“Another tourist trap . . . stay away!”
Review of Blue Man Grill

Blue Man Grill
Ranked #256 of 373 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
“Another tourist trap . . . stay away!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Ok. To start out, you need to know that I live in Branson and eat at most every place in town. See our other reviews for some good restaurants - this one certainly is NOT worth eating at.

To start with, my wife and I ate here on a weekday at 5pm. The place had only 3 patrons in it when we showed up. We stood at the door for almost 5 minutes before anyone seated us, and even then, it wasn't an employee that was on the clock?! That was the first hint. . .

Next, our waitress was new, having been there only 4 days. So, for that, I was willing to overlook the fact that it took almost 15 minutes for a glass of water. It wasn't hot out, so I really didn't mind, but that was hint #2.

There was only 2 servers that day, and fairly quickly, it was evident that the cook couldn't keep up with the 3 orders that were already placed, as the couple that was there was served the wrong item or at least their food at the wrong specifications, at which the other server apologized profusedly for. Hint #3.

We ordered a salad and buffalo wings. 5 minutes later, the server came back out and apologized that they were out of buffalo wings. Hint #4.

My wife ordered a salad instead. In the 40 minutes it took us to be served 2 salads, 6 other customers at 2 tables got up and walked out as they had not been served. Hint #5.

When the salads were served, we literally had to question the server as to whether our order was correct. For several reasons: 1) the salad was served with the wrong ingredients (my wife had asked for no cheese and her salad came with cheese on it) and 2) the salad was so incredulously lame, we actually laughed at the sight of it. It was, seriously, like 2 ounces of lettuce with 4 pieces of white cheese, in which the cheese appeared to be raw bread dough, like a biscuit popped out of a can and served raw. Bizzare. Hints 5 and 6.

And, our server apologized for everything. Repeatedly. Like 20 time while we were there. It got old. Quick.

If you eat here after reading this review, you deserve what you get. We will not eat there again.

• Visited October 2012

Carthage, MO
“A must stop!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The Mac and Cheese was amazing! If you want to eat on it for days, order the full order. My husband's burger was so big he was having trouble figuring out how to eat it. lol! The only negative was the time, but that is excusable considering everything is made on the spot when you order. Try it!

• Visited October 2012
“Unique specials”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We tried two of their specials on Saturday, one was a twist on a Philly sandwich it was pork instead of beef and was really good especially with the cheese they use. I asked what kind of cheese it was and was told a blend called provel, really good with the pork peppers and onions. My wife tried the chicken salad sandwich and was surprised to find it had grapes mixed in with the chicken and onions. She said it had a good balance of flavors. The chef said that they try new specials and combinations every few days to keep it fresh and new. Next time we are in town we are for sure going back

Blue Eye, Missouri
“very good lunch”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Went here w/ my husband for lunch. Burgers were supposed to be great and they were. Server was new and it showed. Slow to even know we were seated, and get us menus, but improved after that (she was the only server and there were quite a few people there, she needed help).
Food was excellent, fries and sweet potato fries, awesome. The bun the hamburgers came on were great. We will definitely try again.

• Visited September 2012
Tulsa, OK
“A little pricey but worth it”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Great lunch this labor day weekend. The mac and cheese is amazing and my kids enjoyed the wings. A bit pricey, but we thought the quality of food was perfect. The location is difficult, but if you can make it through the traffic I highly recommend giving it a try!

• Visited September 2012