“This was a nice adult time.”
Review of Stone Hill Winery - CLOSED

Stone Hill Winery
More attraction details
Owner description: Ranked as the third largest in the world, this winery was established in 1847 and is currently listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Reviewed December 30, 2007

My husband and I did the tour one morning of our trip. Note: Do eat before going, you are allowed to taste about 12 wines. The store smells wonderfull, of Grapes on the vine on a warm fall day. It would have been nice to have a little more education about how the wines are
made. IF you do not know how to taste wines this is not the place to learn. The thing I did not like was that the only time they stopped to
let you clean your palet was to change from reds to whites. After you taste 2 or 3 different glasses you don't get as good a taste of the true flavor of the wine. A drink of water or some coffee beans to smell between wines would have been nice. I did find several wines I enjoyed. Learned that they have a 10% off for buying by the case and you can mix the wines and juices to make your case. We where given a card for this same discount on futur purchases and you can purchase from the webb site. The juices they have are very nice and much much better than store bought. Not a tour for kids, they will be boured out of their minds.

2  Thank JunyBee1

Reviewed May 27, 2006

We thought the winery tour was just okay. The movie was a little long that they show. We expected our guide to explain more about the wine, how they make it, how to drink it, what each one means. He admitted that he was just going to rush through this part, so he just poured one right after another. Not that I wanted him to ramble about them, but he could have talked a little more as he poured. If you are loud and obnoxious, you get more in your glass, at least that was our observation.

2  Thank gohuskers
White Oak, Tx
Reviewed February 16, 2006

they really do a good job at this winery. the place is family oriented, the wine is fabulous (free tasting by the way) and with all the entertainment already in branson, it's something different. we went in between shows for the thirty minute tour.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 23, 2005

The entrance directs you right into the gift shop where you can purchase all of the wines and juices. The aroma is wonderful throughout the winery, I hope it's not artificial, but it smells like sweet grapes. The tour is nice and the attendants will tell you that it is child friendly but if the group is large the kiddos will be bored. The tour starts out with a short film and consists of about three rooms. Then it's off to the tasting room. Kids will not be allowed to even stand by you, they will need to stand or sit in the back while you taste the wines. If your group is large it will take that much longer for the tasting, so the kids will have time to kill. A gameboy or a book may help. We had a very large group and the tasting took over 40 minutes. They will present you with drizzles of about 12~15 wines which all sum up to about a half of a wine glass (according to the guide) by the 4th or 5th sample the wines become hard to taste. They let you rinse out your mouth before the sampling of the Norton, which is their flagship wine.
Great attraction for adults though.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 13, 2004

This is a great Branson Attraction. More for adults though, they will let children go through the tour and stand in the tasting room but smaller children get very bored watching the film and listening to the guide talk about wine. The tour is very interesting for somone who knows very little to nothing about making and storing wine and the best part comes last. Everyone gathers in the tasting room and gets to taste A LOT of different wines. They just give you a couple of sips of each kind but when me and my husband were there on our honeymoon they filled our glasses up several times. Needless to say I was feeling pretty good when we left. I'm not a big wine fan but the grape juice is great, much better than in stores. They have a nice gift shop with alot more than wine to buy and the prices vary from very inexpensive wine to very expensive wine. They also sell the grape juice in wine bottles and its not that expensive. All in all its a nice attraction and like I said what makes it even better is its a Free attraction. Our family tries to go to Branson a couple times a year and we always go on the wine tour.
It's just a tradition.