“excellent food and service”
Review of Doc's Hickory Roadhouse - CLOSED

Doc's Hickory Roadhouse
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: WE'RE SMOKIN' BBQ Ribs, Brisket, Pork Turkey... Slow smoked the way Grandma used to do it over real hickory... Doc's Barbeque Sauce is rated in the top ten Best Barbeque Sauces of Kansas City out of 200 Sauces! All our meats are prepared in house, using our own General Managers SECRET Rubs, All of our meats are smoked in Doc's smoker aka Grandmas smoker, and our ribs are NEVER served with a knife they are tender and fall off the bone good. We offer Bransons only food challenge known as the heartstopper. We offer cobbler and Cheesecake Factory Desserts. Full Bar perfect for Large Parties, TOGO, Meat by the Pound, Catered Events, Large Groups and date nights. Come on down and see us we are located about a mile south of Hwy 76 on Hwy 165. Just past falls park on the left hand side on the way to Table Rock Lake and The Chateau on the Lake. Or just follow the smoke and smell of real authentic pit BBQ. See you soon
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

The ribs were awesome and we had never had fried corn on the cob before, very good. They had live entertainment that was enjoyable. Will definitely go back.

There are newer reviews for Doc's Hickory Roadhouse

Reviewed October 17, 2013

BBQ Ribs...fall off the bone good. BBQ sauce sweeeeet.....
Fried Corn on the Cob with a very light breading; my first time ever.
Potato Soup - I am a soup lover and this was worth returning for.
The smoker was working overtime in the back parking lot,

The ownership was new; the owner visited tables.
I am going back tonight to try the smoked brisket.
I love BBQ and in poker terms,,,,this was the " NUTS "

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We are from Illinois and I wanted access to their menu before we went. Just wanted to see what they offered and the prices, etc. The man answering the phone took my name and number down and said he would call me back after the "lunch rush". Well . . . that was about a month and a half ago and he still didn't call me back. Good thing I wasn't holding my breath! We won't go here because they don't care about us as a customer.

1  Thank tommarcella
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had dinner on a weekday at Doc's Hickory Roadhouse after attending a show in Branson. The service and food were both terrible. We suggest you avoid this restaurant. When we got to the restaurant, it was about 1/2 full. It took at least 10 minutes for them to figure out who was responsible for our table and for them to arrive to take our drink order. It then took over 45 minutes to get our food. I wonder how long it would have taken had the restaurant been busy. The food was cold when it arrived. I had the combo platter and it was OK--nothing special. My sister had the prime rib sandwich which she ordered to be medium-rare. When it arrived, it was a gray mess, cut into strips. She reordered it cooked medium rare and a similar gray mass arrived. It was so bad, she ate none of it. We then waited a long time to get our check and after waiting an equally long time to pay, we dropped sufficient cash on the table and departed as soon as possible.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stopped for a late lunch. There was maybe three other tables. We were surprised to see the meet being smoked behind the restaurant. The pulled pork was delicious and too much to eat in one sitting. Enjoyed!