“DO YOUR HOMEWORK ON THIS PROPERTY”

Windmill Inn & Suites
Ranked #117 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Memphis, Tennessee
“DO YOUR HOMEWORK ON THIS PROPERTY”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Only book this hotel if last alternative; please check room thouroughly sheets, towels, and showers. they changed my reservations 3 times and still didn't give me the room I originally booked, the linen was not fresh nor the room, location great but a lil noisy on the front side.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the front side to noisy if you looking for rest"
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Castle98

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Gladstone, MO
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Originally, I had tried getting another hotel which would have cost more money, but in July, by the time I was getting ready to book it for "18" people, it was already booked. I started checking out about 8 other hotels in the Branson area that had the continental breakfast. There aren't too many that do that. When I came across the Windmill Inn with the "toll free" number, I decided to call them.

Ron was very helpful on the phone in helping me get 5 rooms,and one of them needed for access for my handi-cap grandson.

When my family arrived, since I had booked the rooms, I wanted to make sure they got the correct rooms. There was a deaf couple in front of us, and the manager's wife was taking her time in answering their questions by notes, which I thought was very nice.

All the rooms have refrigerators, where I have never seen this in rooms before, and my son who had two rooms (one adjoining the other),had a nice upright refrigerator in it. I had read some negative reports here on TA, but I wanted to find out for myself. I will say the rooms were very clean, and I didn't find anything wrong with them. There is a swimming pool outside also.

The continental breakfast is not a big one, but they do have juices and waffles, toast, etc.

The Windmill is on Highway 76, and is within walking distance, or accessable to a lot of places.

I would say all the people who I dealt with at the Windmill Inn were very couteous.

P.S. We just found out that some of our friends had just left the Windmill Inn, the morning of our afternoon arrival.

The location is very

2 Thank brneyes5925
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed July 26, 2014

pretty average low cost motel. full size refrigerator. pool was freezing cold. hot tub out of order. close to dining and attractions. staff was amazing!!!!! free breakfast had waffles and biscuits and gravy. woman working in breakfast room made my waffle since I was carrying my infant grandchild

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I do not recommend this hotel. There were many problems (like the room being smelly and the hot tub never being open), but the main problem is that breakfast was promised until 10:00 daily, but on the last day of our stay, the management closed the breakfast at 9:00 because "people were taking advantage". So basically, they refused our breakfast service because of something that other people did. Trust me when I say that we were NOT the only unhappy customers at The Windmill Inn that morning. I tried to speak to the manager in person and multiple times by phone, but he or she never seems to be available.

Room Tip: Don't.
4 Thank TeacherMomMissouri

Travelers are raving about these Branson hotels

Little Elm, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Run down hotel, get what you pay for and less. First, tried to upgrade room and not available- got in queen bed room and had a full bed in it- then belittled me to tell me some queen beds are different sizes....huh? Then, after they determined the bed wasnt a queen they upgraded me to a king size bed room(not available remember). Inside of room was old, outdated, and smelt of smoke- they tried to tell me the smoke had come in from the ac intake- they did provide me with a can of frebreeze to repeatedly spray to try to cover it up.The ac worked great until it froze, i was then instructed on how to use an ac- they washed out the unit and brought it back, and i left it on the setting the manager put it on.......froze up every 3 hours for the remaining days we were there.Breakfast was very slim, no eggs, stale breads, and want you to eat there only. We went inexpensive and we got very cheap. Will not return to this hotel- Other family stayed at Quality Inn, and rooms were great

1 Thank Sean R
George P, Manager at Windmill Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Surprisingly we rented the same room 3 days in a row without any issue. And they extended an extra day on top of that. Well I think you were expecting Hilton kinda service. You went inexpensive and were expecting EGGS!!!! Don't match up. At the time you checked out you mentioned that you threw a bucket of hot water in the A/C unit which was not good idea either.

Decatur, Illinois
Reviewed July 20, 2014

For those of us who remember old-time motels along the side of the road, the Windmill was fine. We had a family suite with king bed and two doubles with a door to close off the rooms. We had a microwave and full-size cold fridge. The toilet worked which is always a plus and there seemed to be plenty of hot water. We were able to park right outside our door, which was great. The pool was clean for the kids and being next to the amusement park, Krispy Kreme donuts, the Ducks, and Denny's didn't hurt either. Often times people would be sitting outside in the wooden chairs and talking. The ice was plentiful and the laundry room was spotless --probably because few people ever washed there. They were too busy. :) One night loud music started up and it was gone before you could call the main office. It's a family oriented place for people who don't mind old. If you get freaked out with old comforters and towels and dim lighting, this isn't your place. The downside was the breakfast in the morning. Biscuits like hockey pucks, bland gravy and nothing else much. Good for that first cup of coffee, but not for a real breakfast. We adjusted and were glad to call it home for four days.

3 Thank janrteach20
DERRY
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Good hotel for the price we paid for a family suite. We has a king size bed and 2 full beds. We could even close off the room with the 2 full size beds. There was a full size fridge and a microwave. The location was great; so close to Tanger Outlet, Krispy Kreme, go carts; we just walked there. The only issue we had was the sheets had a few stains on them, but I asked housekeeping and she changed them for us. My son didn't like that he could not connect his game to the tv.