All reviews the indoor water park fun spot amazing pets laser tag mini golf all inclusive package clubhouse room pizza buffet bumper cars free pizza bunk beds comedy jamboree pizza place grand buffet game card country buffet spring break
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Branson is less than 4 hours away for us, so it's a great destination for a quick getaway. I just took my boys for two nights over spring break. Have been to Branson many times, but never to one of the indoor water parks. Planned it literally the night before, so no time to ask many friends for references. After a quick review of the options on-line, I book Grand Country because of their package deal. Had no idea what I was getting, but hoping for the best. I was NOT disappointed! For less than $300, I got a two nights stay, water park passes, a round of putt-putt golf, tickets to two on-site shows, 2 large pizzas, and a $10 game card at the arcade. They also gave me a card that was good for free coffee and tea at most places on property. With only two nights, we were barely able to fit this all in! We only left the property to grab McDonalds for breakfast (less than 1/4 mile away) and dinner one night. And we could have stayed on property for these two meals and never left. Plenty of choices without having to leave.

The water park, was smallish. If you've been to Great Wolf Lodge, you will find a similar look, but on a much smaller scale. The giant dump bucket is a huge hit. There's a small lazy river, a play pool with basketball goals, a toddler splash zone, and then a giant climbing fort with sprays and spouts and buckets. But only one slide!!! So if you have bigger kids, don't plan on the water park being an all day event. A few hours at a time, max. My boys are 12 and 5. We went 3 times over the 2 days and stayed no more than 2 hours at a time. Also, the water is COLD!!!!!! My little guy pretty much wanted to get dunked by the big bucket and then run straight to the hot tub to warm up. But that seemed to entertain him quite well, so that's all I needed to make me happy!

I would say the water park is fairly clean, but I kinda get grossed out by public swimming places, so I wouldn't give it overly high marks. I'd say, it passed. As for life guards, I felt it could have used one or two more to cover the fort area and one in the hot tub area would be nice as well. All the kids kept getting in there, and it was marked 'swim at your own risk'. I felt I had to really watch my little guy every second because that is where he wanted to be. And because tons of kids were in there, I had to get on to the bigger kids a few times for playing too rough (dunking littler ones). This really would have been handled better by a life guard than a mom. But to be clear, this wasn't a huge problem, just a minor one. More lifeguards would have made me feel more confident in letting my kids play there.

Bring your own drinks and snacks to the water park...we did and that seemed to be allowed. No signs to the contrary.

Rooms were just remodeled with new carpet and bedding (and paint I think). The room is an old layout. Outlets were few...not good for recharging every little device my family seems to bring these days. No fancy flat screen TV, but a TV. There is free wi-fi...kids happy about that. And we did have a nice size fridge and a microwave. Accommodations were nothing exciting, but VERY CLEAN!!!! Even the bathroom looked and smelled clean even though it had old tile (that part was not remodeled). For the price, it more than met my expectations.

Shows were on the corny side, but my boys loved them. I don't think we would have went to the shows had they not been included in the package. But since they were, we went. I think it added a truly Branson feel to the trip. Where else do you get shows like these? Definitely not a waste of time. So if you have tickets in your package...use them! You can always leave at intermission if you don't like. We did the Amazing Pets and the Comedy Jamboree.

The other extras in the package were icing on the cake. My boys love putt-putt golf so it was nice to have that included in the package. I'm sure we would have paid for it if it were a separate charge. The $10 game card was plenty to cover a few minutes in the arcade. We went to the kid party one night and used the card during that.

My only bad experience at this property was during the kid night party. First of all, 10:30 is way too late to start! And a balloon drop at 11:00...even worse time. But the absolute WORST part was that they allowed adults to participate in the balloon drop. They sectioned off an area for the kids 5 and under, so my little guy got to go in there. But my 12 year old was stuck trying to catch a balloon in the middle of a MOB of adults. Seriously!!!!! If they can rope off an area for under 5, they can rope off the rest of the area and designate it KIDS ONLY...even if it were 17 and under. Based on what I saw, the prize balloons were all grabbed up by adults who were taller and bigger than all the kids over the age of 5!!! Thoroughly disappointing. I really don't care that my son did't get a prize. It was just frustrating that he and the other kids stood almost no chance of getting one because too many greedy adults grabbed them all up. I thought it was a KID party????

Location is a huge plus as well! It's less than a quarter mile away from Wal-Mart (needed that first thing...you know how it is traveling with kids), Tanger Outlet, Ride the Ducks, go carts, Dixie Stampede, and many many places to eat. Plus we found prices on everything on the property to be very reasonable. Kid drinks were 50 cents, adding a salad bar to our free pizza...$3.5. Frozen custard was cheap. The prices for activities seemed very reasonable. Prices on items in the gift shops seemed reasonable too. When you go to other kids places like amusement parks and Great Wolf Lodge, etc, you come to expect grossly inflated prices. Throughout our stay, I continued to be pleasantly surprised at the low prices for extras everywhere we went on property.

So other than adding a few life guards and rethinking a few things at the kid party, we left this property with an experience that far exceeded our expectations. And my kids just kept saying they loved it and asking if they could come back! I would highly recommend this place IF you are going for a kid getaway. If you are going for an adult get away...this is NOT the place! Trust me. It's overflowing with kids...stay away! Have fun!

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not by the stairwells. We got there late and that was all that was left. Anytime someone went up or down the stairs, we heard every step. But we are not light sleepers, so it didn't wake us. if you are a light sleeper, this will drive you nuts! Building 3 is farthest from the water park. Wasn't a problem for us at all, but I can see MANY people feeling that would be too far to walk. Side note: unless it's hot out, bring a hoodie for the kids to throw on after the water park...their hair will be wet...the hood helps! Also bring dry pants so you can walk back in dry clothes and not freeze!
2  Thank C A
Reviewed March 21, 2014

When I called to schedule my room 3 months in advanced, we were told that it compared to a "small great wolf lodge." I was also told that no rooms were currently booked for the dates I booked. When we arrived at the hotel, all rooms were booked, which I understand since it was Spring Break. I assumed that since no rooms were booked at my time of reservation we would be given a room in the main building, which I was told was connected to the water park, instead we were given a room several buildings and parking lots away from the water park, which is NOT connected to the hotel and is its own separate building. When I asked why our rooms were so far away, if I booked first, I was told that rooms are assigned upon arrival. Since we arrived at 3:05pm when check in begins at 3:00pm and there was a huge line, we ended up in the building furthest away. When we arrived to our room, that had supposedly just been cleaned, the carpets were dirty and there was no towel for showers. When we spent time and money in the "Fun Spot" building, it took over an hour to get someone to help my daughter cash in her prize tickets, most of the arcade games did not work and cost $1.00 or more to play. I understand the resort had lots of guest, considering they offered a "Spring Break Package," but you would have thought they would have staffed and prepared themselves accordingly. When speaking to other guests at the hotel, some waited over 2 hours for their rooms and were not compensated in any manner. They were not even given their water park passes for their children to enjoy while they waited for their rooms. We will not stay here again.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Had a surprise 4" of snow in Mar. Fun in water park. Ice on the walks as had a north room. Asked desk 3 x in 2 days it be removed & it wasn't. One day the maids never came to clean the room, no towels