“Great potential - poor execution”

The Retreat at Foxborough
Ranked #100 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This property has great potential. The outside of the property is well-maintained and offers luxuries like a mini-golf course and a nice pool area. However, the rooms weren't the best. From ripped chairs to inadequate housekeeping, we were on the edge of bolting even though we had prepaid. When we arrived to our two rooms, one room had approximately 10 gummy bears, screws, and crushed chips on the floor in plain sight. The room had been cleaned as there were new towels and sheets, but the carpeted floor was untouched. The other room had bits of paper on the floor. They were quick to re-clean the room, but the next day it went un-vacuumed again. As we were checking out, there were other people complaining of dirty rooms on check-in as well, so we weren't alone.

Normally, I don't like to give negative reviews, but I hope they get their housecleaning situation fixed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Bowulf
GenMgrFoxborough, Front Office Staff at The Retreat at Foxborough, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are deeply concerned about this experience you have had with us and want you to know that your feedback, either negative or positive, is very much appreciated. Also, we want you to know that your voice is being heard and if you have any other questions or concerns to contact management directly at (417)335-4369. We have been working really hard to resolve this issue and have taken the necessary steps to insure this will not happen again. I hope that your will give us another chance to gain back your trust!

Foxborough Staff

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've had a difficult time trying to decide how to rate this hotel. I really don't have specific complaints but it wasn't quite what I was expecting.

I reserved the hotel through lastminutedeals.com and at $53/night (marked down from $73/night). A good price; from the pictures, website, and some reviews, was expecting an above average hotel room with a microwave and refrig.

First impression: the property very nice, the lobby is beautifully decorated.

When I checked in, I noticed the total was a bit cheaper than I'd been quoted on my reservation. After paying, my husband and I started comparing the total cost to the reservation quote and realized it was $50 less. I double checked with the front desk to confirm they had our room properly reserved and was told the rate was much cheaper than I'd been quoted. I believe the rate was $44 for weekend nights and $38(?) for the week night. An great rate.

When we entered the room, I was pleased to find it very clean. Somewhat dated furnishings, but very clean. Included was a coffee pot and hair dryer, however, the TV was so old, we couldn't plug in a DVD player. The beds were old, but comfortable. The pillows were small, luckily, we'd traveled with some of our own.

There was no refrig or microwave in our room. We could see through the window of the two rooms next to us and could see a refrig and micro in those rooms. Perhaps the missing refrig and micro is what caused us to qualify for a much cheaper rate?

The breakfast was very basic: instant oatmeal, cereal, boiled eggs, yogurt, donuts, coffee, milk, orange juice. If there were other items offered, I missed them.

Overall, I can't complain about this hotel. The two front desk employees were helpful and kind. Would I stay there again? Yes, but would request a micro and refrig (I travel with two small children) but wouldn't give more than $50/night. Bottom line: cheap rates helped cover the minor inadequacies.

Room Tip: The hotel is mutli-level and has no elevators.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pearlized80

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience that was caused. In regards to the fridge and microwave there should have been one provided in your room, since this was not the case we do truly apologize for the inconvenience and want to let you know (for next time) to report any issues to our front desk staff and they will get them taken care of accordingly. I want to personally thank you for all of your feedback and know that this will be passed on so we can provide solutions with hopes to better serve you next time! Thank you again!

Foxborough Staff

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have stayed at Foxborough twice now and really like the location and the good rooms. We stayed in a one and a two bedroom "condo" and it was great for our family at a relatively good price. The staff is friendly and helpful, breakfast in the coca-cola room was adequate, and the views are priceless. Kitchens are nice (a little stark as far as decoration and pots and pans) but most everything we needed was there...including a HUGE refrigerator and washer and dryer. There's even a picnic/grilling area with a small mini golf! No flat places, however, and parking on the back side is a little scarey. However, we WILL stay here again!!

Room Tip: The higher the floor (condos) the better the view. If you crave room darkening curtains bring your...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank choiral
GenMgrFoxborough, Front Office at The Retreat at Foxborough, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Guest,
We are ecstatic to hear about your stay with us! I will pass on these suggestions with hopes to make your next stay with us even more enjoyable! Thank you for your input and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Was in Branson Memorial Day weekend for a basketball tournament. This hotel was great! Stayed in a two-bedroom condo and it was perfect for my family of seven. The location was perfect and you can't beat the price. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Disgusted44535
Lerganian, Guest Relations Manager at The Retreat at Foxborough, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience here at the Foxborough! We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, and that we were able to accommodate your family in one of our condos. We hope to see you again soon. It was our pleasure having you.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

The rooms were clean and quiet. The pool was not open yet for the season. The complementary breakfast was very good, for the time of year. The breakfast room was decorated in Coke decor.
It was really cute, but a little small.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lerganian, Guest Relations Manager at The Retreat at Foxborough, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for this wonderful review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us including our newly renovated breakfast room. We hope to have our pool opened soon, weather permitting of course. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We travel a lot and have stayed in many hotels/resorts. The carpet was stained. If I could take a picture I would. The beds are old and it would scare me to see what is under the sheets. When we shower the bathroom floor floods. This is where Wyndham resorts put us up in order to attend their timeshare presentation. Oops, I mean their renamed vacation points program. I would rather sleep in my car than to stay in this place again. Horrible experience. Keep driving because there couldn't be a worse choice in this town.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lerganian, Guest Relations Manager at The Retreat at Foxborough, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Guest,
We are deeply concerned about the trouble you experienced during your stay. We value the feedback of our guests both good and bad. I can assure you we hear your concerns and are doing everything possible to find the appropriate solutions to the problems you faced during your stay. We encourage you to contact the resort manager to further address these issues and hopefully offer you solution that works best for you. You may email me for their contact information at lauram@foxboroughresort.com. Again, we do appreciate your business and hope to resolve this issue in a timely manner.
Laura Erganian

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Everything was just fine. Staff and the accomadations where very nice. Had a graet time and Branson is great. Take a break in life with a 1000 things to do and they ain't all country. I highly fecomend the shows at the Jim Statford Theater. From Jim too The Neil Diamond show, To Elvis, They are all great.

Room Tip: Priceline early for a super deal
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lerganian, Guest Relations Manager at The Retreat at Foxborough, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for that great review. We appreciate your business and are so glad you enjoyed your time in Branson. We hope to see you back soon!