“Very clean, met all the basic needs plus plenty of towels”

Windmill Inn & Suites
Ranked #116 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We were very pleased with our stay at the Windmill. The rooms were clean and well stocked with towels (traveled with 3 teenagers). The two bedroom suite worked out perfect. There were not a lot of frills, but we went to visit Branson, not stay in the room. The money saved was spent on activities in Branson. The location was perfect and had easy access to the entertainment. The breakfast was good, and the gentlemen was very friendly and made waffles for everyone. I believe I received more for my money and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 6, 2011

We loved this inn. The room was roomy (king bed), clean and well stocked. The pool and hot tub were well kept with towels stocked. The staff were friendly and helpful. The location was perfect, close to everything but our room was still quiet and comfortable. The elevator was very helpful for my disability and saved my husband from carting suitcases up and down stairs. the ice machine was clean with plenty of ice. We have chosen "the Windmill" as our place to stay from now on. It is also located next to the best best chicken restaurant we have ever been to! Thanks Guesthouse Windmill Inns and Suites for making our vacation so enjoyable. Rick and Cindi, Arkansas

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Walls were very thin - the next door neighbor obviously had to sleep with the TV on - we could here it through the wall- all night! Room was small as was the tv - probably a 19" and very limited cable channels - only 1 kids channel. Had to crawl under the table to adjust the AC - had to do it by feel as it was so dark under there I could not read the settings. Bath towels are good for exfoliation (i.e. rough!). Breakfast room is WAY too small for the size of the hotel. The first day they ran out of donuts, OJ, biscuits and gravy and waffle batter by 8:00 am. Had to eat 5 SMALL bowls of Cheerios to even feel remotely satisfied. An older lady was working in the breakfast room and seemed very unorganized and flustered and could not keep up with guests' needs. The 2nd day was better as a gentleman was working in there and was much more calm and organized..
The pool was cloudy and kids were finding gross stuff on the bottom. We only stayed a few minutes.On a positive note, the beds and pillows were comfortable and the room appeared clean.
I realize this is not supposed to be a 5-star hotel, however, expected a little more with all the competition in the area.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

Yes, this hotel needs some updating (like many on the strip). But the room was clean, with newly updated bathrooms. The king loft suite had a king (firm mattress) and full bath on the first level, and a double with a half bath in the loft (with a door to close out all noise and light!). Perfect for traveling with a teen who values his privacy and wants to stay up later. They were also offering deals for staying 3 or 4 nights which was great. Breakfast was good - waffles, doughnuts, cereals, biscuits and sausage gravy. Our only complaint - our non-smoking room smelled of smoke (as if 5 families ago, a smoker had stayed in the room). There was also an ashtray on the desk. We bought a bottle of Febreeze and sprayed the room. Either the hotel didn't "police" the room to make sure people staying in it didn't smoke (all the housekeeping staff we saw smoke so they would not have been able to smell the smoke in the room), or the housekeeping staff smoked in the room while cleaning it.

2  Thank RoseofTexas
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Nice pool and hot tub...Lots of clean towels in the pool area....Beds were double, NOT queens..Only one very soft pillow per person..No micro or fridge...cheap mattress...only working ice machines are in the main bldg...

Breakfast included cold biscuits, but delicious gravy...make your own waffles...mostly lots of carbs.....

Great water pressure in shower...Entire place is needing new carpet and paint...Very difficult to find Wifi service....Good location....Seriously doubt that we'll ever stay here again...Can stay down the road at the Howard Johnson's for same price....

2  Thank RJ2Missouri
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Our family of six stayed in a Family Room. The layout was nice--two bedrooms, separated by the bathroom. The bath and toilet has a separate door from the sink and mirror, so if someone has to use the facilities, it doesn't block anyone from moving from room to room. The rooms and bathroom were very clean. Everything was well stocked. Had a little difficulty connecting to the wi-fi, but the staff was helpful, and we eventually got it going without a problem. The night staff was wonderful. We got to Branson pretty late due to a flat tire, and when we arrived, we felt like it was a little too late to go do anything. The staff member told us we could get in the pool until their shift ended and they had to clean the pool. He also let my child use the employee restroom when it was obvious that my son might not make it up to our room. He was very friendly. The next evening guy was similarly friendly and helpful.
Now, the woman who was running the continental breakfast was atrocious! I'm sure it is one of those things where she has been working there forever, and this has developed in her a deep-seeded hatred for all of humanity. She was a witch. First, we got there thirty minutes before it was supposed to end, they had run out of coffee, there was only one do-nut, gravy, but no biscuits. Two of my younger children wanted the one do-nut. She said, without being prompted, "What's here is here. Whoever gets it, gets it and that's it." I opted not to let either of my children have the do-nut and instead decided to make waffles in the waffle maker. There was a place for waffle mix on the counter, but it wasn't filled. There was a tub on the other side with plastic wrap covering it. I walked over and got a spoon and started to fill up my cups. Apparently, this was too slow of a process for her because she walked over and took my cup out of my hand! She then dipped the cup into the big tub of batter. Batter was everywhere. She handed it back to me without even wiping it off. I got batter all over my pants and had to change when I went back to my room. My other child decided on cereal. Both cereal machines were full, but there was no milk. I asked the lady if there was milk somewhere my kid could have for the cereal. She didn't say anything, but went back into the back, brought out a gallon jug, and slammed it down on the counter, and then walked away. This was good treatment compared to the lady who was behind me. Her waffle got stuck in the waffle maker, and the lady yelled at her about how she didn't leave it in long enough, that she was supposed to wait until it beeped. (There were no instructions posted anywhere on how to use this waffle maker.) The lady then made a big show of having to clean it, banging it against a sink, and sighing continuously as she scrubbed. She was so bad, the next morning I refused to go down for fear of running into her again.
Other than this one crazy woman, the stay was delightful. (And really, in the end, she just reminded me of a very cranky, very southern grandmother.) Everyone else was super nice and friendly and the hotel was very comfortable. I would stay here again, but maybe go to IHOP for breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank travelinthedark
Reviewed June 8, 2011

There was some glitches with my credit card and the staff handled it graciously. The room was quite nice and clean. Excellent bed which is rare and delicious free hot breakfast. All in all, it was great for the value. The location was central to everything in town. You get a great discount if you have the front desk order the show tickets for you; and it took only 5 minutes for them to deliver the tickets to the motel for you. The La Quinta down the street was twice the price and the room was not as nice.
I would recommend this motel to everyone.

Room Tip: got a room with a jacuzi; great for end of day