“Grab a snack before you come there!!”
Review of Black Oak Grill

Black Oak Grill
Ranked #43 of 389 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and i ate outside, the inside is decorated in American country type decor. They play 50's music outside, which totally clashes with the feel of dishes, menu, sign, etc..service was fine, but the portion size, at least on the chicken fried chicken entree is SMALL!!! We liked what we had but you don't get much! You won't see any take out containers with leftovers leaving this place, guaranteed! We're not big people but think they need to either lower prices or increase entree sizes..we won't be back.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Mom and I went on a weekend for just us girls, had cheeseburgers and fries. The burgers were barely body temperature and the fries were cold. Our waitress was inattentive even though there weren't very many customers there. We won't be going back to eat there.

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

There were two of us and we dined here around noon on a Sunday. We were seated immediately near the front of the restaurant. We were served a hot loaf of bread & butter, which was very good!
Our server suggested onion ring appetizers and they were very good just the right portion for two.
I like that they have lunch specials every day and not just 5 days a week. I had ribs (half rack) with jicama slaw and fries. I should have told her no sauce, so I scrapped off as much as I could. Hubby had Mom's meatloaf with mashed potatoes & squash. Everything was just OK. We were full and I would eat there again, but it wasn't a place that I would have to go to when I came back to Branson, if you know what I mean.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Hubby and I went here for an early dinner on Saturday (530pm ish). It was all but empty so we were seated with a view of the water which was great!!

Pro's:
-Location- near the parking garage and free parking lot. Great view of the water!!
-Price- Great value and large portions
-Atmosphere great!

Cons:
- Service- Waiter got my drink order and meal wrong and charged us for the new non alcoholic drink I ordered.
-Menu- has some standard fav's on it but each meal is a accompanied by 'seasonal' veggies and mashed potatoes. We were told the 'seasonal veggies' were currently broccoli but when my meal came it had squash with it.

Tip
-Find out what specific veggie will come with your meal prior to ordering- if you don't like surprises.

-Order the country fried steak- delish!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We checked out most of the restaurants on Branson Landing and decided on this one. We made a good choice. I need gluten free, and the chef was very accommodating. All four of us, including two kids, had great meals at reasonable prices.