“Good & Clean But Never Again”

Fall Creek Inn & Suites
Ranked #73 of 139 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed July 14, 2009

I only booked two nights at this hotel because their website and all the travel sites portrayed it as a great place. They exclaimed on their site that they had a HUGE breakfast, HUGE pool, great rooms, etc. Well, that's not what they had at all. The breakfast consisted of 4 kinds of cereal, three kinds of juice, coffee and a plate of donuts. Nothing more.

We also asked for a fridge and microwave in our room (extra $$ per day, per appliance) and they were both in our room upon arrival. We left our stuff in the room, went out for awhile, came back and the appliances were gone. We called downstairs and the lady brought them right back up. But still...why were they taken out in the first place?

There were cigarettes everywhere on the property. Not sure if they were from guests or workers...but they were everywhere.

The pool was really small and shoved back in the corner of the property.

One good thing about the hotel is that they accept pets. We even saw a guy with a cat!

We probably won't stay here again, but if it was the only thing available and we were really tired, I guess we'd give them our business. I just felt like the staff really didn't care if we were there or not. No one seemed thankful or appreciative. You can kind of feel the vibe of the hotel through the employees, so when they all act like zombies, something must be wrong.

• Stayed: July 2009
There are newer reviews for Fall Creek Inn & Suites

Reviewed June 9, 2009

nice motel for the money. away from all the congestion of branson. other reviews warned of the spiders, and yes, we did kill one spider while we were there for 2 nights, so kind of had a case of the "creepies" after that, but didnt see any more spiders or bugs. pretty clean. fridge didnt work but staff quickly brought another that did. was told on phone that room had a king bed and it didnt, and they didnt seem to know what i was talking about when i told them i booked a king room. we had a jacuzzi room, which was pretty small and cramped for the money but large enough for a couple. all in all, not a bad place, i would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wildcat5415
Reviewed May 8, 2009

Basic motel located just off the Branson strip. There is a stream behind the motel with a lovely grass area, tables and chairs, bar b q grill, and swimming pool. The hotel provides a limited breakfast of rolls, coffee, cereal, and hot chocolate. There is not a hair dryer, ironing board or shampoo or condition in the room. However the front desk will provide them if you ask. I have stayed in many hotels and this hotel is as clean if not cleaner than some 5 star hotels. The only reason I can not rate this hotel a 5 is that is because of the basic appointments. The front desk service is friendly and helpful. If you are looking for a great place to stay this is it.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pattiangel1
Reviewed January 23, 2009

We stayed at this hotel in the summer, the pool was open and ok. Room was ok as well. Figured it would be a quiet place being out of town. BUT I'm guessing with it so close to the lake there was a TON ok people with canoes. Also the great picnic tables were taken night and day by a bunch of rowdy people drinking. The pool area is fenced but drinkers were standing all around the fence being loud and rude. Would have been a good stay except for the MASSIVE group of people with no manners.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank eaks
Reviewed October 26, 2008

We found an add in the Hotel & Travel Coupons booklet and and area gas station. We have been in Branson many times and thought this time we would come without resevations. It was no problem finding a room. The coupon made it sound as if the microwave and fridge would be included in the room. It wasfor an extra fee. The internet did not come in, when I called and asked for help i was told it worked and to come down to use it in there lobby. The first morning we went down for breakfast at 8:50 am and the breakfast was already being put away and we felt as if we were imposing. The offer couple in there said that if you want breakfast you needed to be ther by 8:30, breakfast was to last until 9. Two offer couples came after us.

That night when I asked for about the internet I was told if I came she would help me get in. This person was much more helpfull. The next night we came back from a long day and found the towels had been changed but the bed was not made nor was the garbage can emptied.

When we checked out I verbalized my complaint once again and was told that the breakfast was out until 9 the first morning but when I reminded her of what was there and what she already had put away she had to agree with me. At that time a manager came out and listened to my complaint, she offered a free stay but tell me what good is that when we are from Wisconsin and have no clue when we will be back. Had they not charged my card they day after I registered they could have offered to reduce my bill by a day.

I will not go back there

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank nancyrn
Reviewed July 6, 2008

We recently spent several nights at the Fall Creek Inn. I selected the property based on reviews I read on TripAdvisor and was pleased when I actually saw the property . It was a clean, comfortable room at a reasonable price, just as I expected from the reviews. We had a lot of activities planned in and around Branson and since we weren't planning on spending a lot of time in our room we really didn't want to pay a lot for it. We just needed a place to sleep and bath. We paid less than $60 per night, including pet fees, on a holiday week so we were pleased. Our room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. These rooms have no frills at all but I give them high marks for their cleanliness. We had a pet friendly room that was clean with no bad odor. The rooms on either side of ours were occupied but we didn't hear any noise through the walls. They seemed well insulated for sound, but we could hear noise from the walkway outside through the door. Nothing that really bothered us though. The room keys are not swipe cards; they are actual keys. And the doors lock automatically when shut so be careful not to lock yourself out. The door had a deadbolt but not a chain or security latch from the inside, but we felt perpectly safe at the hotel. We were cautious about security after reading a review posted by a traveler who was a victim of theft while staying at the hotel. We were careful to make sure the door was locked when we left and didn't have any problems. There's a nice little picnic area in back of the hotel by the creek where you can grill out. The creek was high the day we checked in due to heavy rain and there was evidence that the parking lot may have flooded in a small area on the back side of the hotel right by the creek. The pool was a decent size and clean. The hotel provides pool towels. Several good restaurants are close to the property. We really liked that the hotel was off the main strip so traffic wasn't a problem, yet it was still quite close to everything. It was easy to find shortcuts from the hotel to our destinations to avoid most of the traffic congestion. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. We were pleased with our stay at Fall Creek Inn and will stay there again if we go back to Branson.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank unwound
Reviewed April 12, 2008

This place was nice and clean for the price. However, we had reserved a refrigerator a month in advance and we called the week before we arrived to see of they had one reserved for us and they said they did. When we showed up they "didn't have any". What is the point of reserving one if they don't have any.
Staff was nice as most folks in Branson and we were gone all day and evening, only showing up to shower and sleep; so the place was adequate for us (other than promising us a frig and not having one.)

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family