“The 3 Amigos”

The Butterfly Palace
Ranked #18 of 173 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Owner description: Walk among over 1,000 live tropical butterflies! At The Butterfly Palace & Rainforest Adventure, guests can walk among thousands of live butterflies from around the world! Each journey also includes a 3-D movie about the incredible life of a butterfly, a chance to check out some amazing creatures in the Rainforest Critter Center, and a chance to get lost in the Emerald Forest Mirror Maze. This is an interactive, educational, and entertaining adventure the whole family will love!
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Loved, loved, loved it!! It was so peaceful and tranquil. We were there for 3 1/2 hours and didn't even realize it! They are very informative about each of the butterflies. We sat down and the butterflies landed on us. It was very enjoyable!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,108)

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had a Groupon for 2 adults and 2 kids so it helped with the cost, otherwise it would have been very expensive. There were many different species of butterflies and they landed on you. There is also a mirror maze, science center with live animals, movies and a rainforest exhibit.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We visited The Butterfly Palace with my sister's family, who live in Branson. The price is high (I think $18), but if you know someone who is a local, you can get in for only $5 per person if they go with you and show their ID. That's the best way to enjoy this attraction! Our boys ages 4 and 5 loved the area behind the gift shop where there are lizards and turtles. The lady working in there was very friendly and even got out one of the reptiles for our boys to pet. We asked her if she would feed them so we could watch, and she was happy to. She fed the chameleon some crickets and it was amazing to watch his loooong tongue grab the crickets from her fingertips. It cracked us up!!! The boys also loved the mirror maze, which adults will find interesting too. Then we headed upstairs to watch a short video about butterflies. It was kind of out-dated and not very interesting, so the video didn't hold our attention too well. After that we went in the butterfly room and it was beautiful. My husband had a butterfly land on him and we took pictures. There are magnifying glasses for the kids to explore with. There are even some rare butterflies in there that you won't see anywhere else. All in all we had a good time. I wouldn't pay $18 per person, but if you can get in with a local for $5, that's the way to go!

1  Thank Jessica M
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I will start out saying a butterfly house is always an awesome adventure....if you've never seen one before. This one compared to our Butterfly House where we live was just okay....and twice the price as ours! There is a maze the kids will love, which was fun to do. My only remark on it is, if you seen one before don't pay this price to see this one.

Brittney B, General Manager at The Butterfly Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. It is a common misconception when we are compared to a butterfly house which is typically government funded and that is why the price of admission is much lower. The Butterfly Palace however houses live butterflies but, is an attraction in a tourist environment, we are privately owned and operated with no funding and much more to offer than a butterfly house.

We do appreciate your visit and are glad to hear you enjoyed the mirror maze.
Thanks so much!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I'm working my way around the country seeing the various butterfly pavilions. This one is number six for me, and is only outranked in my book by the one in Key West. That says a lot.

Butterfly pavilions are a magical and peaceful experience with hundreds of butterflies flying in a lush, tropical environment.

The Branson Butterfly Palace had a large number of live specimens, and some I hadn't seen before. If you've never been in one, give it a try.