“Informative”

Veterans Memorial Museum
Ranked #13 of 169 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A national tribute to the brave men and women who defended our liberties during the 20th Century. The museum hosts 18,000 sq. ft. with 10 halls of history including WWII, Korea, Viet Nam & Persian Gulf, You will find a list of the men and women who lost their lives in these wars and you will be fascinated and humbled by this moving memorial to our veterans.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Van Buren, Arkansas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Informative”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

It cost me and my husband $14 a piece. They do offer military discounts, but I'm not sure how much that is.The museum is full of information and artifacts. (Not sure if artifacts is the correct term or not. There was several glass cases consisting of personal belongings from soldiers/nurses/etc.) It is definitely a lot of reading but well worth it. The story that stuck in my mind afterward was about a lady who married a soldier at age 21 and became a widow by age 23. After her husbands death she became a nurse to help the troops and she wrote a letter back to her family saying how awkward it was when soldiers asked her why a beautiful lady like herself was not wearing a (wedding) ring.

The staff at the museum will tell you it takes about 2 hours to walk through. It just depends on if you skim through the information versus wanting to read everything. I personally walked around and if I seen something that caught my eye, I read about it. It was neat reading about the homing pigeons they used to communicate with other soldiers. The bathrooms are clean. There is a gift shop with military flags, license plates, magnets, t-shirts, and other misc things.

I took a picture of the statue that had a soldier representing each state. The artist carved the statues by looking at pictures of the individual soldier, which I thought was neat. As I was walking around I noticed one soldier looked as if he either tripped or was shot, because his gun looked as if he dropped it and his back foot was touching the soldier behind him. There was no description regarding this. I unfortunately didn't take a picture of it.

I would recommend this museum to a friend.

Jerseyville, Illinois, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“love this”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

What a great museum. I have never been in a museum like this. Great price for your money. How great to see what the war was like. And to see what my family member went thru in the war. Very well put together! So very glad my husband & I wen thru this. I wish my cousin name would have been on the wall when we went thru the Viet Nam wall. Hope that he gets added to it. Thank you for sharing all this with us.

Visited July 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“War History”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

It was one of the best history lessons I have ever had...you could go as slow or as fast as you wanted..it was really great to see the various uniforms and weapons on display. I loved the wall of all the soldiers who perished in World War II I was able to take a picture of my Great(how ever great) Uncle's name. I loved the display of the 50 soldiers representing all the states from World War II. The price was pretty reasonable and it goes to help the Museum survive and teach us all of our heritage.

1 Thank Joyce F
Fort Wayne, Indiana
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Moving!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Take a moment from your busy day and visit this place! All the profits go to running the museum and keeping these pieces of history alive! Admission was very affordable and my 11 year old son loved it! I was very moved by looking at the exhibits and reading some of the stories!

1 Thank nicole100k
Alabama
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Excellent displays.”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Covers all the major wars, and also has some German memorabilia from the World Wars. Self-paced tour.