“Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #117 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Lytle
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We arrived in Branson a day earlier than planned. Our Hotel was book for the night, but referred us to The Windmill Inn. We called and made sure they had a room. The young man that answered the phone said he would wait for us to arrive. When we asked if he needed a credit card to hold it- he declined. He said he would just wait for our arrival. Next morning we met a very nice lady at the front desk. I told her that we were in Branson for my birthday in 2 days. We checked out and went to our other hotel for the week. 2 days later we were in the parking lot of the restaurant next to Windmill, the Front-desk lady saw us and walked over to wish me a Happy Birthday. Thay are really nice. The room was fine- no fridge- but a great value, breakfast included.

Room Tip: Nicest people you will ever meet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Ok here it is I just finished lookin at some of the negative pics on the web site they may have been like that before but they r not now my family and I just finished a weekend here and it was very very nice and clean rooms smelled good shower was clean and newly updated rooms I defenitly well stay again two thumbs up !

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Jag1933
London
Reviewed April 21, 2013

From the moment we arrived, we were treated so nicely and professionally by the lady receptionist called Casaral. The room we were given was really nice, the location the Windmill Inn is just perfect, breakfast is included in the very reasonable price and it was just great. There is nothing to complain about with the Windmill Inn. 100% Recommended.

Richard Kaminski.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank trigga1526
Flint, Michigan
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just got back from a 3 day stay in Branson, Mo. Stayed all three days at the Windmill Inn. The desk clerk upon check-in was polite and gave me a good rate. The desk clerk for the rest of the stay was different and was very friendly and polite. We had the free breakfast two of three days. There were donuts, bagels, toast n jelly, orange juice and coffee. I didn't expect much since our rate was under $40 a night. Our room did not come with a fridge or microwave. That is all I would change about our stay. We could have requested them but never thought to. Our room was exceptionally clean. They made sure we had enough towels and asked if we wanted our room cleaned each day. We were given a ground floor room upon request. We couldn't hear any traffice or neighboring room noise. It was a good stay. I would recommend.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the back side so as to avoid traffic noise and if not on the ground floor, get...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tracy M
Collinsville
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at this Inn a few years ago, and all the owner did then, was give out gift bags upon arrival, with New stuff in it. I thought WOW, this is Great. I never had this before at a hotel. Well I got to the room and it was musty old smelling. This in was closed for awhile, and when I saw that it was re-open, I thought, well I see what was differant. New owners who are on the property working evey day that I was there painting, shampooing carpets, changing out air conditioner units, etc. These owners are working there investment. I was glad to see the changes going on and NO MORE MUSTY OLD SMELL. Front desk staff are helpful and fun. breakfast, just the normal thing. Donuts, coffee, ceral, bagals, muffins. But hey for the price of the room, and the NO SMELL, I Didn't expect steak and eggs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Upon checking in we thought we were getting a good value. The room was average but it went down hill from there. We asked 3 times over a 3+ hour period for an extra pillow and blanket for our child. The first two times we were told it would be brought to our room. However, the third time I went into the office and asked again. I was told she was the only one on the grounds and did not have a key to housekeeping.
We had also attempted to log into the wi-fi from 3 different items. Each time we were asked for a username and password. When I asked the front desk clerk what they were, she told me they weren't necessary.

• Stayed August 2012
Eastvale, California
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We booked this hotel for a night because we wanted to visit Branson for Saturday. It was a birthday trip for me. We are from St. Louis so it was about a 4 hour drive and a late one for us. We got there and checked in. My husband checked us in while we waited in the car. I can't speak much on the check in process other than he didn't have any complaints! I take that as a good thing.

When we got to the room it looked "cute". I was pleased that they put a crib/playpen in the room. It was sweet until I when to turn on the light on the side of the bed and it didn't work. Doh! I thought well maybe that was a small issue they needed to fix. We found that the rest of the lights worked fine. When the lights came on I remembered the reviews of " you get what you pay for." I would go a step further and say we got a little less than what we paid for. I've stayed in other hotels for less and it was cleaner!

The good: The hotel wasn't hard to find. It has a unique theme, nice sitting area out side by the front. The size of the room fit our family. There is a small fun park right in front of it. Each room had a TV with decent channels.

The bad: It has a small fun park right in front of it and one on the side which can be could be a good or bad. When we got there close to midnight the fun park to the side of it still had go carts going. So if you are sensitive to noise beware of that. the hotel needs updates. It wasn't as clean as it could have been. The front of the hotel looks unique but the rest of the rooms look like regular rooms. Wish they had carried theme on through to the rooms located in the back.

The ugly: Ok so here are the things that made me never want to book there again, the bed wasn't good. My husband complained about his back hurting the next morning. We actually slept on the top and used a blanket. I saw the pictures of the stains on the mattress of the other review and it scared me off of getting comfortable. The beds in the other room looked ok. The kids didn't complain. I went to make coffee and saw the coffee pot was dirty. Yes dirty with stains I washed off. After rinsing it out and brewing the coffee I discovered there was a hair strand right next to it and another on the other side of the sink. It did not belong to anyone in our family. Yuck! There were two holes in the walls. There was mildew at the top of the shower curtain. The towels had red markings on them. The tub was dirty and the sink had a brown ring around the drain. The flooring wasn't clean and looked rather disgusting and there was a wasp in the kid's bedroom.

Sorry to say that we won't book here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Branson hotels