“Had to change motels.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #113 of 140 Hotels in Branson
North Carolina
“Had to change motels.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

I booked this motel due to the good price and great location. I travel for my job and am overall not a picky traveler. We had two rooms and my sister-in-law stayed in the other. All of us had severe back pain the next day from the HARD beds. I can't even describe how awful. We moved to another hotel across the hwy with pillowtop matresses. The room was clean, but definately needed updating. I would recommend to pay the $10 more for a better motel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
tmac26, Owner at Windmill Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
We apoligize for your bad experience. You were a guest before the presdent owners took over.
We have made many improvements and will continue to improve the motel. We hope you might try us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
TC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

DO NOT STAY HERE! We stayed here earlier this month and our car was broken into and several items stolen. The Branson police took over an hour to respond when we called, and the cop told us there were only 2 officers on duty the night our car was broken into. There is evidence that the hotel employees may be involved. The guy that checked us in was fired the day we found our car burglarized. The carpets are filthy. I spent hours cleaning our room when we got there. The Clorox wipes I used to clean the floor in the bathroom were black with whatever was on the floor. The tiles around the tub were detaching from the wall. The owner lives in California and has health problems, so they weren’t helpful with investigating the situation either. Can't share photos b/c our camera was stolen.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SKMTC

Travelers are raving about these Branson hotels

Durban, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

The Windmill Inn is located in a perfect spot in Branson. It's in the middle of just about everything, and because it is right next to A giant America-themed chicken it is very easy to find.

The rooms are definitely older, but they were clean when we got there. The one issue we had was that on one day of our stay, the maid who had charge of our room merely pulled the blankets up, and didn't bother to wipe anything down. She did, however, empty the trash. If the cleaning is going to be shortchanged somewhere, I'd rather have the trash gone than my bed made.

The person working the counter when we arrived was AWESOME. He checked us in, answered a bunch of questions, and then recommended the Kirby VanBurch show as right up our children's alley. He was even able to get us tickets at a a very steep discount - something we always appreciate.

The pool is clean and very relaxing, my kids loved ending the day there. However, the breakfast is VERY lacking. We specifically look for hotels with breakfast, and we only managed to eat this one once, it was so disappointing. It was also uncomfortable. The room is very quiet, and there is an attendant there. It's... uncomfortable.

All in all - the hotel worked well for us. We didn't have to sit through any time-share spiels and it was (mostly) clean and comfortable. We really didn't spend a lot of time there, anyway.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Shawn D
oak lawn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

the mtce man knocked on our door very early to deliver an iron and board. We didn't answere,we were half naked. the chain was on. I got dressed & asked him why he opened my door. He started SCREAMING at me "I have 140 rooms to take care of; I can't babysit you. If you don't want the MOTHER FUC--- iron I'll take it back I started crying and shaking, I was terrified. then he screamed go ahead and thell them in the office. Crying and shaking i told the desk clerks what happened. THEN jERRY CAME IN SCREAMING. THE CLERKS CODDLED HIM. IT'S OK JERRY, WE'LL TAKE CARE OF IT. I STILL CANNOT BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED. I AM A SENIOR CITIZEN. i WOULD'NT STAY THERE AGAIN IF THEY PAID ME!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Every one else at hotel was fine.
Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank 779fran_p
st. clair mo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

If your looking for location, this is it. Room very old (as most everything in Branson), but it was clean. Great if you need separate bedrooms-2 rooms separated by bathroom, very nice for traveling with teens. We do not spend any time in room when we go to Branson, so if its clean and cheap its good. In front of Tanger Mall, right beside one of the Tracks, next door to great restaurant. Swimming pool disappointing, as 3 feet all the way across.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Searcy, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

This was our first time and the Guesthouse Windmill Inn and I was pleasantly surprised. We stayed three nights at the end of August. The staff was exceptionally friendly. Room was great. We got the one with the jacuzzi and it was big enough for 4 people and plenty of hot water to fill it. It was a quiet hotel. Enjoyed the pool which was fantastic. It was next door to one of the Tracks Go Kart places so we just walked next door to ride them. They have an amazing restaurant next door, American Chicken and Steak, the best food I have eaten in Branson. We also walked to it from our room. Loved this place and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank garnetfire
brett_levi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed here about seven years ago and returned this month. The main reason for returning is that they have a family suite.

The best way to describe the suite ia to picture a normal double queen room with a large bathroom at the back. On the back of the bathroom is a door going into another double queen room.

If I remember correctly, it cost around $85. Not bad price, especially for the location. It is right up the hill from the Tanger Outlets.

Staff was very friendly, and helpful. We did not try the breakfast, since the kids love going to Krispy Kreme to watch the donuts cook. Krispy Kreme is next door.

The complaint is that it seemed dingy. The carpet felt nasty when you walked barefoot. Everything almost felt damp. I don't live very far from Branson, and am accustomed to the humidity, but this just made things feel a little gross.

If you read my other reviews, I have found a much better family suite in Branson.

I liked the people, but it just seems a little dirty.

• Stayed August 2011