when they opted for no curtains.  If you have trouble sleeping when it is bright for you, this is not the place for you....  Little freezer in fridge had not been defrosted for a very long time.  Normally this is not a big deal to me, but at this hotel, they shut off the ice machines in winter.  You can only get ice from front desk.  Again, normally not a huge issue but the main building (which is also where the indoor pool is, by the way) is not even remotely close to the rooms, so you can't just run up there when you want some.  Have to drive quite a ways.  (Sometimes front desk could not give you ice, so had to wait for security to deliver it to your room after driving up to get some. )  So, i mentioned indoor pool was not close.  That is the least of your worries if you have small kids and it is cold out.   Be prepared, the bathroom for pool is not in pool area.  You have to go outside to get to it.  So if one of your little kiddos needs to tinkle and you don't want to leave anyone unsupervised, you  have to pull them all out of the pool and drag them out in the cold to the other building for the restroom.  They deserve a refund from whoever designed that.  Clearly it was someone without children who wanted to swim in a pool full of pee.  Who wants to drag kids out of pool...  Also pool area was not too warm nor was pool for any adults I was with.
  We also wanted to change our reservation twice while we were there.  No one at front desk could help us even though one of changes was just to add a day.  I am not exaggerating when I say we were on hold for over 45 minutes with service.  If I was subjected to this as part of time share member I would have been furious to say the least.  Guy told us there were only two of them for booking reservations.  crazy considering they were working for several diamond resort  properties.
  It was also pretty warm that week and the air didn't work in one of rooms so that was also not good.
Also be careful driving through there.  Stuff  is not painted or marked.  It took us until the last day there to find our building without issue.  Also people fly through there.  They share the road with a trailer park and on more than one occasion we were almost hit by someone flying through there going to the trailer park.  Also they have this triangular median as you turn in that needs to be painted!!!!  We drove over it once and witnessed another car hitting it and messing up their car while we were there.  We had SUV so didn't damage ours but would have had we been driving a car.
  So why would I stay again???  Beds were excellent, the rates were killer with our groupon, they have this entertainment room with scheduled activities and they give out these great coupon books which last for a year and those were great also.  Not sure those are enough pros to win me over.

• Stayed December 2011
5 Thank angiinkc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Room 1. Right away when we got to our room it smelled musty/mold. After being in the room for 10 minutes my wife couldn't stop sneezing and my daughter's eyes turned red and were running. Called the front desk and in 15 minutes they moved us. They did a great job and were very polite. (later we found out that some of the buildings had been flooded from the lake).

Room 2. Had to knock down spider webs around the staircases and walkways to get to the room.
Several lights in the bathroom were out. Took maintenance 2 days to get to it.
Family of five but we could only take 2 showers before the hot water was gone.
Bathtub was disgusting. Some of the dishes were dirty, room was dusty.

Pool was peeling and had too much chemicals. Bathrooms in the pool area were dirty.

New Year's Eve the activities were disorganized and some of the staff were rude to my children and wife.

Attended an update because we were interested in Cruises and HOA dues with our ILX property Diamond took over.
Asked for a some written info on how the cruises work and wend straight into how we didn't have enough points and need to buy more. The lady was rude and kept interrupting us when we were talking and didn't answer our questions.
Talked down to my wife like she was ignorant. Sat waiting 20-30 minutes while they had to look up info on our account.
Came back answered some of our questions on the ILX and starting talking about buying more points but still hadn't given us any info on the cruises. Told us we couldn't even look at the bookings online for 2 bed units at places because we didn't have enough points. I
explained to her that we could and she started arguing with me that I was wrong. I finally had to pull up my phone and show her that
i could. She said that it would be going away soon. Brought over a manager to offer more points and pricing and by that time were we so frustrated we said no thank you. But we would still like the info on the cruises the lady said that we could look it up online.
Then they brought in a another person to to offer us info on a one time sampler points purchase. We explained we wanted info on the cruises. She went over and in 60 seconds had a 2 page info sheet that answered all the questions we had been trying to get answered last hour. She was a lot nicer then the other lady and we considered trying the sampler package for a Hawaii trip (since the sampler didn't work for cruises). The sampler was 15,000 10,000 or 7500 point packages. We wanted 7500 but then they said we couldn't use those for Hawaii. We had to buy 10,000 to use them for Hawaii. The package of info on the sampler didn't say that and no one could find in writing where that was the case.
Extremely frustrating.

Room Tip: Rooms by the lake were supposedly flooded over the summer.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank jasonsF6157MS
St. Louis USA
Reviewed January 5, 2012

This was a decent place to stay in Branson for a long weekend. We were there on New Year's weekend so the place wasn't very crowded so it was generally quiet. I suspect though that the walls are probably pretty thin. We had a family above us and we could hear the little one running back and forth in the room. I'll bet if it's crowded that you would hear room noise from all directions.

The studio room we had was decent and comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised that there were no extra charges for anything such as extra towel service.

Although there is no daily room service, you can get clean towels and extra supplies with a simple phone call. The activity room in the main building has hundreds of DVDs that are available for free rental as well as games and such.

The indoor pool and hottub are excellent for the winter months. Towels are supplied.

The walkways to the room are brightly lit, but that's a bad thing at night. There are no curtains over the windows to block all this bright light, only blinds which don't block enough of the light.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank travel0723
Mesquite, Nevada
Reviewed December 27, 2011

This was a very unpleasant place to stay. I had just come from a stay at the Marriott Willow Ridge which was excellent. The outside of the prioperty was very old and the siding was cracked in several places. I arrived at 10:00 (which was earlier than the 4:00 checkin) but they said they would put me on a priority clean which would not take long. Four hours later they had my room and said the cleaning staff was confused about what "priority clean" meant. The outside door of my room looked like it had not been painted for many years. The door jamb was gouged and unpainted. On first inspection the room seemed adequate but when I got to the bedroom there was no luggage rack or furniture for my luggage. I had to put the luggage on the floor, The bathroom looked like something out of the 80's. The shower unit was moldy, the faucets were so old and worn you could not even read the hot and cold symbols. Most distressing was the fact that there was no blow dryer anywhere in the unit. I have traveled extensively and have not stayed at a facility in the last 20 years that did not have a wall mounted blow dryer. The TV in the unit had no HD channels and reception was fuzzy, sort of like analog used to be in the old days. This is a Diamond Resorts facility and my experience was so unsatifactory we are considering selling our ownership.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Diana P
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Booked a room online ahead of time. However when we arrived they had no record of our reservation. They said they were Fully booked, but were able to put us in one of there one bedroom timeshare condos they had on property. They condo was very spacious with nice furnishings. The place was clean except for the jets in the whirlpool.
The next morning when we went to check out they had no record of us ever checking in. Hmmm.
Not sure were their missing communication link is.
This seems Like a nice place, and would be willing to give it a second try.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Katrina1415
Cedar Hill, Missouri
Reviewed December 10, 2011

We just got back from a trip to branson staying in the resort there, our sheets on our bed were filthy I wish I could show the pics. we were kept up late by noise then woke up at 6;00 am by an employee staying above us. We were treated as second class by the employee's it was like once they had your money they want nothing to do with you. I was told not to touch the COMPLIMENTARY COFFEE. Yeh, right. while sitting in lobby 3 other elderly couples arrived from a long drive & were told "Leave us your cell no. we will call when your room is ready" Now I might be wrong but if you have a reservation I think your room should be ready when you arrive no matter what time you get there. I should mention they are not pet friendly. Even if it is service dogs. I have Photo's of the stains on our bed I will add when I can download.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Kelly M
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We stayed here over Thanksgiving and absolutely loved the accommodations! We got a great rate and the studio rooms were wonderful. They're located just a few miles from the strip. The front desk staff were very friendly. We will be back!

• Stayed November 2011