“Wouldn't let me order what I wanted”
Review of Doc's Hickory Roadhouse - CLOSED

Doc's Hickory Roadhouse
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: WE'RE SMOKIN' BBQ Ribs, Brisket, Pork Turkey... Slow smoked the way Grandma used to do it over real hickory... Doc's Barbeque Sauce is rated in the top ten Best Barbeque Sauces of Kansas City out of 200 Sauces! All our meats are prepared in house, using our own General Managers SECRET Rubs, All of our meats are smoked in Doc's smoker aka Grandmas smoker, and our ribs are NEVER served with a knife they are tender and fall off the bone good. We offer Bransons only food challenge known as the heartstopper. We offer cobbler and Cheesecake Factory Desserts. Full Bar perfect for Large Parties, TOGO, Meat by the Pound, Catered Events, Large Groups and date nights. Come on down and see us we are located about a mile south of Hwy 76 on Hwy 165. Just past falls park on the left hand side on the way to Table Rock Lake and The Chateau on the Lake. Or just follow the smoke and smell of real authentic pit BBQ. See you soon
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Wouldn't let me order what I wanted”
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

First of all, this is not the place that we came to 3 years ago with an awesome menu with several items. This menu had 2 pages. Being in the mood for the fried clams I had once enjoyed here a few years ago, nothing on the current menu sounded super great. So I decided I would just order the child's chicken strips dinner. The description said "our world famous chicken strips served with French fries or apple sauce." When the waitress arrived to take our order I stated that I wanted the chicken strips, but asked if I could purchase a baked potato for extra instead of the fries or apple sauce. She immediately got a tone with me and told me no I cannot have that. she then added that "technically" she cannot even serve me the chicken strips because I'm not a child. So I asked well where is the adult portion of these "world famous chicken strips" in which she proceeded to tell me there was no adult portion.... Wondering why they are world famous yet you can only eat them if you are 12???? So i quickly decided on the catfish dinner which was a decent meal, just much too big of a portion for what I was in the mood for. The food was okay- we will just probably never eat here again. Go to Shorty Smalls for barbecue.

Branson, Missouri
“Average at best”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Ate on a wednesday evening at 6:30 and we almost had the place to ourselves. When the parking lot is almost empty, it makes you wonder if you should go in. Food was ok but I have had better at many places in town. The people working there appeared to be very bored. And to me it was all over priced. I live in Branson and found no reason to return.

• Visited May 2014
“Great experience”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My husband and I visited. I was so happy to see smoked turkey on the menu since I can't eat beef or pork. It was delicious with or without the yummy bbq sauce. My husband did have the pork and was similarly impressed. The staff was friendly and quick. We would definitely visit again.

Visited May 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely the best smoked BBQ ribs I have ever eaten.”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

If not for Docs advertisement and coupons in the booklets, My husband and I would never have known about this place. It is located off the main road, but well worth the drive. The smoker was smoking, as we pulled in, we noticed the awsome smokey smell.
All staff was friendly, and helpful. We ordered ribs, fried okra, and fries. The plate comes with toasted bread. Ribs cooked to perfection, tender smokey meat served with their homeade BBQ sauce. Okra tasted like it was freshly cut from the garden.
This was the best place place to eat in town. We enjoyed it so much that we went again the last day of our vacation.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Sk6jeffers
Manhattan, Kansas
“Great BBQ!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Had the pulled pork sandwich with slaw. Stole some of my husbands fries and a couple spoonfuls of his baked beans. Everything I had here was good. Fried pickles were good.... Matter of fact.... Even the pickles accompanying my sandwich were good! Several in our group had burgers too. We just saw this place as we drove by and decided to stop for lunch - So glad we did. Would def recommend. Perfect amount of food. Not too much. Not too little. Just right. Good tasting sauce too!!

• Visited April 2014