“So So”

Ranked #66 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Tulsa, OK
“So So”
Reviewed January 23, 2009

We stayed at this hotel in the summer, the pool was open and ok. Room was ok as well. Figured it would be a quiet place being out of town. BUT I'm guessing with it so close to the lake there was a TON ok people with canoes. Also the great picnic tables were taken night and day by a bunch of rowdy people drinking. The pool area is fenced but drinkers were standing all around the fence being loud and rude. Would have been a good stay except for the MASSIVE group of people with no manners.

• Liked — Out of town near a creek with waterfall
  • Disliked — Caliber of people staying at the hotel
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank eaks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
wisconsin
Reviewed October 26, 2008

We found an add in the Hotel & Travel Coupons booklet and and area gas station. We have been in Branson many times and thought this time we would come without resevations. It was no problem finding a room. The coupon made it sound as if the microwave and fridge would be included in the room. It wasfor an extra fee. The internet did not come in, when I called and asked for help i was told it worked and to come down to use it in there lobby. The first morning we went down for breakfast at 8:50 am and the breakfast was already being put away and we felt as if we were imposing. The offer couple in there said that if you want breakfast you needed to be ther by 8:30, breakfast was to last until 9. Two offer couples came after us.

That night when I asked for about the internet I was told if I came she would help me get in. This person was much more helpfull. The next night we came back from a long day and found the towels had been changed but the bed was not made nor was the garbage can emptied.

When we checked out I verbalized my complaint once again and was told that the breakfast was out until 9 the first morning but when I reminded her of what was there and what she already had put away she had to agree with me. At that time a manager came out and listened to my complaint, she offered a free stay but tell me what good is that when we are from Wisconsin and have no clue when we will be back. Had they not charged my card they day after I registered they could have offered to reduce my bill by a day.

I will not go back there

• Disliked — service
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank nancyrn
Mississippi
Reviewed July 6, 2008

We recently spent several nights at the Fall Creek Inn. I selected the property based on reviews I read on TripAdvisor and was pleased when I actually saw the property . It was a clean, comfortable room at a reasonable price, just as I expected from the reviews. We had a lot of activities planned in and around Branson and since we weren't planning on spending a lot of time in our room we really didn't want to pay a lot for it. We just needed a place to sleep and bath. We paid less than $60 per night, including pet fees, on a holiday week so we were pleased. Our room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. These rooms have no frills at all but I give them high marks for their cleanliness. We had a pet friendly room that was clean with no bad odor. The rooms on either side of ours were occupied but we didn't hear any noise through the walls. They seemed well insulated for sound, but we could hear noise from the walkway outside through the door. Nothing that really bothered us though. The room keys are not swipe cards; they are actual keys. And the doors lock automatically when shut so be careful not to lock yourself out. The door had a deadbolt but not a chain or security latch from the inside, but we felt perpectly safe at the hotel. We were cautious about security after reading a review posted by a traveler who was a victim of theft while staying at the hotel. We were careful to make sure the door was locked when we left and didn't have any problems. There's a nice little picnic area in back of the hotel by the creek where you can grill out. The creek was high the day we checked in due to heavy rain and there was evidence that the parking lot may have flooded in a small area on the back side of the hotel right by the creek. The pool was a decent size and clean. The hotel provides pool towels. Several good restaurants are close to the property. We really liked that the hotel was off the main strip so traffic wasn't a problem, yet it was still quite close to everything. It was easy to find shortcuts from the hotel to our destinations to avoid most of the traffic congestion. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. We were pleased with our stay at Fall Creek Inn and will stay there again if we go back to Branson.

• Liked — cleanliness, price
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank unwound
Oklahoma City
Reviewed April 12, 2008

This place was nice and clean for the price. However, we had reserved a refrigerator a month in advance and we called the week before we arrived to see of they had one reserved for us and they said they did. When we showed up they "didn't have any". What is the point of reserving one if they don't have any.
Staff was nice as most folks in Branson and we were gone all day and evening, only showing up to shower and sleep; so the place was adequate for us (other than promising us a frig and not having one.)

• Liked — Clean and cheap
  • Disliked — Offer a refrigerator and then never had one.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Arkie in AR
Reviewed March 18, 2008

I had contacted Fall Creek Inn the first of February to see if they accepted pets. Several hotels/motels do accept pets, however they must be under a specific weight. We have a large dog that is well over 80 lbs. I was expecting to hear the same restrictions from FCI, but to my delight they said it was fine. I booked immediately. Our check-in was wonderful with the staff being able to help with any & every need. The rooms were very clean. Our pet room was dog and urine smell-free. The grounds were very well kept. The creek located behind the hotel is very serene, the 2 small waterfalls are very pretty. For warmer weather they have a pool, bbq grills, picnic tables and horse shoe pits. There are also 2 restaurants within walking distances. We were very pleased with our entire stay. The hotel is not far from hwy 76 and the attractions, but it is very quite and relaxing. You tend to forget you are so close to the hustle and bustle. We will be staying at Fall Creek Inn every time we return to Branson.

PS: A wonderful kennel is Camp Little Paws, for overnight stays and daycare. Due to the age of our pet and certain health issues, we only used daycare this time. We have, however, boarded her for a weekend. It seems a little out of the way, but they have always consented to my requests.

• Liked — Pet Friendly For Large Dogs!! location, friendly staff, clean rooms
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Calicat13
Illinois
Reviewed February 9, 2008

We stayed at the resort the first week of November. We were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the rooms. My husband & I took my parents with us. The staff was so helpful in accommodating their needs. We went to a show in Branson and the staff provided a ride for my parents to attend one of the night's festivity at the resort. The only thing that was troublesome was the light outside my parents bedroom. There was a piece missing from the blinds on the glass and it shined in while they were sleeping. We put up a blanket and that solved the problem. Otherwise, it was a great stay. I've included some pictures that I took. We stayed in a 2 bedroom lock-off.

• Stayed November 2007
1 Thank zinger430
Arkansas
Reviewed June 19, 2007

We came with our clogging teams ready for a great time as we do every year at this.Pool was ready and so were our little girls.My friend took them to the pool and I went down to get pamplets to see what to do next.(tops we were gone 30 minutes)came back and our purses were stolen.Nothing else touched(cameras;etc)We had a bad time there, won't go there anymore.

1 Thank Snickers10