“Awesome little museum”

Veterans Memorial Museum
Ranked #13 of 172 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A national tribute to the brave men and women who defended our liberties during the 20th Century. The museum hosts 18,000 sq. ft. with 10 halls of history including WWII, Korea, Viet Nam & Persian Gulf, You will find a list of the men and women who lost their lives in these wars and you will be fascinated and humbled by this moving memorial to our veterans.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed May 31, 2007

This place is absolutely wonderful. I didn't expect the collection to be as extensive as it was. They had a LOT of stuff for each of the major wars US was involved in.

There was a WW2 vet going through while we were there, probably talked to him for an hour.

Very well-done exhibits!

5  Thank gohuskers

Reviewed February 26, 2007

My husband & I went through this museum last Sept. Not crowded at all. In fact, we were the only ones there! The owners/hosts were very pleasant. We wondered around for an hour or two. If you enjoy history & artifacts, you will love this museum. Very moving & a couple of times I had tears in my eyes.

1  Thank Sharon M
Reviewed April 19, 2006

Vietnam, Desert Storm and the war in Iraq all have been brought to through a daily does of TV and the papers.

I was humbled and moved by this Museum. To see what they fought a war with and won made me realize that the key weapon was their hearts. They wanted Freedom and wanted it bad. They loved this Country and planned on keeping it. It wasn't due to the technology. Uniforms, from W W I and W W II, guns, swords, pictures by the dozens. A section with German and Japanese war items. The memorial in the center room with all of the names made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. God bless them all.

4  Thank rayjay243
Reviewed August 15, 2005

We visited the museum a couple years ago and it was very moving. It has so much in that one building. I wish I could have gone in without my kids because there was so much that I wanted to read but was too busy watching them. It is definately worth the money to see, plan on staying a while and looking at it all. It is amazing.

3  Thank chel317